It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would we do if Aliens threatened to blow up our sun?!?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I know this thread title sounds ridiculous, but i pride myself on my ridiculous theories!

IF you really want to get a grasp of how helpless we are to an attack by an intelligent race of beings that can zip around our solar system in their fancy UFOS, just think about the possibilities of how they can do harm to us.

Many people believe that an Alien attack would happen on Earth. Why? There are plenty of ways they can attack us from space... and there is NOTHING we can do about it. If they attacked our Sun or our Moon, we could do nothing but watch them (and we can't even really do that, unless its from a space station).

So, how do you feel about your precious Sun now!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I think blowing up the sun would be a tough thing to do. The sun is, in essence, an ongoing explosion anyway.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
This is completely rediculous. Other species have invested too much in themselves and our species. There is no way that they would rid of a major heat and solar source.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Awww Hikix, I'm not gonna mock your inquiry, but, I find myself thinking of a two-word answer.

Bundle
Up

That's all I got,

Cuhail

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I don't think they would do anything, why would they, we are doing fine by our selves.
If these other races are visiting us I think they would say these primates won't be around much longer, a few hundred more earth years or so. Life times to us, but I would guess a drop in the bucket to advanced entities.
Or I suppose if they want us out by the end of the month a nice virus would do too and they could have the planet. The sun will still be intact for all the peaceful races and the planet of the Apes is now a holiday planet

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
STOP LAUGHING AT ME!!! STOP IT!!

I'm just kidding, ok the sun being blown up IS kindof ridiculous, but what i was really trying to convey ( and not so well) is that aliens could do something to space which effects the earth, and there is nothing humans can do about it because we are so lost when it comes to space.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Why would they want to destroy us? The get free UFC to watch with guns and nukes.

Sure they have the expense of a few light years travel, but I’m sure they can write it off, or just use their free energy machine.

But seriously, I don’t think it’s a possibility. And if it is, and they want to do it, then there isn’t much we can do.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeuceCyrenne
Why would they want to destroy us? The get free UFC to watch with guns and nukes.

Yeah if I was an alien, I'd leave humans alone just for the pure entertainment provided

I mean, we fight about EVERYTHING. Surely it's entertaining to some out there.

Was it a South Park episode where we humans are just a reality show to aliens? I think it was South Park. I'm not completely sure though.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
We would die. Badly.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16-7-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I wouldn't be able to do a dam thing!

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
the only thing we could do is ask them nicely to not blow up our sun. I doubt we could do anything else to prevent them from doing so.

Personally I don't think any alien race good or bad would want to blow up any star.

who knows maybe it's common practice in the galaxy to do so and then harvest the elements afterwards to build things. but I think that there would be a lot of evidence of stars blowing up for no reason other than from natural phenomina.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
yeah I think aliens have not contacted humans in mass because we are the yokles and white trash of the galaxy right now. Not making a racist comment. I mean white trash to describe the behavior they are watching.

They probably have a rule like, don't make eye contact with those humans cause then you have to talk to them.

maybe the greys re just as paralyzed when they look into our eyes like.
"crap it just made eye contact!!! now what do I do. zeegorg!!! I just made eye contact with one of them humans. I think it wants to communicate!!!! heeeeelp get the saucer and chewbacka so we can get the hell out of here!!!!!!!!!!"

Zeegorg?1? whats taking so long, get me out of here. !!!!!!

what!!!! what do you mean the ships capacitors aren't turning the gravity drive over? It won't start!!!! crap!!!! well use the beam transported then. i don't care just get me out of here!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I honestly think the only thing i would do is just sit in my room, shotgun in one hand, a bunch of food and drink somewhere in the room, and a big fat blunt in my other hand...just smoking til the end.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
What if and what when and what since and what all the rest...
Don t you think its about time you started thinking down to earth?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
We would deploy the stealth nukes and blow them into little alien pieces the fools underestimated us.

No alien is a match for man and if they dare come into our solar system we should nuke them just on principle.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I think we would do whatever they wanted us to do to stop them doing it.

i hope it involved tentacles

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
if aliens wanted to kill us, they'd do it the same way we would if we wanted to kill them: Launch a space vehicle massing a few hundred or thousand tons, get it up to a fair fraction of the speed of light, and knock a continent or two off of the target planet.

It's easy, and doesn't even require FTL travel or going to visit the people you're going to blow up. You just build the missile, launch it, and wait with satisfaction knowing that it's just a matter of decades before your target is obliterated. Get it going fast enough, and they won't even be able to see it coming fast enough to do anything about it. If most of it's acceleration is done light years away, we'd never see it launch, and it would take a fair stroke of luck to see it with an IR telescope before it hits. Not that it would help.

To be extra sure, they'd send two or three, timed to hit at different times of the day to ensure good coverage.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
STOP LAUGHING AT ME!!! STOP IT!!

I'm just kidding, ok the sun being blown up IS kindof ridiculous, but what i was really trying to convey ( and not so well) is that aliens could do something to space which effects the earth, and there is nothing humans can do about it because we are so lost when it comes to space.

if they have that kind of power, i would make a cocktail and sit outside for the next 3 minutes and watch the blast wave coming toward us.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
WE would freeze to death not to mention the gravitational pull that would affect us but your kind of missing the point as the sun is basically just one huge hydrogen bomb a constant nuclear reaction so the power needed to blow up our sun would be well any mathematicians out there want to crack this one?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join