It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official Green Bay Packers Fan Thread

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Behold - The Packers Prayer!

"Our Favre,

Who art in Lambeau,

Hallowed be thine arm.

Thy bowl will come,

It will be won.

In Phoenix as it is in Lambeau.

And give us this Sunday,

Our weekly win.

And give us many touchdown passes.

But do not let others pass against us.

Lead us not into frustration,

But deliver us to the valley of the sun.

For thine is the MVP, the best of the NFC,

and the glory of the Cheeseheads,

now and forever.

Go get'em. Amen."

AMEN!

Source:
sports.yahoo.com...

[edit on 1/19/08 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

That brought a tear to thy eye!

We'll worry about how we can win the whole damn thing tomorrow, but we need to take care of business today. A loss today would really be a disappointment. But to think of where we are, and where we were before the season began, I'd of been quite happy to say we would be playing for the NFC championship.

We've got this.

Now we just need to wait all damn day. Agh!

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
As a Packer fan,let me be the first to say LMAO!
I never saw a more deserving team lose in my life.
How do you spell bum? F-A-V-R-E!
The only thing that can now make me happy is Favre retiring!
Im overly sick of his interceptions.
He is done,please god please let Aaron Rodgers play next year.
Hopefully Bye Bye Favre!

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I could list all the things they did wrong, but it'd be a much shorter list of the things they did right...

NOTHING

Absolutely awful. After that performance, they didn't even deserve to be in the Super Bowl.

Defensive backs can't cover anyone.
Linebackers can't tackle.
Defensive line can't get to Manning.
Favre can't complete passes.
Receivers can't get open.
Offensive line can't open any holes for Ryan Grant.

On and on and on and on

Pathetic.

What a sorry display by a "13-3" team.

What Manning was this again?

What Packers team was that? Where was the play calling that allows them to win week after week? Where was the defense? Where was anything?

I can't stand when they change up something that has been working so that they can play conservative and play to not lose, only to have it come back and slap them right in the face.

On another note, I hope the Patriots lay 80 on them. The Giants are a sad team and don't even deserve to be in the playoffs.

Having said that, the Packers got what they deserved.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox
How do you spell bum? F-A-V-R-E!

Are you serious? As a Packers fan, are you that short minded? Granted, Favre didn't have the game of his career tonight, but he's hardly the reason for the loss. The QB is always going to contribute, albeit positive or negative, but this one rests on more than his shoulders.

How about some pass protection? Does anyone know where Ryan Grant is? I haven't seen him once all night. No, that's a lie. He did break for a 10 yard run once, but then left the field.

One thing works for the Packers, simple screen passes and picking up big yards after the reception. I question some of the play calls, and the timing of the short screens. As poor as Grant played, he wasn't given much of an opportunity either.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
As poor as Grant played, he wasn't given much of an opportunity either.

I don't think he played poor. I think he wasn't given the opportunity, as you said, and I also think the offensive line played like #.

Very few running backs can do it with a mediocre offensive line. They didn't give him ANY holes to work with.

It's not all Favre's fault, but he's the leader of the team for a reason. He has to step up and lead them to a win.

The defense deserves most of the blame. I was sitting there during the game, and still am, wondering where this allegedly "one of the best" defensive backfields in the NFL was. I sure as hell didn't see it.

This is on the coaching too. They continued to let that dead weight Al Harris get blown up by Burress without making ANY changes, outside of putting Woodson on him. Yeah, that really worked.:shk:

Everyone is to blame except Mason Crosby and maybe Donald Driver.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Come to think of it,all Favre ever was,was a stats man.
Wow,big deal,he won games,but he only won 1 SuperBowl,and the rest of the big games,he failed.
Even Trent Dilfer and Jeff Hostetler,Doug Wlliams,Mark Rypen won 1 Superbowl.
In the big picture of things,he has had a career of let downs,time and time again.
He also is the record holder for all time interceptions.
Im looking forward to him retiring,and what a fitting way to have it end,on a game ending interception....again.
His time is up.
Hell Jim Kelly could be considered a better QB,he may not have won a SB,but at least he got to 4 in a row,without choking in the AFC championship game.

