It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teenagers have the appetite of voracious cutworms!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
We have an old saying in our family:

If it's not nailed down...it's GONE...into their stomaches.

**Parents BEWARE**

Be forwarned.

Once a teenager has taken a shining to your cupboards and fridge, you will find yourself taking on a *second job* or *second mortgage on your home* - just to satiate their appetites.

I decided to 'cut my son off at the pass' tonite.

I ordered 2 Party-sized Pepperoni pizzas!

I had some extra cash, and today was an exceptionally longggg day at work for me (cleaned 2 big honkin homes), so I wasn't in the mood to cook. Capiche?

We had ordered a party-size pizza before, and I assumed that it would suffice 4 people. How wRoNg I was!

That sucker or should I say, 1/2 to almost 3/4 pizza, was INHALED by my 6'3", 17 yr. old son. Jeeeeeeesusssssss. He was like a pelican. Why ohhh whyyyyyyy, did I ever pass on the genes for him to inherit 'teeth'.

Heee heee, sooooooo anyways, I passed the plate to him and said:

Help yerself...as much as you want!

Well, like a shot from a pistol at a horse race...that kid dove in. I lept out of the way, and smiled to myself, thinking, "There's no way in hell that he'll finish a whole 'party-size pizza' on his own.

He damn near did. He's a little green around the gills, but what the hey. That'll learn him! Hopefully? Mabey?

Nahhhhh nah nah nahhhhhhhh nah....we have the other pizza!

[edit on 16-11-2007 by TheDuckster]

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
LOL, my mom complains about the same thing, she thinks I have worms in my stomach or something.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

It's because they're growing! When I was 15, I walked five kilometres (about 3 miles) to Pizza Hut and ordered 2 large pizzas for myself. The guys working there asked me if I could really finish it. Of course, I told them. When I was going through the first half of the second pizza, the fellas told me if I could finish it, they'll give me a third pizza for free. They must've been bored, I agreed and finished the final half. They then presented me with the final pizza, which I finished up as well.

But that was back then. Nine years down the road, I could only consume one and a half pizza by myself. My sister (who is 18 now) finishes the other one and a half
She really eats a lot, but never seems to gain weight -- something her friends are insanely jealous of. I myself have a problem gaining weight. Must be in the genes, because I remember my Mom consuming (secretly) half a chocolate cake on her own.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Yes...the insanity prevails. :shk:

I wonder if the appetite is any different with guys and and gals when they are teens? Mind you, I've seen a few teenage girls 'pack it away', when they chowed down.

Teenage boys obviously are 'black holes'. They suck in the food, furniture, and surroundings, but where the hell does it go?

[edit] spelling

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I understand this topic well. My 17 yr. old son eats constantly. He eats, poops and sleeps...just like a baby

He starts off his day with appetizers...two egg sandwiches with sausage, cheese, mayo whole wheat toast, and 1/2 gallon of milk or juice which ever is handy. Then about 3o minutes later he's ready for breakfast, that can vary from 1/2 box of raisin nut bran, to three or four breakfast burritos...and there goes the other half gallon of milk, or juice. I can't keep up with his milk and juice habbit. And his egg consumption, well, I had to buy a bunch of chickens so we have a steady flow of eggs.

We haven't even gotten to his mid morning snack yet
The boy is full on constantly hungry. Where do they put it all?

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jensouth31

"Black Holes" - that's my final answer Regis....'

I should've named my son 'Quazar', but I don't want to end up sounding like a Frank Zappa episode and name my child 'moon unit' or something crazy like that!

Jen?
I don't know where the hell they store it.

Their matabolisms must be off the chart!

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I went grocery shopping for Thanksgiving, and I threated him with death if he gets into anything that I have set aside for Thanksgiving day

So far he's being good!

top topics

join