It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First form of Matter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

A quark-gluon plasma (QGP) is a phase of quantum chromodynamics (QCD) which exists at extremely high temperature and/or density. This phase consists of (almost) free quarks and gluons which are the basic building blocks of matter. Experiments at CERN's Super Proton Synchrotron (SPS) first tried to create the QGP in the 1980s and 1990s: the results led CERN to announce the discovery of a "new state of matter"[1] in 2000. Currently, experiments at Brookhaven National Laboratory's Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider (RHIC) are continuing this effort [2]. Three new experiments running on CERN's Large Hadron Collider (LHC), ALICE [3], ATLAS and CMS, will continue studying properties of QGP.

This is what i found out
www.bnl.gov...

From my new Guiness book i found out that Quark Gluon Plasma was the first form of matter that existed for less than a few microseconds during the big bang. And that conventional atoms of matter did not form until 400,000 years after the big bang.

Scientists collided two gold ions at light speed in the Relaivistic Heavy Ion Collider in New York. The result was these particles lasting for less than 10^-20 secons.

I think that this is very interesting considering the fact that the particles from that matter might be the smallest form of our stages of matter.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
hmmm never heard of it a first form of matter that sounds big but why 20-30 seconds what happened then?

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ArtemisFowl

They settled into more stable forms of matter. Apparently it decays very fast.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Cool!

This is the first time of heard of the quark-gluon plasma and to me it does make sense how this was the first form of matter in the beginning of the universe.

Maybe before quarks were made, super strings were made before that, which is just energy from what I know about the Super-string Theory.

top topics

join