It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

super D

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
New board member here. I am happily married with 5 children. We are happy and healthy. I am full-time family, work, and school. My wife is an independant sales consultant for Mary Kay. She also is about to become a substitute teacher. Three of the five children are in school. All five will be in next year. I am in school to be an Electrical Engineer. I am currently an Avionic Technician as an Air Reserve Techninician. I look foward to learning and sharing knowledge here.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Hi super D! Welcome to ATS.

Avionics huh? I'm considering studying that. It's either that or go straight into the workforce... not quite ready for that yet. How is avionics like?

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS new friend...

Here is some very good information for you..

Important Links

Have fun, I do..

Semper

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Avionics is a little unique. To work avionics you have to have a good understanding in how the system operates when it is functioning properly. Unfortunately problems are not always appearant, especially with intergraded avionics. If you like to get to the root of complex problems, this is for you.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by super D

I studied IT, followed by psychology and mass communications. Right now I do freelance computer troubleshooting, but that's not a real job, according to my dad. He's an aeronautical engineer and it was he that suggested avionics, since I've got a knack for fixing computers.

I'm looking into it partly because of that, but mostly because my dad is in that industry. How similar is it to working with computer systems?

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

thank you

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Unfortuantely I do know enough about computers at the moment to speak with any kind of authority, but I will say they two fields are similar if you like complex troubleshooting.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by super D

I do like troubleshooting problems. The more challenging the more interesting it is to me. What about job prospects in that field -- are they any good?

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   

There are four different directions you can take: military, civilian airline companies, Dod contractors(Boeing, Lockheed Martin), and the FAA. I am currently working for the Air Force Reserve as a federal civilian during the week and military status on weekend, doing the same job basically. speaking of that I need to go. I will talk to you more about it later

new topics

top topics

join