It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 52 (Woomera, South Australia) UFO Craft

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The only thing I have heard of that even comes close to the Area 52 reference for Woomera was a proposed site for nuclear waste, site 52A although I'm not sure if it's officially part of the installation.
While many sightings there may be misidentified missile tests or the like, some are curious, it seems UFOs are interested when it comes to weapons testing and anything nuclear.

Pine Gap has some great stories though, locals seeing white discs with USAF marked on them etc...
One I was thinking of trying to verify was a case where some police picked up some off duty US security working for pine gap releasing thai lantern type ballons made from garbage bags, wire and candles soon after some legitimate sightings.

I have to agree Australia is full of sheeple, the commercial media is a joke, wars can be raging elsewhere in the world and all we hear is regurgitated news from other sources.
Oh and sport and celebraty BS.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by squiz
I have to agree Australia is full of sheeple, the commercial media is a joke, wars can be raging elsewhere in the world and all we hear is regurgitated news from other sources.
Oh and sport and celebraty BS.

Don't worry, it isn't any different in the US or Europe, I've lived in both. The general population of all of our countries are on about the same level of ignorance where maybe 1% of us actually are able to critically think about certain topics.

[edit on 21-5-2007 by Jack_Deth]

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I don't know anything about the woomera base, but the are two bases that you should have a looking at, here are some google maps links.

North West Cape

Pine Gap

Also this blacked out spot in alice springs looks a bit strange to me

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I'm sure there would be plenty of hidden stuff out in the outback and red centre we don't know about, but i dunno how much of it relates fo UFOs and other secretive projects.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Originally posted by sugeshotcha

Tonight I heard a talk from a lady, lets call her Mrs P. This lady is a member of the Australian disclosure project (releasing top secret and classified information about UFO activity to the public through the freedom of information act)

For now, I'll just ask about the above quote.

Where did you hear the talk ? Radio ? In person ? If in person, were
there others in attendance ? Was it an open meeting ?

If she is a member of a Disclosure group releasing info through the FOIA,
it's no longer Top Secret, or Classified. It's been released. As such,
why would she hide her identity ?

Since she is a part of an FOIA Disclosure group, have any links to
reference what she has found ?

Thanks in advance,
Lex

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
I'm sure there would be plenty of hidden stuff out in the outback and red centre we don't know about, but i dunno how much of it relates fo UFOs and other secretive projects.

I've heard a few strange stories about military bases closer to home near Melbourne. No solid evidence or facts, but interesting to listen to, delivered through a chain of people.

The USA.gov.mil must be licking its lips at how useful our country is for their storage/testing of anything they desire. Our weak politicians pander to the USA.gov.mil, all the while most of us wouldn't have a clue what is happening across our vast land.

I'd bet there is far more happening on Aussie soil that has top secret US interest than we know about.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
My family and I lived in Woomera durning the late 1970's and my dad worked out at the base. I know that he had told me Ufo stories in the past and we were not allowed out past a certain fence on the base. I do know that they were listening to the Russians from the location as well as another base in Austrailia (the city its near escapes me right now). I do recall this.. that one year when we were about to goto Adelaide for a Christmas break- we left late-because something happened. Now, my dad never quite said what happened. But, I have seen a report about a ufo near New Zealand that seems to about the same time. This would have been in 1978. He also refered to a "area 52". As well as S4 here in the US. Everything my dad did in the USAF was classified.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Thanks for your info Shadow.That was really interesting.I'd like to hear more if you can.
Also you all remember the ufo video shot from the space shuttle where it looked as though a laser beam of sorts was shot from Earth and the ufo zipped away?Wasn't that beam allegedly shot from somewhere in Australia?(i may be wrong)

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Its true 99% of Aussie are totally ignorant to UFO's....etc, as long as we can get a cold beer, few cones and a smoke....its all good mate. Just read the "The Gosford Files" or "The OZ files" and you will soon learn there are tonnes great cases here.

I have been through the massive tunnel networks along eastern coastline that where built during WW2 in preparation for an Japanese invasion. These things are HUGE stretching over km's not to mention how complex they are and these where built in 40's, god only knows what they have know underground. If you are a local ask around for the Cave Clan and they can give you maps of tonnes for underground tunnel networks. So this does not surprise me at all

KTK

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 02:40 AM
link   
why did stone monkey sign up the day he bumped this 3 year old thread only to dissmiss it? odd.

Australia is an experimental ground for the cia(look at our gun control laws and immigration policy). Do you really think asio is run by australians? They have been running this country since ww2. Investigate ocean shores(near byron bay) and cia drug money for an eye opening education.

What the op claims dosnt surprise me i the slightest. We are not an independent country, the cia in this country has more power than the queen.

