It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US unleashes six bloggers in assault on Islamist propaganda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
The genetically engineered race called humans will not wake up until their electricity and water are shut off and martial law is being enforced and there is no food to eat and they are hungry and cold and dieing, so as Indigo sent here to notify the humans of the coming events I will continue to post these puzzle pieces hoping it will reverse some of the programming of the organic computers AKA humans.

US unleashes six bloggers in assault on Islamist propaganda

The US government is turning to blogs and possibly to the virtual wasteland known as Second Life to step up its faltering information war against Islamist extremists. But critics remain unimpressed, saying the measures aren't enough to counter a massive internet campaign that spreads pro-terrorist messages to people in Islamic countries.

www.theregister.co.uk...

mod edit: edited title

[edit on 16-11-2007 by chissler]

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
why is ATS in the title of this thread, is it in hopes it will rank high in the search engines. So Mr. Indigo why don't you just spell it out, because apparently we, well me, don't get your puzzle pieces. What are these coming events? educate me, enlighten us please.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Interesting linked article.

The title of the thread aside, is this an actual admission of disinfo agents being used by the USGov?

Also, K-illuminati, what do you mean by your comments?

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Is it just me, or is the landscape becoming littered with the flotsom and jetsom of a strange sea? What tide brings these strange and assorted forms to our shore?

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I have yet to see a pro-terrorist message on any site I visit.

What I do see, however, are anti-corruption messages, and exposés of government, political, military, and banking institutions.

OOOOOooooohhh, that upsets the powers-that-be. They can't control every message we receive!

What bad little critters we are. How dare we figure out their schemes...

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Yea this was started by Rummy but they claimed they closed it down in 2002. Apparently it was not closed down more like letting the heat blow over.

Snip
The New York Times reported that the office, headed by Air Force Brig. Gen. Simon P. Worden, had begun circulating classified proposals calling for using the Internet and clandestine operations to spread such disinformation.

Rumsfeld said the Pentagon has not spread lies and would never do so in the future. President Bush pledged on Monday that "we'll tell the American people the truth."
www.cbsnews.com...

that last paragraph makes me laugh if they didn't, why would they say they wouldn't do it in the future.

Information Operations Roadmap
The Department of Defense in the United States has developed a strategy for waging war through information, offensive network attacks, and multi-media campaigns.
Snip~~
The 10 recommendations in the IO roadmap have a budget of $383 million for fall 2004 through 2009. Aside from this funding, an additional $48 million per year is provided to “contract commercial sources for enhanced product development.” Products in this case are “multi-media campaigns” using satellite radio, television, cell phones, and the Internet.
internet.suite101.com...

[edit on 16/11/2007 by Sauron]

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
Yea this was started by Rummy but they claimed they closed it down in 2002. Apparently it was not closed down more like letting the heat blow over.

For sure.

Sometimes I do wonder if they've infiltrated ATS as well. Like a certain member I shall not name (because I could be wrong) who only appears in threads about Iran, Islam or 9/11 with the sole purpose of disrupting the conversation. But I digress.

On topic, I don't think any amount of disinfo agents they send is going to stop the truth from getting out, nor will it help change perceptions. After all, actions speak louder than words.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by K-illuminati
The genetically engineered race called humans will not wake up until their electricity and water are shut off and martial law is being enforced and there is no food to eat and they are hungry and cold and dieing, so as Indigo sent here to notify the humans of the coming events I will continue to post these puzzle pieces hoping it will reverse some of the programming of the organic computers AKA humans.

If you were sent here to notify us of the coming events why not just put it all out there for us to read? Why post pieces of the puzzle? Wouldn't you be doing a better service to us by letting us know the full details.? I am pretty sure most people on ATS could handle it.

new topics

top topics

join