It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

very large frequencies normal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
last night when i had my boninc seti screensaver running, i noticed my pc started to lagg. so i looked up at what would normally be very thin lines in the frequency part of the screen saver were actually very wide and very tall boxes.

anyone that runs seti regularly know if this is normal? or could this be some type of solar flare, or other abnormal thing

normaly the lines are like this

| | | | | | | | | |

but that night they were like this

|____| |_______| |_______|

i wish i would have taken a screen shot, but that might have taken me out of the screen saver part.

also the frequency was from febuary 23 2007.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I don't run the software, could you link up what the screen normally looks like?

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
this is what it normally looks like.

sorry for such a big image.

but see how all the spires are thin and long. thats how it normaly looks like

thin spires |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||||

well that one night they were huge and scaling off the right edge of the screen saver

|__________| |___________________| |__________| |_______________|

each bar was about that big compared to the normal tiny spires

if i catch it that huge again i can pull off a screen shot by hitting print screen and pasting it into paint. but if i accidently hit the mouse it takes the screen saver down.

[edit on 11/17/2007 by wrayth]

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by wrayth

Wrayth, that's trippy. Kind of cool too, anyway, in the middle area, the green area -- that's where it was maxing out? Hmm, maybe in Feb., there was attempted contact.

Isn't there an ATS@Seti team around here? Thoughts about this post? Seems like all-things SETI doesn't get enough attention around ATS.

...on the edit: Wrayth, your |___| description -- that means the length of the area for measurement, not just the area I asked about in the green middle?

Amazing, maybe solar flares? They're supposed to start up 2008-2012, but a year early?

[edit on 17-11-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
i get it all the time on mine if your running a few programs some times it will lag and the graphics get distorted

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by justanothergangster

But seems like the OP has nothing running when that happened, I don't know, I think the numerous mentions of "screen saver" led me to believe that was the only thing running...

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
yeah but mine only does that on the screensaver idonno im just saying it happens alot alot on mine. and it can happen just because of BOINC it takes up loads of computing power. its either that or were all getting alien signals. however if you were going to go by the wow signal. the spikes dwarf if theres a spike like there would be lots of tiny spikes and then one row of really larges spikes.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   

that is what i meant by large frequencies. as you can see slightly its going over the edge of the scale. I was able to capture this by getting lucky hitting print screen when i saw it get like this again.

new topics

top topics

join