It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official Green Bay Packers Fan Thread

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

I knew that would come at any point. "I have to wonder if they should even be in the playoffs". Classic.

See, the difference between real fans and Cowboy fans is that real fans can criticize their team when they play like crap and can accept defeat. Cowboy fans, on the other hand, are nowhere to be found unless their team does something special, i.e. big win, division title win, securing homefield etc. Good luck finding Cowboy fans after a loss, and even more luck hearing a Cowboy fan criticizing their team.

Now, some Cowboy fans do criticize their team, but the problem with Cowboy fans is that criticism goes away after another win. It's like it didn't even happen, and they won't even acknowledge it. That's a sign of pure arrogance, and ignorance.

So which kind of fan are you? Are you a real fan? Or are you just a Cowboys cheerleader? From what I've seen of you, you're just a cheerleader.

I say that because your 7 point win over the 2-6 at home Carolina Panthers seemed to make you forget about how #ty you played against Philadelphia, and made your 1 point win over the DETROIT LIONS with 18 seconds left in the game, distant history that you don't even acknowledge.

So if you really want me to bring up your 1 point wins over Buffalo and Detroit, your loss to Philadelphia, or any of the other games where your team played like crap, then I will and we can start to question whether Dallas should be in the playoffs or not.

Otherwise, stop being ignorant and making stupid statements like that.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Good win today. It didn't seem like they had to put up much of an effort. Then again, it's Detroit.

On to the playoffs!

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
I have to wonder if they should even be in the playoffs.

Do my eyes deceive or do they not have similar 13-3 records?

The Cowboys beat us earlier in the season when we were beat up. Had we been healthy, I think it would of been a tougher game. Not sure if we would of come out on top, but it would of been a tougher game.

I am biased towards the Packers, but I do try to look at issues from a neutral perspective. And I'm left scratching my head when I think of how you make some of these statements towards this year's team. Are they a Superbowl favorite? No. Are they a candidate? Yeah, they are.

Going back to the end of last year, we've won 17 of our last 20 games.

Win or lose in the playoffs, that deserves some respect.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Seattle, Seattle, Seattle.....

I wonder if Hasselbeck will want the ball so they can score?

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
This is classic

Javon Walker dropped the first bomb of the Broncos' offseason this morning.

In a rambling briefing with the press, Walker essentially said he no longer wants to be with the Broncos.

"It's not for Javon," Walker said. "It's not for me."

Walker bounced and back and forth and said that he'll do whatever the Broncos decide but he concluded by saying that being here is not for him.

Walker even suggested a return to Green Bay. The Broncos acquired him from the Packers in April 2006 for a second-round draft choice.

Walker was unhappy with the Packers when he was dealt.

Oh, NOW he wants to play for Green Bay...

Hold on. It gets better... (from 2006)

"Obviously, we have a chance to be a Super Bowl team. Obviously, they have a chance to win four games.

It just made me happy to know I'm here and not dealing with that anymore. This is a winning organization, and I'm better off here."

Obviously, we're in the playoffs after a 13-3 record and a first round bye. Obviously, we have a chance to win the Super Bowl.

Obviously your team went 7-9 and is sitting on the couch watching the playoffs from home.

I tell ya, that's just awesome. I love it when these assholes leave town running their mouths only to have it completely backfire on them.

I hope the Broncos drop him and his career is over. Either that or he ends up on the Falcons or Lions. Same thing.

The Packers better not go after him.

www.denverpost.com...
blog.sportscolumn.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi

The Packers better not go after him.

THAT, my referee hating young friend, is something you will not have to worry about. I can't imagine they would even consider it. When the whole Walker thing went down in Green Bay, I thought they handled that somewhat poorly. Turns out he IS an enormous ass. I'll take our young "team comes first" guys.

I think Saturday is going to be one hell of a contest. I was really impressed with Seattle's pass rush against Washington. Patrick Kearney is Seattle's Kampman. A real motor on that guy.

