It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Licensing High-Tech Exports to Syria Under U.N. Development Program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   

U.S. Licensing High-Tech Exports to Syria Under U.N. Development Program

www.foxnews.com

After years of harsh talk and escalating rounds of sanctions against Syria for supporting terror and seeking weapons of mass destruction, the United States is quietly supporting a United Nations program to supply the Syrian regime with sophisticated surveillance equipment and computers to monitor its borders.

That surreptitious support emerged in the course of a FOX News investigation that began after a surprise Israeli air strike on September 6 destroyed a mysterious Syrian facility that many experts believe was a North Korean-style nuclear reactor.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Supplying Syria with hi-technology? What's going on? The gov't isn't talking, but it appears that incentive diplomacy has been the real relationship with Syria, while the tough talk is just so much smoke.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Maybe they want to sell them something, so in a few years they can turn around and say "They're dangerous, they have X"

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Gotta love a good old fashioned double standard.

If I were Syria, I'd recall reports of US equipment being sold to Iraq that contained locater transponders and bugs that helped pinpoint and destroy key command and communications devices. I think I'd politely decline the offer.

new topics

top topics

join