It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shirley MacLaine & Dave Rabbit Interview – ATS MIX Show 42

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
To Shirley.

Your body of work has been outstanding. The movies, the books, the Television appearances. I'll even admit to having a bit of a boyhood crush on you.
It's the friendly eyes, the welcoming smile. and your sense of humor.

For my question.
There was a small part in an Albert Brooks movie. "Defending Your Life".
A cameo, in a way. You were the host of the "Past lives Pavillion".
I remember the look on the characters faces, when you appeared on the screen, instructing them on how to see their past lives.
It was BRILLIANT of Albert to cast you for that scene.

I just can't imagine anyone else appearing in that little scene.
Which by the way, was the CHERRY ON TOP. of an already great movie.
I still crack up every time I see it.

How did that come about? Did he sell the idea to you? Did you suggest it to him?

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Dave, Just a little sidebar. ive listened to every ATS mix made.
I have to say, you use whole lotta words to say very little. Not that what you say is little, just that after the paragraph that you spill, it can be condensed in 1 or 2 meaningful sentences. Now you will be without your wingman Johnny, so its up to you man. So, mind your rants and ease into the sidebars, this be a proper lady.
So that being said, love ya man, you can do this!!

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   
To Shirley:

I would like to know if she has seen any negative entities while obeing? And what she thinks about if there creations of our own mind, from our own negative thoughts and actions?

[edit on 16-11-2007 by malakiem]

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
You guys have hit the big time on this one.

Ms. MaClaine,

To this day, I can put in my DVD of "Terms of Endearment," watch it with my 16 year old daughter and both of us cry our eyes out, but our favorite character you have done so far is "Ousier Boudreaux" from "Steel Magnolia's." When I first heard the title of your new book "Sage-ing & Age-ing," it reminded me of "Ousa!"

How much of your own personality do we see in the characters that you play?

In regards to your spirituality:

What is the one thing that has truly motivated you to become such a spiritual person?

Thanks for taking out time to be here and thanks for being you.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
WOW Shirley MacLaine !!!

OMG,,,, What to ask Shirley?

Hum, I gotta think about this. It's
not something to take lightly.
What an honor, Thanks Dave

[edit on 11/17/2007 by MountainStar]

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by creepy81

There are TWO Dave Rabbit's. One, that does the ATS MIX Show with Johnny, and one who approaches things on a more professional level. Example, my Jane Fonda interview. The ATS MIX Dave personality would never have had a successful interview with Jane. Trust me, I know how to do one on one interviews with celebrities.

Dave

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Wow! It is great to see you Shirley on ATS. I have always been fond of your acting talent, especially in "Steel Magnolias". Your character was a hoot.

The question I would like to ask you is this:

Are you a dreamer? Specifically, do you dream every night and if so, do you dream of prophetic events for the future of the human race?

I haven't read your book yet, so I don't know if you have already covered this, but I thought it would be a great question to ask.

God Bless!

Wrangell76

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Hi Ms Mclaine,

Just to let you know I really appreciate your views on many topics, as you have always remained stedfast in what you have put out there, never sidestepping, or changing your thoughts when you are put to task for them. I like that in a person!

Having read many of your books, I'd like to know which one has the most special meaning to you, and why?

Which of your films has the most special meaning to you and why?

Thanks for taking the time to answer some of our questions!

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Let's not lose our perspective, it's Shirley MacLaine, not disclosure or the second coming.

I respect the body of work this women has given us, but still, she gets up in the morning and goes about her day the same way the rest of us do. I hate to see people putting someone on a pedestal just because they can feign a character on a stage or before a camera.
Granted, she does it better than most, but spend some time with celebrities and you find out just how much they're just like you and me.

That said, I do have a couple questions.

Have you read or studied any of L. Ron Hubbard's books or courses ?
Has Scientology had any influence on what you believe ?

I see many parallels between what you espouse and the teaching's of the Church of Scientology, but have never heard of any connection.
Just curious if there is a common denominator.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
On the recent Larry King "UFO's Are they Real? presentation Shirley made a reference to America's enemies..
Russians, Terrorists Asteroids and Alien Invasion...

I would like to know her source for that

Thanks

And welcome to our Lunacy

Very good question, I hope this one gets asked

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Virtually every single 'solid' UFO case worth talking about somehow involves the military of the country in question. On Larry King she mentioned how the fear of external threats, including UFO's, benefits the Military Industrial Complex. So couldn't it be said that the majority of allegid UFO enounters are being perpetrated by the military as a matter of incentive?