The Packer offense needs to make sure they come out an get in rhythm. They made it look easy against the Lions a couple weeks ago. This is going to be a bit tougher.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Musky
I'll take our young "team comes first" guys.

That's what I love about the guys they got. None of them complain (or at least, we don't hear about it). They just go out and play.

I can't stand the guys who are "me, me, me" and complain about contracts and all of that.

But I'm glad to see that it backfired on him.

Patrick Kearney is Seattle's Kampman. A real motor on that guy.

Yeah, he's definitely a good end. Fortunately we have a QB that gets rid of the ball quick and doesn't take a lot of sacks (only 15 this year). We got pretty good tackles too in Taushcer and Clifton. Hopefully that'll be enough to counter his pass rush.

The Packer offense needs to make sure they come out an get in rhythm.

I think that's been a problem this year. The offense starts slow in the first quarter, but then picks it up later. Hopefully they don't make too many mistakes against a pretty good defense before they can get in rhythm.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

ATTENTION ALL CHEESEHEADS!

I direct your attention to the link below...

GREEN BAY, Wis. - Brett Favre is leaning toward returning for another season with the Green Bay Packers, according to comments he made to his hometown newspaper. In a story in posted on the website of the Biloxi (Miss.) Sun-Herald on Thursday, Favre said he isn't approaching Saturday's playoff game against Seattle like it will be his final game in Green Bay. He seemed more optimistic than in years past about returning.

"For the first time in three years, I haven't thought this could be my last game," Favre told the newspaper. "I would like to continue longer."

tsn.ca...

This doesn't come as a huge surprise, but I'm glad to see him come out and confirm it, even in a roundabout way. It's going to be a sad day when he speaks that dreaded word, retirement.. but it's another year away it would appear.

I think Duracell should adopt a new marketing approach to their product. Just plaster a picture of Favre on their package.

[edit on 10-1-2008 by chissler]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

That is good news. I'd like him to come back (obviously).

But if they win the Super Bowl...I'm not so sure I want him to come back....

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Oh,God!!!! Not another year!! :shk: Well, he probably will have to play another year if he expects to play in another Super Bowl. He certainly isn't going to do it this year.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Don't forget about Seattle's other DE, Darryl Tapp...concentrate on Kearney too much and Tapp'll get you...

...and of course, Hasselbach wants the ball...all good QB's do. I really wish that people would stop saying that his saying "we want the ball and we're going to score." was such a bad thing. It shows fire, and confidence. If the reciever hadn't run an 8 yard pattern, instead of the 5 yard pattern called, and the DB hadn't made a great play, the Seahawks might have won that game...don't forget Hasselbach had a great day that cold January day, over 300 yds, if memory serves...

Two very good teams are playing. Best of luck to both, more to Seattle of course.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Don't forget about Seattle's other DE, Darryl Tapp...concentrate on Kearney too much and Tapp'll get you...

Favre still gets rid of the ball quick and still has good tackles.

It doesn't necessarily matter who is on the outside ends if Favre is getting rid of it before they can get there.

I realize that probably won't happen every single play, but there's a reason that he took the second least amount of sacks among consistent starting QB's this year. (Derek Anderson was first)

Originally posted by seagull
his saying "we want the ball and we're going to score." was such a bad thing. It shows fire, and confidence.

It showed un-needed arrogance. It was ill-timed if you ask me. And saying it in to the ref's mic? Say it on your sideline or something. Don't say it in the face of another NFL team.

[edit on 1/11/08 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Today's an interesting day. I'm pretty nervous about this little Packers/Seahawks contest. When the season started, there were few, hell there were no, Packers fans who would have a predicted a 13-3 regular season. It's made watching the games different than earlier successful campaigns.

I have been a Packers fan for about 40 years, and can vaguely remember watching the Ice and first Super Bowls at six and seven years old. As those familiar and loyal to the Packers well know, what followed those triumphs was close to three decades of disappointment interlaced with several seasons of faint hope. The dismay and heartache caused by the futility displayed through the coaching regimes of Dan Devine, Bart Starr, Forest Gregg, and Lindy Infante, were only exacerbated by the connection of the middle two to the glories of the Lombardi years. It seemed the Packers would never get it right.

