It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serious virus going around!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I have caught a serious virus. Luckily i am here to tell you about it. My wifes friend was in the hospital with pneumonia and almost died. Then, my wife caught the virus from her when she went to visit her. Then my wife got pneumonia and was off from work for 2 weeks. Then shortly after she got the virus, i got the same thing too.
I went to the docter and told him i think i have some kind of super virus, and he thought i was crazy because pnumonia isn't neccesarily contagious. I thought i had bronchitis at first, but turned out to develop into pneumonia. Then I gave it to a guy i work with and he was out for a whole week.
OK the symptoms of this were: starts off feeling weak for a few days and itchy inside of throaght. Then cough develops. Then cough gets worse. Then your up all night coughing, trying to hack ukp a loogie, but nothing comes up. Then fever, sometimes up to 104f. Sweating like crazy. Severe loss of appetite.
Docter gave me no antibiotics, but my wife got some from a diffrent docter. I got prescribed psudovent and some asthma pill. went away after about three weeks all together.
Has any one else experienced this?

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Have you had the flu shot? Hear a lot these days about mutating colds and viruses, just wondered if you or your wife had taken the flu shot.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
i vaugely remember those symptoms but not out of the hospital honestly i dont think your doctor is very good if he thought you were crazy things have happened before like this

there is a super bug around here in FL that cant be rid of by cleaning

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I am also extremely sick and i dont know what to do!! I may lose my job over this one!!! The sweats, the high fever, not being able to function, that cough that has got to be painful for others to put up with (Non productive cough)...I got home from work yesterday and i had a 103 fever, then it went right down with some ibuprophen- tonight i feel worse!!!!
I honestly feel like i'm going to die :shk:

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
go to the docter! The sooner you get some prescribed meds, you will get better a lot sooner. Get some rest, drink lots of fluids and good luck!

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I went to the hospital 2 weeks ago and they said i had pneumonia. I got meds and became better, only to get WORSE AGAIN!!!

i'M GOING back to the hospital tomorrow real early in the AM and they better really take care of me this time!!!

If you dont hear from me again....well you know.

top topics

join