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
nice job getting shirley on an interview guys!

i watched her small interview last night on o'reilly report, and had to applaud her on politely shutting some of the interviewer's biased 'spin' down, and fighting to keep the topic serious.
many thanks for your efforts shirley.

my question, albeit not an original one: what are your views on 2012 and in a worse-case scenario of that event date, would you see any alien intervention or presence? or formal disclosure?

thanks,
b

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Living an interesting life is always best, Ms. Shirley Maclaine is certainly squeezing every ounce of interest from this life.

My questions in no particular order;

Most religions express the divine as an external influence, do you see the divine as beginning within ourselves and expanding outwards, or is the divine an external influence..?

Is it important to our well being to believe in something greater than ourselves, or at least we become greater than we are after this exiistance?

Do you believe there was a great "Mother" belief system thousands of years ago that has resulted in the many factions we see today..?

Can humanity overcome itself and create a society that can at least attempt a higher level of existance?

do Cosmic principles exist....would the same spiritual guidelines apply to an alien race as to ourselves?

Lastly, of your accomplishments which are you most proud, in professional and non professional life..?

Many blessings and thank you for spending so many rainy days in my living room making me smile.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I would like to ask recently there have been a few hollywood movies about alien invasion and government coverup, have you ever heared around the many friends you have of any kind of government involvment in the writing of the scripts for these movies? and do you think we are being conditioned towards disclosure through the big screen?

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by creepy81
May I call you Shirley? hehe

Now that is creepy. But I look at it as humor and laughed when I seen your screen name with that little line and a hehe. Still smiling long after reading it.

Regards,

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Ever since your 1963 movie "Irma la Douce"
you made an impression on the world and myself....

is that about when your interest piqued in the paranormal?
(& did you begin your life quest as a undeclared 'Beatnick')

luv you,
a lifelong admirer

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Was she the Grandmother in Halloweentown?

I should know my daughter made me watch the movie like 5 times over the course of a weekend.

But I wasn't paying much attention, kinda nodded off during the film.

Either way she looks great for her age.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I have had out of body experiences for most of my life, but mostly when I was a child.

When I was young, I would lie down in my bed and stare at the ceiling. After some time, I would feel this tremendous "whoosh" followed by an absolute pristine stillness. The sensation was that I was floating in an infinite darkness. I could no longer feel my arms or legs, and lost the sensation that I was breathing.

While inside this darkness, which could last anywhere from a few seconds to what seemed like hours, I could mentally "watch" things happening. I would get flickers of images and events, past and present, near and far; I could hear voices talking, even hear music sometimes.

Often I would run across something that felt very friendly, similar to the feeling of being safe at home.

On occasion I felt as if I was eavesdropping in on conversations, not all of them spoken in English. Though the only other language I was ever exposed to as a child was German, I can tell you that the words I heard were neither of these, and yet I somehow understood them... and just a handful of times I got the eerie sense that whoever I was listening to was aware they were being spied on!

The last category I could only describe as terrifying. It was rare, but whatever I bumped into in this category was full of anger, malice, and seemed to be an emanation of darkness far worse than the neutral black I felt myself floating in. It growled.

After talking with my parents about this, they decided that it was trouble and advised me not to speak of it any further. The experiences didn't go away, however, and I was later taken to doctors for testing.

No results were found that seemed to make any difference to anyone, and as the years went by the memory of my stories faded away.

But today I still have these experiences 2 or 3 times a year, and have also discovered that I can make them happen at will any time.

These events frighten me because I don't know what they are or if they pose any danger to me.

I am wondering what your view would be on this?

Thank you.

[edit on 17-11-2007 by dionysius9]

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Dave Rabbit

Hey, I can hardly wait for the interview, good job. I'm bound to have some questions especially from my wife. One of her biggest fans.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I would ask her to show physical evidence (ie. genuine gov't documents or photos), and bring her sources to a major news conference since this would be history in the making.

Apparently this info isn't classified if the intel folks she knows told her about it. O'Reilly asked her about those sources and she said she won't give them to him.

This comes down to 2 scenerios:

1. She can't provide any hard evidence which makes her no better then any other person who makes claims like this. I don't enjoy hearing "you gotta believe me" since it goes without saying what that does to the UFO community. Using her popularity only makes things worse if this is false info.

or

2. She better have this info ready for public release before the Feds get there if she wants to make history/prove her claims before she gets arrested. Her sources would also get arrested if this is true so they might as well sit next to her and spill their guts on what they know.

I also like to know about the question Zorgon asked.

This is not an attack on her, but i'm here to help deny ignorance. Not having any proof isn't going to work with me and many other members on this site. I'm not that easy to win over.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join