It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Phenomena

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by communicator

I don't believe ANYTHING about them. I just know they exist. That in itself is enough for now. Now I am trying to figure the rest of it out.. but that is really difficult to do. I am not prone to allowing myself to jumping to conclusions without proof.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Many ufos were explained, but some ufos were not. Noone could ever say what they were.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

You are one of the first hand person who observed the UFOs... do you think they are from outside world??? do you feel sometime that they from here but other dimensions??

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I honestly don't know. I am open to all of the possibilites. I think that perhaps all of the above are true. One thing I have noticed is that I have never seen the same UFO twice. Every sighting I have had and that my children have had has been unique and different. This tells me that we are dealing with possibly many different phenomena Some may be from an outside world beyond our planet, some may be from a race that we are not aware of that is native to our planet, some may be from a dimension other than the one we exist in and still others may be us from a different time. All of these things are possible and it is possible that all are happening at the same time which is why the craft and objects are so varied in design and appearance.

I do however think that 90% of the saucer craft are of man made origin.

Beyond this.. I know nothing for certain but I feel all may be true.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I think (or maybe hope) that more people are coming around to the idea that UFOs are not as easily explained as creatures from another planet as had been previously assumed. This may be due to the increasing accumulation of sightings, reports and captured images, but no corresponding accumulation of hard physical evidence.

That becomes an interesting and strong bit of evidence, itself. What could account for it? I tend to think, but have by no means concluded, that it suggests UFOs are not entirely part of our usual, everyday perception of reality. We're limited by our little monkey brains as to how we interact with and perceive reality, and we are likely missing out on aspects which are at the moment incomprehensible and inconceivable to us. And UFOs may be part of this.

That's not to say that some of them couldn't be aliens from other planets. Just that, like everything else, it's probably a lot more complicated than it first appears.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup

I tend to think, but have by no means concluded, that it suggests UFOs are not entirely part of our usual, everyday perception of reality. We're limited by our little monkey brains as to how we interact with and perceive reality, and we are likely missing out on aspects which are at the moment incomprehensible and inconceivable to us. And UFOs may be part of this.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by Nohup]

I think this is a very interesting thought indeed. In an old norwegian UFO magazine I have, there is a report of a woman who in 1972 saw an UFO above one of the garden colonies in Oslo. (She has insisted on remaining anonymous.) This is a short account of her sighting:

The woman was out on a early evening walk when she to her amazement spotted a saucer-shaped object in the air just above the tree tops in a corner of the garden colony. She described it as about 10 meters in diameter, and it had large windows in the middle. She also saw two or three living beings behind the windows, they looked and moved like humans, and wore tight fitting suits/overalls and helmits.
Suddenly one of the beings seemed to get nervous about something, and she could see through the windows that "he/she" moved to the other side of the saucer shaped craft. Then the craft began to move without a sound over the tree tops and soon after disappered out of her sight.

The strange thing is that during this event, there were other people nearby, working in their gardens. Three of them were no more than 10 - 20 meters away from the UFO. But not one of them looked up or seemed to notice the craft at all, even though the woman watched it for about five minutes!

So Nohup, perhaps you are on to something with your theory. It is possible that this witness caught a glimpse of something that is normally outside our perseption of reality. Like a veil was lifted for a brief moment in time.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

Perhaps this is why some people have a tendency to see several while others will never see any.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Some UFO's are Man made, if I saw a Stealth flying before it was made public, I'd say "holy hell, is that a UFO?" Because something like that had never been designed or seen in the public eye.

I believe some do come from out of our world. Plenty of footage from shuttles in space while objects move in the distance in odd mannerisms.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

Yes, I agree with you, that is absolutely possible. Perhaps UFO sightings are a result of a certain state of mind or other mental abilities which make some people capable to see what is normally hidden from us.

Maybe this should also be a part of the UFO research. Instead of focusing only on the UFOs/crafts themselves, it could be interesting to find out if there is some kind of common factor among the witnesses regarding their state of mind just before or during their sighings?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I tend to think that the "answer" to a lot of UFO sightings is to be found in the odd, fringe cases. Where people see much stranger things than just a simple flying saucer floating by. It also makes me think that a lot of sightings by people of other phenomena such as Bigfoot, fairies and leprechauns, lake monsters, demons and angels, and so on, are possibly related.

You gotta eventually ask yourself, "Where do these things go?" and "Why do they leave behind so few traces?" A lot of the time, they literally just seem to vanish. Which is impossible, right?

Well, it's impossible if you think that time and space are solid like a road, nice and concrete and moving in some direction. But if time and space are more like a bubbling pot of water that interacts in some subtle way with your consciousness, the movement of little quantum fluctuations in your head, then things popping in and out of reality doesn't seem so ridiculous.

This might also help to answer another question you have to ask yourself, which is, "Why are they so different?" Maybe it's because they're not quite what we normally think of as real, even though we can see them and take pictures of them and so on. They're somewhat real. And because they aren't entirely real, their shape and movement depends a lot on what the quantum activity of our minds add to the mix. And since each person is different, UFOs tend to be different. When they are seen by more than one person (though they're usually not seen by too many people at the same time, which is another clue) the witnesses tend to "sync up" their perceptions and reframe the experience so it matches up. We do it all the time when we see movies, or anything unusual or extraordinary. We ask other people what they thought about it, and that greatly influences how we perceive and perceived it, ourselves.

Look at the Stephenville, Texas, sighting. The most noteworthy thing I think about it is that the descriptions are very different. So maybe something appeared in our spacetime reality for a short while, but because it was so foreign to it, everybody who perceived it experienced it a little differently.

I don't know if there's anything to this line of thought. I'm just speculating. But after a while of thinking about the subject conventionally, as aliens from Mars, or wherever, it just doesn't get anywhere. Time to think about it in a new way, maybe.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

The more we discuss this the more questions that pop up. Like how do we perceive these things at any given time but not at another time. Are they popping in and out of our reality and if so what makes that possible? When multiple people are involved perhaps an independent report should be done..
A controlled experiment like a group prone to sightings has an agreement that when a sighting occurs that they cannot discuss what they saw with each other but rather write it down immediately and then put all the individual sightings in one report and compare what was seen.

the witnesses tend to "sync up" their perceptions and reframe the experience so it matches up.

this will either confirm or put to rest the idea that people come together and decide what they saw.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by NephraTari]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join