It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official Green Bay Packers Fan Thread

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I dedicate this song to all of the Puckers fans.

THERE'S A TEAR IN MY BEER Lyrics
Artist(Band):Hank Williams Review The Song (0)
Print the Lyrics

1:
There's a tear in my beer
'cause I'm cryin' for you,dear
you are on my lonely mind.
Into these last nine beers
I have shed a million tears.
You are on my lonely mind
I'm gonna keep drinkin'
until I'm petrified.
And then maybe these tears
will leave my eyes.
cause I'm crying' for you dear
You are on my lonely mind.

2:
Last night I walked the floor
and the night before
It seems my life is through
and I'm so doggone blue
I'm gonna keep drinkin'
till I can't move a toe
and then maybe my heart
won't hurt me so.
cause I'm cryin' for you dear

Lord, I've tried and I've tried
But my tears I can't hide
All these blues that I've found
Have really got me down
You are on my lonely mind
I'm gonna keep drinkin' till I can't even think
Cause in the last week I ain't slept a wink
cause I'm crying for you dear

Judging by this thread, it's quite fitting...

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
I told you they wouldn't go.

Although it means nothing unless you win the Super Bowl, all I have to say is: at least we won a playoff game, buddy

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
you're just a bandwagoner..

Yep. Only team I've ever liked is the Packers, and they haven't won or even been to a Super Bowl since I've been watching football....but yep, I'm a bandwagon fan.

I wonder why I hate the Patriots so much if it's so obvious to everyone I'm a bandwagon fan.

I've been a conscious football watcher since the 2001 season, and in that time, the Packers have basically done nothing of significance aside from this season. When they did make it past the first round, they would get beat in the divisional round.

Yet I'm still a fan. I guess I'm just a sucker for those 3-5 playoff records

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I'm reviving this thread now that we are getting back in to football season again.

What does everyone think about the Favre situation? Should he be traded? Should they release him? Should they bench him?

I'm pretty disgusted with how Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy are handling this. You'd think they'd have a little more respect for someone of the stature of Brett Favre and all he has done for that organization.

Without Favre, I don't think they would have landed Reggie White, and not having both of them means they definitely don't win their third Super Bowl. They wouldn't have won all of those division titles. They wouldn't have gone to a Super Bowl in that time period. And they wouldn't have gone to the NFC Conference Championship last year.

They owe a lot of their success to Favre. It is a team sport, I understand that. But he was a major part. His stats can't be argued, and the intangibles he brought are unique.

They need to stop saying he won't be the starter if he were to return to Green Bay. You go with the best QB. You find that out through training camp. Put Favre and Rodgers up against one another and see who is best. If Favre is, bench Rodgers for another year. Who cares if he is wasting his career on the bench and his feelings are hurt. You put the best QB out there, and until Rodgers is the best QB, he has a spot on the bench to fill.

If Favre is not the best QB, they need to release him, unconditionally, and allow him to choose who he would like to play for. If they trade him, they need to give him a say in who they trade him to. Its the least they could do for him.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

I'm annoyed by this situation as well, but I do see where they are coming from. Because Brett is Brett, they waited on him each of the last few off seasons to make up his mind. He retired this year, they moved on. Spending the whole summer setting up your offense around Rogers, who's approach is completely different from Brett's, isn't something that you can just go back on.

So it sucks, but I get it.

What is the best approach?

Bring him on as the back up. When we're off to a 1-3 or 2-2 start (at best) under him, they'll turn to the big dog who will bring us to the promised land.

If Brady didn't have the ridiculous season that he had, Favre would have been the runaway favorite for MVP. Moss wouldn't of had the numbers he had if it wasn't for Brady, so saying he would of had it is obsolete. Brett did a lot with very little, and was the most valuable player in the league. The Packers forget this already?

I'd rather see him retire or back up than in another uniform.

I read the Vikings were interested. My mind can not comprehend such an atrocity.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I was going to finally get to see my idol play for the first time next season, even though I was going to have to drive all the way to Tennesse. Then he retired. So obviously I want him to come back to the Packers. If he wants to retire after that, or if he's a backup, then I'll be more contempt. I just want to see the man play in person, the only person I've ever considered an idol... or even a hero. But if he does go anywhere, which I would HATE to see... I would hope it's carolina. Then I'd get to see him play more than once... but I'd still don my White, Green and Gold at every game!

[edit on 14-7-2008 by DarkHelmet]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler

I read the Vikings were interested. My mind can not comprehend such an atrocity.

Or worse... the Bears... who are certainly in more need of a good QB than Minnesota.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

He retired this year, they moved on.

I'm still not convinced the decision was entirely his. I believe the Packers pushed him in to retirement, or at least pushed him in to making a decision, and he ended up making one he wasn't 100% on.

I have heard that the Packers are kind of backing away from the whole "if he comes back, he'll be Rodgers backup" statement. Which is very good news. Its starting to look like there's still a slight glimmer of hope that he could be the starter for the Packers next year. Lets hope it goes that way.

I think what people need to remember is, all that has happened here is a press conference. No games have been played. No major practices have taken place. No irreparable shift has been made at the QB position. Thats it. Just a press conference. It isn't something monumental that they would have to overcome by putting Favre in instead of Rodgers.

Originally posted by DarkHelmet
Or worse... the Bears... who are certainly in more need of a good QB than Minnesota.

True, but who is more desperate? I think Minnesota is a Favre away from going to the NFC Championship game. They missed the playoffs last year, but they have a pretty good defense and some decent young WR's (certainly nothing any worse than Favre has had in some years past). Not to mention AP.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The fans are rallying behind Favre and gathering outside of Lambeau to protest until he is reinstated as the starter.

Favre at 60% today is better than Rogers at 100%.

Why is this even a decision?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   

The fans are rallying behind Favre and gathering outside of Lambeau to protest until he is reinstated as the starter.

Yeah I saw that. I wish I could be there to help the cause.

I wonder if the protesting will do anything, or if it will mean as much as it does in politics

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
So Mike McCarthy put off the press conference until Tuesday at some time. The meeting lasted at least 3 hours.

Is this a good thing or bad thing, do you think? I guess it could go either way.

Meanwhile, Rodgers looked like crap in the scrimmage.

I predict Favre is the starting QB for the Packers at the start of the season. I don't see a trade happening.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
God, this thread is still alive? :shk: GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Look what the cats dragged in.

What would be the better avatar?

Ahh not too funny but what the hell. Oddly enough I don't mind the Cowboys or Romo.. and I like how Owens has finally become more than a sound bite.

But for the sake of our discussion here, I'll never admit any of this again.

[edit on 6-8-2008 by chissler]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I hate the Cowboys.

Personally, I love that first picture.

I'm upset that Brett Favre is leaving, so I guess I should say...

That's my quarterback!

[edit on 8/6/08 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
He is a jet

:bnghd:

tsn.ca...

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

Thats fine. At least he's not in Green Bay. He's better than that. They don't deserve him.

I hope the best for him and the Jets this season. I don't particularly like the Jets but I'll make an exception this season (and next season?)

Speaking of that, I think he'll play two more years at the most (this year and next). I don't see a third.

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join