It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would we do if Aliens threatened to blow up our sun?!?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Well, they would not do anything to harm the planet. It is very hard to find a planet out there with full oceans, plant and animal life. If anything they would wipe us out with a virus that only effected humans, if they are an advanced species I would suppose this would not be difficult for them to accomplish. All they would need to do is abduct a few lab rats . . .er . .uh . .. I mean humans, as well as some other species to run experiments on to see what does and does not effect us and then they would have their wepon. It might take some time to perfect, but if they are realy loking to get rid of us then I am sure they would take the time to do it right.

Of course they would have to find our tiny little spec of a planet first.

< - - Edited for one spelling error I found. - - >

[edit on 2/13/2009 by AlienCarnage]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
What do you think we could do if some alien species threatened to blow up our sun? Obviously if they could blow up our sun, their technology would surpass ours. We would probably have to pander to their demands as we could not stop them if they wanted to take us over.

I would give 'em the bird right before they blast me away from this life. If they do blow the sun then we all would probably die a quick and painless death.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienCarnage
Well, they would not do anything to harm the planet. It is very hard to find a planet out there with full oceans, plant and animal life. If anything they would wipe us out with a virus that only effected humans, if they are an advanced species I would suppose this would not be difficult for them to accomplish. All they would need to do is abduct a few lab rats . . .er . .uh . .. I mean humans, as well as some other species to run experiments on to see what does and does not effect us and then they would have their wepon. It might take some time to perfect, but if they are realy loking to get rid of us then I am sure they would take the time to do it right.

Of course they would have to find our tiny little spec of a planet first.

< - - Edited for one spelling error I found. - - >

[edit on 2/13/2009 by AlienCarnage]

How do you know that? We can't even see planets that small outside of our solar system. For all we know, there's two or three around every mainline star.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mdiinican

How do you know that? We can't even see planets that small outside of our solar system. For all we know, there's two or three around every mainline star.

Do you even do research before making a statement? Research shows that mainly what is out there are gas giants. So far in all of the searching there is only 1 other world that might and I repeat might be similar to earth. Which, even though our technologuy may be limited, is a pretty good indication that worlds like Earth are very rare. I am not saying they don't exist, just that they are very rare.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
do whatever they want unless they want to kill us or touch us, or something weird then fight to the death

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
If it were possible and they decided to blow up the sun, there would only be one thing we could do. Die.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

Well since your thread is out there....

Id give them a quantum torpedo in the face or wipe their sunscreen off, they would soon burn to a crisp.

Or I suppose id sabotage their ship with some of my methane in turn exploding there ship when they reach proximity with the sun.

This is one of the most bizarre threads ive ever came across hence my answers

[edit on 17-2-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Since only true renegades would suggest such a thing, and they're probably related to our leaders, I'd take it as a sure sign that now was time to dethrone all of them and get our house of cards in order quickly.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienCarnage

Do you even do research before making a statement? Research shows that mainly what is out there are gas giants. So far in all of the searching there is only 1 other world that might and I repeat might be similar to earth. Which, even though our technologuy may be limited, is a pretty good indication that worlds like Earth are very rare. I am not saying they don't exist, just that they are very rare.

You do your research. We are only CAPABLE of detecting planets massive enough and close enough to stars to cause a noticeable wobble in the movement of the star they're orbiting. We would not be able to see any planets in a duplicate of our solar system, not even Jupiter. It would stand to reason that if we can only see gas giants, gas giants are the only kind of planet we see.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by dionysius9
I think blowing up the sun would be a tough thing to do. The sun is, in essence, an ongoing explosion anyway.

They can make it implode though. Novas/Supernovas are a classic example of an implosion.

Ofc, there's a way to buy us a little time. I'm sure people aren't that easily fooled. I'd say, we won't comply until they convince us they are capable of doing so. Let them destroy an uninhabited star first for all to see.

The nearest star is around 4 Light years away. It will take four years to witness the explosion even if they got there instantly via warp drives. Four years to do something about it, maybe some covert ops, steal one of their ships, go to their homeworld and do the same thing
They've made known their intentions. The human version would be that their star system be destroyed without warning. Any civilization/species who can perform such act on innocent, weaker species, deserve nothing more than extinction!

[edit on 17-2-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
call thier bluff - if they do ACTUALLY have the power to destroy sol , they can force almost anything they want upon us ,

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   

You do your research. We are only CAPABLE of detecting planets massive enough and close enough to stars to cause a noticeable wobble in the movement of the star they're orbiting. We would not be able to see any planets in a duplicate of our solar system, not even Jupiter. It would stand to reason that if we can only see gas giants, gas giants are the only kind of planet we see.

Tht is not neccesarily true. Unfortunately our technology is still very limited to know for sure, but we can't assume that there are other planets in these systems just because our own system was formed this way. In my research they have been able to see smaller objects other han the gas giants, but later determined they were not planets, just large space debris. So if we are able to detect this smaller space debris one would have to at least consider the possibility that we would be able to see smaller planets in the same systems as these gas giants if there were any to be seen.

It is all speculation of course, until our interplanetary star crusers start ariving at our local vehicle dealers for purchase.

< - - - Edited For some spelling errors I found. - - - >

[edit on 2/18/2009 by AlienCarnage]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Why would an advanced race be the slightest bit concerned with little 'ol man that they would have to threaten to blow up the sun? What do we have on them? Are we going to out them to their galactic superiors?

Maybe we could tell them, "Oh yeah? We decide our own fate and you won't kill us, we'll kill each other ourselves!"

Oh, forgot, we do that already...

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

This is one of the most bizarre threads ive ever came across hence my answers

[edit on 17-2-2009 by XXXN3O]

Well, I'm not really sure what i was on when I wrote this thread.. but it is hypothetical.. what if they could do something that would effect the earth from space. Not nessicarily blow up the sun (i should have said freeze the sun) but do something that would be COMPLETELY out of our control. Then, what do you think that the TPTB could really do?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
What would TPTB do?

Pay their $700 billion ransom

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join