[edit on 20-1-2008 by Black_Fox]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

It's an emotional loss and a disappointing way to end a good season, but I think you're letting the emotions speak rather than logic.

Favre is one of the greatest QB's of all time. Bottom line.

Just a few weeks ago you said:

Here are my choices for the greatest ever.
1.Dan Marino/Brett Favre

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Let the emotions of it get by before crazy things are said.

[edit on 1/20/08 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Luckily I'm one of those die-hard Packers fans that has a level head... lol

I don't mind that we lost. We were projected to go 2-14 this year, so going to the NFC Championship was like winning the SB to me.

And regardless... Noone is going to beat the Pats in the SB, so it really doesn't phase me much that we lost.

And that last interception in OT was a good look, and a good pass... it was just a little too far to the inside.

Theres plenty of reasons why the loss tonight shouldn't weigh heavily on any of us, even the die-hards.

As stated, we were prohected to finish with only 2-4 wins this year, so making it to the NFC Championship game was almost like winning the Super Bowl for us... especially after the last two seasons. we all knew this season was too good to be true

Our guys are young... They weren't experienced enough to really win in this type of situation. This whole season was a growing experience, and I suspect that we will have just as good a season next year. same goes with McCarthy... he sees what a gameplan can do to a game (Cowboys and Giants). This will only make him better next year

Favre will be back... 'nuff said

ahhh... I had to go pay my tab and forgot what else I was gonna type here... but basically, yea we're all upset we lost... but I think we can all be satisfied with the season our boys gave us.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkHelmet
I don't mind that we lost. We were projected to go 2-14 this year, so going to the NFC Championship was like winning the SB to me.

2-14 and going to the NFC Championship and losing is the same thing. Both = no Super Bowl.

Originally posted by DarkHelmet
Noone is going to beat the Pats in the SB

That's beside the point. I'd rather lose to the Patriots than the Giants. The Giants loss is embarrassing.

It's sad that the two best teams in the NFC lost to the Giants, and the Giants are truly better than neither of them.

As much as it excited me to see the Cowboys go down, the Giants can't match up with either of those two teams skill vs skill.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
the loss was just depressing.
The pack didn't play like they wanted to win. Otherwise they would have. There is no reason the pack lost other than they didn't try.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Not to pour salt on an open wound or anything...

Welcome to my world. Maybe what the 'hawks had last week was contagious?

2-14 is the same as 13-3 and losing in the NFC Championship? Wow, that's some high standards ya got there, lol. Considering that ya'll weren't even expected to make the playoffs, I'd enjoy what you got this year, a rebirth of sorts.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
2-14 is the same as 13-3 and losing in the NFC Championship? Wow, that's some high standards ya got there, lol.

Well, what's the difference between us and the Dolphins? We played a few extra weeks? Big deal. Both teams have the same amount of Super Bowl wins this year.

Moral victories are worth nothing. We can say we won the division, got a first round bye, and had home field advantage in the NFC Championship game, but it all means nothing if you don't take advantage of it and accomplish the one and only goal there is in the NFL: Win the Super Bowl.

Sure, we can say it's a re-birth, possibly. We can be hopeful that this is a sign of things to come and we reel off more division titles and first round byes, but if you don't capitalize on it, if you aren't hungrier than the other team to accomplish something, then what have you really proven?

Like secret titan said, they looked like they didn't want that win at all. They had every opportunity to run away with that game, and they failed on every opportunity. Stupid penalties, stupid turnovers - they just seemed lifeless. And it had nothing to do with the cold either, because it seemed to not bother the Giants all that much.