Then Bob Harlan took over as team president. His hire of Ron Wolf begat for the franchise the likes of Mike Holmgren, Reggie White, Sean Jones, Santana Dotson, Dorsey Levens, Robert Brooks, Antonio Freeman, and a long list of exciting and competent players. Early in his tenure, Wolf also traded a first round draft pick for a little known, strong armed, hard partying quarterback from Mississipi who in his first year in the league as an Atlanta Falcon completed all four of his regular season pass attempts; two to his own receivers, two to the opponents. That turned out to be one of the greatest trades in the history of sports.

The Packers steadily improved until success and high expectations became the norm. By their first Super Bowl appearance, the Packeraina and cheeseheads were nationally known novelties. Their fans half filled the stadiums of their opponents on a weekly basis. Though only one Super Bowl victory resulted, they won games at a rate that few others teams did through the 1990's, and into the 2000's. Success was a given, and they had the most exciting player in the league. Good times indeed.

Of course in sports things change. Holmgren went to coach elsewhere, Ron Wolf retired, Mike Sherman could not handle all the duties bestowed on him, Favre's interceptions were more discussed than his TD passes; the team's performance suffered. Expectations for success became less pronounced.

The success the team is now experiencing under Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy has not completely sunk in for me. Each week I find myself not quite believing what I'm seeing. Is Thompson as competent as Wolf? Does McCarthy prepare and lead as well as Holmgren? Did Favre at 38 just have one of, if not his best, season ever? Is Aaron Kampman really sacking quarterbacks at a rate similar to Reggie White? Are Donald Driver and Greg Jennings really as good or better than Freeman and Brooks? Is that hard nosed running back with the number 25 on his back as good as Dorsey Levens? Are those high round draft picks on the offensive line really as good as Winters, Timmerman, and company? Are Harris and Woodson better than Evans and Newsome? Did they just go 13-3?

Weird as it sounds, it's hard to answer no to any of those questions. Will it continue? Favre has all but said he'll be back next year. The roster is full of youngsters that should only get better with more experience. The Packers appear to have the front office, the coaching, the youth, and the salary cap room to remain very successful for the forseeable future given solid quarterbacking.

I just need them to win today for me to really believe. One and out would be very disappointing.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Musky

Here Here Musky, I as well have been a Packers fan for what seems most of my life and it all started with Vince Lombardi, what a great coach.
I have been in another world for years now but just returned and hope to get back to reality and Green Bay is at the top of the list.
Go Packers.
gwhint

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by gwhint

Let's hope Mike Holmgren and the Seattle Seahawks get a real dose of Packer/Lambeau Field/Brett Favre reality today.

Time to head to the grocery store. I am going to make about a ten pound pan of Lasagna. Every time I've made a huge batch of comfort food this year they have won. Except in Dallas.

Enjoy the game, gwhint.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
If there's a team in the league that can give the Packers all they want, it's my boys from the northwest.

It's gonna be fun. Hopefully the Seahawks win...if not, there's always next year. Given how we were doing at the halfway point (phew), I'm glad we made the playoffs, muchless the second round.

Mirror images playing each other, it's gonna be fun...enjoy it, alla ya...

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I was impressed with the Seattle's pass rush last week against Washington. Favre is going to have to have good protection and get rid of the ball quickly.

I also think the Packers need to pressure Hasselback. Woodson and Harris should clamp down on the Seattle receivers, and with a good rush, I think he throws a couple picks.

I really think the team that wins this one puts the most pressure on the QB.

It is going to be a good one. No doubt Holmgren is bringing his boys in ready.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Showtime! I'm as excited as a little girl.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
What a crazy game! Bigby is laying some serious wood.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Musky

Hows the Lasagna, any heartburn yet, glad they came back strong, so I can only imagine your nerves, Go Green Bay, gwhint

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join