Our concentrated media keeps us dumb and not suspicious, we have murdoch and packer(james is an official scientologist) controlling everything. On that note as much as i dislike howard it concerns me that murdoch is in bed with both rudd and hillary. Unfortunatly i think this is the calm before the real storm.

Ever looked at australian rhodes scholars? Two to watch for are malcom turnbull and tony abbot, once you investigate you realise that left/right politics are all bull and are there as a distraction.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Well its no secret that Little Johnny is GWB's personal hand puppet, so really what the US wants, the US gets from Australia and its citizens.

As far as the Area 52, I guess it would be a front to throw people off the scent. Having travelled many km's in NT, SA & WA god knows what 'they' could do out there and no one would ever know, and if someone did, more than likely no one would care.

Our 'she'll be right' attitude does us no favours in general, however, Australia is not a backward, detatched etc as some people think.
That said we are still flying F1-11's (and proudly) - probably not a good example.

The whole police state argument is weak and I think it is no different to other countries I have visited, however our government is top heavy with the elite & criminals robbing us blind at every turn, and its tollerated and in most cases encouraged.

[edit on 23-5-2007 by one_small_step]

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by KTK
why did stone monkey sign up the day he bumped this 3 year old thread only to dissmiss it? odd.

I really hope you are not talking about me mate.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Lets not get up on our high horse on this topic as its dear to my heart and some objectivety would be nice. I have always said Australia is a NWO poster child as we have a culture of she'll be right mate and the old frog in the warm pot of water on the stove is very applicable.

The atypical Aussie is only worried about their footy, BBq's and fishing with a few variants of that social standing about, but I have personally noticed a shift in peoples rationale with the Iron Hand of the present Liberal Govt. policing us into oblivion.

We need to have someone from the Australian Military comment on the supposed bases as there is only the Echelon Base near Geralton that I know of in West. Au now and it would be good to have someone dispell all this Area52 stuff or confirm it.

KTK

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by helium3

Originally posted by KTK

I really hope you are not talking about me mate.

No I was making a diss info joke about army guy bumper since its a touchy subject round here. I thought it would be rather cool to have an Australian disinfo agent about.

I have no problem with anything you said. I dare say you can educate me on some of the things im not aware of that dont get reported by chanel 9 or a murdoch newspaper.

[edit on 23-5-2007 by KTK]

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by KTK
Australia is an experimental ground for the cia(look at our gun control laws and immigration policy).

Our immigration Policy is just fine thank you very much. And the majority of Australians AGREE and showed it at an election. WE don't want to be swamped by boat people. If people want to immigrate they do it the legal way and take a place in line. Otherwise you get the problem like America has with their illegal immigrants. Since we don't have land borders, we only have water borders...

Also our gun control is fine. We dot want to become like the US with their guns and have our school kids getting pistol whipped or worse at school all the time.

You dont agree that our gun control laws have made a safer australia? You can still get guns legally and i'm sure you're some how able to get some illegally too...though not recommended.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Also that blacked out spot in alice springs is WATER!!!!

lol

It must have rained and there's still some water left over. red soil. dark water. ;-P

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
Also our gun control is fine. We dot want to become like the US with their guns and have our school kids getting pistol whipped or worse at school all the time.

I don't agree with our gun control laws. My Dad had to give up his pump-action shotgun and semi-auto 0.22 rifles when the laws came in. All because Port Arthur was shot up by that lunatic??

Australia isn't any safer now than before, nor do I think that we're more dangerous than before. I don't want to veer the thread away from UFOs, so in some way, the gun laws are tied to government control which equals population control which equals information control.

Control the information and we'll never know what there is in our country, with regards to UFOs, that's being hidden from us.

How many Victorian people know about the Grampians UFOs? Possibly a an extremely small percentage, yet during the peak periods, there were lights acting strangely on many nights. Locals also reported military jets performing low-level fly-bys on at least one occasion. How many Aussies wouldn't have a clue what our puppet government is being ordered to do by the USA.gov.mil???

KTK

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE

Originally posted by KTK
Australia is an experimental ground for the cia(look at our gun control laws and immigration policy).

Our immigration Policy is just fine thank you very much. And the majority of Australians AGREE and showed it at an election. WE don't want to be swamped by boat people. If people want to immigrate they do it the legal way and take a place in line. Otherwise you get the problem like America has with their illegal immigrants. Since we don't have land borders, we only have water borders...

I never actually stated an opinion on either topic. Just wished to point out that Australia already exhibits some traits which are tied to many of the different conspiracy theories on ATS.

gee im on the defensive tonight.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
Australia isn't any safer now than before, nor do I think that we're more dangerous than before.

Id be very keen to get the statistics on firearm death/shooting pre/post 1996 in relation to Port Author. If anything i say there are more firearm related crimes. I know theres one a week in the south/west Sydney.

[edit on 23-5-2007 by helium3]

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
U need to add some fake CGI picture to this thread. Ask Chad

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join