They played like garbage and got what they deserved. If this is how they're going to capitalize on division titles and first round byes, I'd rather finish in last place in the NFL and get a first round pick until they're ready to do something.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Ok,point taken.
My overly emotionaly charged rant felll on the heels of a very dissapointing effort by the Packers.
I slept on it,and I woke up today still wanting Favre to retire.
He could very well have been the best,but I still want him to go away.
Yes,the Packers losing was more than Favre's fault alone,but the ending was typical Favre.
I want to see this team move on now without him.
Its time to become a different team.
Yes the Packers failed in every aspect last night.
Defense,offense,play calling and effort,but Favre was good ol' Favre in the end.
If you listen closy,you can here that window of opportunity slam shut on him ever winning another SB.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

You're obviously a jump on the bandwagon when things are going well type of fan. The Packers had a great season that didn't end the way you wanted it to, and now all the wins, progress, hope, and excitement they gave you was worthless? The idea that they did not try to win that game by playing as hard as they could is both ridiculous and offensive. They may not have played well, but they certainly played hard.

Please find another team's bandwagon to jump on next year. The Packers do not need your continued support.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Wow...is this what Packer "fans" do now?
Jump off the cliff like a herd of pathetic bandwagon lemmings?

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
Well, what's the difference between us and the Dolphins? We played a few extra weeks? Big deal.

I can't imagine being a sports fan with that attitude.
What a bleak world that would be.

Come on now NOM...you want to know the difference between a Packer fan and a Dolphin fan?

18 weeks of ecstacy. 18 weeks where we got to wake up in the morning and say "can you believe the Pack!?!!"

18 weeks of awe-inspiring "oh I thought we were re-building this year but instead I guess we're one of the best teams in the league."

For those of us who have been bleeding for the Pack since Dickey was airing it out to Lofton and Jefferson...we know how special this year was. Years like this are RARE.

And as for people throwing Favre under the bus and cursing his name...from the bottom of my heart:

Jump on the Patriots bandwagon.
The Packers don't need you.
You make me sick.

If being a sports fan is ONLY about your team winning and your QB being perfect then go buy yourself a crisp clean Tom Brady jersey, grow some inappropriately thick facial hair, and watch "Good Will Hunting" until you can fake a Boston accent good enough to salve your spiraling self-esteem.

But if you jumped up off your coach and screamed your throat sore when Favre threw that underhand first down to Donald Lee last week, then shut your mouth and take the good with the bad. That underhand pass came from the exact same place that those interceptions did...that place where Favre says "this may be a horrible idea but HERE GOES."

I love Favre for that. Always will.
The most exciting football player EVER, good and bad.

Good luck to your Patriots this weekend.
I hope they make your offseason happy.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Not sure if anyone has seen this or not but it made me laugh.

[edit on 21-1-2008 by Daz3d-n-Confus3d]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Essedarius

Good post. I feel exactly the same way. You sir, are, and probably always have been, a Packer fan in good standing. You understand what being a sports fan is supposed to be about.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Might help if I included the video. Sorry about that.

Arg! I have done this before but I can't get it to work. Somebody help me out here please. Here is the url.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Oh poor you,you dont like my opinion on the Packers?
Tough!
Im entitiled to my opinion on the Packers.
I am a fan,but a critical fan at that.
After years and years,im done finding excuses for them.
You can feel free to sugar coat anything you want.
I have spent money on merchandise,attended my share of games.
So I dont need to prove to you what kind of fan I am.
I have every right to be jaded by the Packers today.
And for your off statement that they played hard,is laughable.
Or didnt you notice the joke of play calling yesterday,if not go back and watch again.
Or is it that you think that throwing 3-4 yard passes on 3rd down when 10-15 yards are needed is a good thing?
And it happened 3-4 times yesterday.
IF they had played hard,they would have won.
So again,if you dont like my opinion,thats fine,but I highly doubt your going to be the one to tell me what to think and what to say about a team I support.
But for your efforts,cheers

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join