It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I the only one sick of the arrogance of the "elites"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I didn't elect these egomaniacs. I'm tired of them running things. They do nothing but cause misery in this world.

Humanity has the tools and abilities needed to take care of themselves, and I believe we will eventually do a much better job of dealing with our problems with them out of the way, and without them stealing (money, knowledge) from us at every turn. The elite are deluding themselves believing they can manage a system this large and complex, or do so predictably.

We have to change our minds. Stop taking orders from them. We must recognize their influence and simply decide not to participate.

There is a much greater world possible if only we can shake these buzzards off...

Anyone else feel this way?

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dionysius9

I didn't elect these egomaniacs. I'm tired of them running things. They do nothing but cause misery in this world.

Humanity has the tools and abilities needed to take care of themselves, and I believe we will eventually do a much better job of dealing with our problems with them out of the way, and without them stealing (money, knowledge) from us at every turn. The elite are deluding themselves believing they can manage a system this large and complex, or do so predictably.

We have to change our minds. Stop taking orders from them. We must recognize their influence and simply decide not to participate.

There is a much greater world possible if only we can shake these buzzards off...

Anyone else feel this way?

I feel the same way. I keep hoping the masses will wake up someday and overthrow the bums. Time is running out.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
The most telling statement, seemingly dictating the tone, of not only the US Diplomatic Corps, but of the entire current administration, is an assertion by the then National Security Advisor to the president, now, the highest ranking diplomat of the United States government.
At the 911 Commission hearings, Condalezza Rice, under oath, actually said: "... no one could have for seen terrorists flying hijacked airliners into buildings."
Such a blatant lie, straight faced, regarding a matter of the highest significance. And she goes on to become the US Secretary of State. Incredible. If this one, single example doesn't remind you of the "business as usual" mind set of this administration, you're likely not paying attention.
And any conversation about US "diplomatic efforts", without recognizing the ever-present heavy hand of covert US actions, well hidden from US television screens, is simply more fluff. Ignoring the crucial effect of this very real component employed in the relations between the US and our foreign counterparts is, quite frankly, absurd. Those effects are real, wide ranging and lasting.
There is no more powerful organization on the planet earth than that of the United States government. And the mechanisms by which this power can be misused and abused is, quite simply, deeply flawed. A largely apathetic, seemingly gullible majority of the US public gives key holders of power a default legitimacy.
Manufactured public consent, carefully crafted by the professional opinion makers, employed by the hegemonists, the neo cons and the fear and hate mongers was once wildly successful. And as I see the pendulum beginning to return, as the lynch mob has grown weary, maybe more aware, again, I am hopeful that calmer heads will eventually prevail.
Michael McCoy

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by dionysius9

Of course you're not the only one. But the masses are weak and divided. They don't have time for politics. And the powerful are close to the government, to sustain their interests.
It might be hard to believe, but this elites have a lot of support, from a lot of people. These elites are not that "elite", they are capable of manipulating the masses to garner their support. And part of the masses actually like them.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by dionysius9
The elite are deluding themselves believing they can manage a system this large and complex, or do so predictably.

I agree with you completely, except for the above statement..

As long as they controll the media, they controll the masses. The TV tells the people what to think, what to believe, what to love, whom to hate, and the sheep just gobble it all up.

Some people are waking up, but the things are getting worse at the same time.

In the end THEY don't even bother making up good lies anymore.. It seems the worse a lie is, the harder it is for people to believe it is not true.

What are we supposed to do to fight this? All our choices are pre-choosen for us, while giving us the illusion of freedom.

Don't get me wrong, i want to do something about it. But even if there was a revolution, that would bring THEM all down, sooner or later, we would have to establish some sort of our own system, and this would then get perverted.

The people creating the US constitution, created it with all this in mind, but did it help? It is getting destroyed as we speak, and it's been going on for a LONG time.

No wonder some people say anarchy is the only option. But who would like that? Chaocracy is an interesting idea, but no system is impervious to infiltration by these maniacs.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedPillTaker
I feel the same way. I keep hoping the masses will wake up someday and overthrow the bums. Time is running out.

Hoping others will do it for us won't help. I'm all for overthrowing the dictators, but how to do it?

They created a system, where they controll EVERYTHING. They can create evidence, or even just make it up and push it through the TV (911) and people just gobble it up.

How do you fight such a system?

The only thing that comes to mind is, when they try to use the military on us, some of the soldiers (and hopefully some of their superiors) will decide to stop this, and turn the guns around. Others could join them quickly, after realizing what is going on..

But so far.. Look at what the police are doing. Some even resigned, but the others are just more violent.

I don't live in the US, but i can see the same thing happening here.. When my country became independent from the communist Yugoslavia (after a short war), we were offered a president that was actually a former communist..

Then someone suddenly appeared, a normal person, who gathered A LOT of support, and wanted to run for president.

Guess what.. He was assasinated.. And a drunk guy was jailed for it, who doesn't even remember doing it. The evidence was most likely completely made up. After the guy came out of prison, he said he was so drunk that day, he would even admit to killing the pope..

Now we were made a part of the EU, and everyone thinks it's a good thing. So far nothing horrible is happening to the individuals, but who knows what is yet to come..

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Anyone who is 1) educated about what is going on and 2) is not a member of the elite, is sick and tired of the way the elites are stomping all over the common people. You are most certainly not alone, especially amongst those here at ATS.

new topics

top topics

join