It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official Green Bay Packers Fan Thread

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by gwhint

Post game meal. Just ovenized it.

The Packers look pretty damn good after spotting them 14.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Musky

What a hell of a forward pass in the final seconds which led to a TD, dont you think, Mr Magic and good luck with your 14 spot, save some Lasagna, and a cold, cold, cold beer, Miller Genuine draft, ok, gwhint

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Woo Hoo!
Green Bay Packers in the NFC Championship game!!!
Go Packers!!

[edit on 12-1-2008 by Black_Fox]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
The Packers played an incredible game today. Other than those two early fumbles, they made few mistakes. Ryan Grant was awesome. He more than made up for that first minute of play. Whichever team winds up playing them in the NFC Championship game ought to be intimidated.

/tn.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I was so pissed off to start that game. I gotta admit, in my head, I was thinking they should take Grant out.

I'm glad I was wrong and I'm glad they didn't. He made up for the two mistakes and was a big part of the win.

Give credit to the O-Line too. They played real good. Of course, they had the help of the slippery turf, but they still gave good protection.

That pass from Favre where he was stumbling was great. It appears there's nothing he can't do.

Great come back in that game. I'm more impressed that they stayed with it and didn't quit, even though it was only the first quarter, than the fact they won by 22.

On to the Championship Game!!

(go Giants!)

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I'm currently at half time of the Jags/Pats game and I genuinely felt that the Packers were going to leave the Seahawks and Alexander on the bench. It didn't happen, and we still won.. which is still a credit to ourselves.. but still, we're taking advantage of a weak game on behalf of the Seahawks and the other NFC winners.

..Time will tell.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by chissler

Yet another Jeckyl and Hyde game from the Seahawks :shk:.

I'm not sure who they were, but they sure as hell aren't the ones who beat Washington last week.

Oh well, congrats to Green Bay, they played just about a perfect game, and we didn't, the results are on the board. Without a doubt the better team won today...darn it all to heck.

Bret Farve, what can you say except

Go Giants...

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Very gracious post, Seagull. The Seahawks have class, I'll give you that. I think they are a reflection of their coach. Though he can be a real sourpuss at times, he always has been a classy guy. I enjoyed the shots of him talking to Favre before the game. You can tell there is some real respect being shared from seeing that conversation take place. There is no reason whatsoever for Holmgren to seek Favre out before that games was played and wish him luck. I'm sure he did it to congratulate his one time protege for his record breaking season. Very cool, IMHO. I'm sure, however, that he ended this conversation with a good luck, now we're going to come after you.

That game could have easily gotten out of hand considering how it progressed, and the level of frustration the Seahawks had to be feeling, but they just kept playing with class.

Contrast that with how Bill Belicheck looks when he shakes hands after a game. The guy's a complete dick. Pull for the Pack, I would love to see McCarthy, Favre, and the rest of the boys get a crack at Patriots in the big one.

Edit for typos, posted before previewing.

[edit on 13-1-2008 by Musky]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Musky

Thank you, indeed, sir.

Coach Holmgren is a volcano during the game, but he seems to have the ability to leave it on the field after the game ends.

GreenBay handed us our heads yesterday. Wish it could have been otherwise, but oh well...

The Packers are the only team left that I like, other than Indianapolis. For exactly the same reason...both are classy organizations, with great players at quarterback. Ideally, it'll be an Indy/GreenBay superbowl. But after what I saw from New England yesterday...I'm not as sure as I might otherwise be...

Good luck to the Packers and to the Colts. Go Giants (ick, I can't believe I typed that without throwing up.). Hatred for certain Dallas football teams can make one say almost anything, lol.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Giants at Packers baby!

I can't wait until next Sunday!!

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
You can be sure of one thing next Sunday. In the stands at Lambeau Field it will be Cheeseheads on Parade. That is going to be one wild venue.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Think the Giants like Packer weather?

The Frozen Tundra

Oh we'll play at home, where the Cowboys don't roam,
and the Cheeseheads will be drinking all day.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
At least with the Cowboys and Colts losing, I won't have to listen to the talking head, Sean Salisbury in particular, prattle on about the bad Seahawks.

Go Packers...

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Go Packers...

Well, I have to say - props to you. You're much more under control than I would be. I would be a huge Giants fan right now had the Seahawks won that game.

If the Cowboys had won and Seahawks had won.....

I don't know if I could survive that. I can't cheer for the Cowboys and I'm not capable of cheering for a team that just knocked my team out.

So props to you, my friend

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Good luck against the Giants.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

That's only because you weren't in my living room...on a number of occasions I went beserk.

Number of occasions the dogs fled the room. Poor little guys, lol.

We Seahawk fans are used to this sort of meltdown...not on this scale, but anyway...

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Yet another Jeckyl and Hyde game from the Seahawks :shk:.

I'm not sure who they were, but they sure as hell aren't the ones who beat Washington last week.

Quite honestly, watching the game, I couldn't help but think that weather was part of the issue.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

The weather was the same for both teams. Passes in the hands were dropped...a sure pick dropped...our all pros none factors...Packers ran for over 200 yds., we ran for less than 200 yards (a lot less).

Naaah...the Packers were just better.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

The weather was the same for both teams.

Yeah, but how often does Seattle play in the snow?
Honestly, I think the Packers probably would have won the game regardless, but I also think if you take the weather factor out of the equation, it's a different ballgame all together.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

That's the risk you run when you mail it in against Atlanta, Carolina, New Orleans, and Pittsburgh...

We win those, and Green Bays weather isn't a factor at all. New York would be coming to Quest. But, hey, we didn't and paid the price...When minicamp starts, one of the so called leaders needs to kick some ass in the locker room...Hasselbach or whomever. It can't be the coach, it's got to be a player...

Draft coming up, always fun...

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join