It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In His Own Words - Bush On Saddam's WMD

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
i'm not touching this one anymore, for fear I go off on another tangent.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
deny ignorance, cognitive dissonance, deny ignorance - only one stressed syllable away from having symetrical pentameters as the new ATS mantra!

Medic - keep up that P.O.V. & you'll make mod in no time!

So many pearls of wisdom, it boggles the mind. To argue the point that Iraq is "better off now" is beyond cognitive dissonance....it borders on dementia. Modify & say that Iraq is better off now for America, and you'd make a half stride towards a legitimate point.
I'd love to see the strategy decision schematic on how we are going to go after Robert Mugabe, Kim Jong or Teodoro Obiang of Guinea - ( Don't know about Obiang? Look him up and THEN LOOK UP HOW GW BUSH received him at the WHite House in 2002!!!!) - they are all worse than Saddam and are carrying out those aforementioned atrocities ascribed to the Iraq regime, to this day.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Why is this thread still active? haven't ya'll figured out yet, that your not going to convince us that the war was unjustified, and we're obviously not gonna convince you it was. Your not gonna make us believe that Iraq is worse off, and we're not gonna make you believe it is better. I mean let it go. All you have is the media and your opinions. I have what i see first hand, being as i'm actually here, and my opinions. So let it go. This is going nowhere. we're all justrambling on like a buncha kids in highschool. Though i suspect some of you are....

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr
Yep. We gave him tons of weapons to use on Iran, because we didn't like them. Then, after he uses them, we make it out as if he's a monster? Hmmmm...not sure who's more of a monster, really.

You make it sound as if it is a kindergarten playground disagreement, as if you do not fully understand the issues of the time, nor the threat we were under during the days of the Cold War. Your confusion about who is the real monster has all the earmarkings of a self-depreciating Westerner who doesn't understand the complexities of what it took to protect and defend the West. I would imagine you only have to ask those who were trapped on the other side of the Iron Curtain to get a better understanding, and ask those who lost familiy members to prisons, chemicals and plastic shredders and they'll help you understand who is the monster.
I assure you, things were done, tin-horn state leaders were supported during the Cold War in order to stop a bigger global threat, and even then, the ones making difficult decisions knew that some of those decisions would later create other problems. But if your house is on fire, you do not chastise the firemen for any water damage done to your unburned property.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I ASSURE you these Cretons would MOST DEFINATELY bitch the firemen out for getting their unburned property wet!

What we have on this thread is the ATS equivilent of Al Qeida. The biggest Anti-American, anti logic, hug a terrorist MOOLIES on the planet!

There is no saving some and others aren't worth spitting on if they were on fire. What's a Patriot to do?

They couch their diatribe behind a facade of love for America (the disingenuous ones do) that is as transparent as the whole liberal/conservative debate.

They have bought the story Du Jour and the politicos are laughing their collective asses off at them.

PEACE...
m...

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
I ASSURE you these Cretons would MOST DEFINATELY bitch the firemen out for getting their unburned property wet!

What we have on this thread is the ATS equivilent of Al Qeida. The biggest Anti-American, anti logic, hug a terrorist MOOLIES on the planet!

There is no saving some and others aren't worth spitting on if they were on fire. What's a Patriot to do?

They couch their diatribe behind a facade of love for America (the disingenuous ones do) that is as transparent as the whole liberal/conservative debate.

They have bought the story Du Jour and the politicos are laughing their collective asses off at them.

PEACE...
m...

NO OFFENCE Springer, but why is it that anyone who is against the war and Bush's policies considered "Al Qaeda" to you? You seem to reflect the very judgemental thoughts that many americans fear. If you speak against the norm, you will be prosecuted.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Remember, we're either with Bush, or we're with the terrorists...

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek

Originally posted by THENEO
Somebody has to be on top, what is wrong with that?

As long as it isn't some commie empire I have no problem.

Oh yes, God save us from those commie empires!

Really though...there is a difference between being on top, and being on top whilst pushing other countries around...look at Russia's nuclear test-run...they are not going to be pushed around. Many many countries and people are pissed off and feel threatened.

What Russia never pushed anyone around? Just ask the baltics, Finland, East Block countries, China and a host of others.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
What Russia never pushed anyone around? Just ask the baltics, Finland, East Block countries, China and a host of others.

It's not just Russia...everyone is pissed off. And there's no denying many other countries who have bullied around other countries, but right now it is the US doing it on a more global scale.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by medic
An apology i might understand, but the Iraqis, believe it or not, are doing better now than when saddam was in power, and no they don't look at us as invaders. I mean show me a link, back that one up.

They don't look at us as invaders??? Get your head out of your ass and smell the coffee. The country is very unstable thanks to us. But there is no way we can leave now because the country will go into civil war. Even if they hold elections tommrow we will still have to be there for at least another 10 years. Do you remember Vietnam???? How long were we there??? Nuff said

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Because people experiencing cognitive dissonance have to lie and rationalize in order to shelter themselves from facts. It is more comfortable if it fits with their core values in some way to sacrifice truth for a pre-packaged litany about freedom and removal of tyrants and making the US a safer place as if Iraq was some threat.

The liars know it's lying, but they still have to do that, it's a weakness of human nature.

There is an interesting cross-section of strugglers like that at ATS. Some are curable and some are still at the pathetic stage.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Great reply MA.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTruth

Originally posted by medic
An apology i might understand, but the Iraqis, believe it or not, are doing better now than when saddam was in power, and no they don't look at us as invaders. I mean show me a link, back that one up.

They don't look at us as invaders??? Get your head out of your ass and smell the coffee. The country is very unstable thanks to us. But there is no way we can leave now because the country will go into civil war. Even if they hold elections tommrow we will still have to be there for at least another 10 years. Do you remember Vietnam???? How long were we there??? Nuff said

Vietnam and Iraq do not compare.
Did anyone say we would be in and out in a matter of months?
If this be a concern, you should be very ill with the scene in Bosnia.
Interesting, though, that you know we will have to be in Iraq for another 10 years.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Did anyone say we would be in and out in a matter of months?

Did not Bush say it would be as long as it takes, and not a day longer?

At the time it sounded like a short time....

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join