It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missile Plane? May 1993 Las Vegas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I do not know how to describe this except as a missile looking vehicle that may or may not have been occupied.

It was about May 1993 in Las Vegas, N.E. corner rim of the valley, LakeMead Blvd and Sunrise Mountain. I was watching the military cover the clear skys all that afternoon with trails creating a cloud cover. They were criss crossing direction and height, there was also a lot of noise that sounded like there was something going on up there (after the cloud cover was complete), this is why I was watching. It sounded as best as I can compare like when a helicopters blades start spinning and there is a whooshing sound, but amplified.

As the sun was setting I was looking out a window down on the valley, with a complete artificial cloud cover and I watched what looked like a bird coming down, but very fast, and the realized it was not. I ran out to the outside and saw it continue down almost right above me (about a 1/2 house over), may have been a 100 to 200 feet high. Time is making it more fuzzy on that detail.

It came down at angle somewhere about 67 degrees give or take, and was dead silent. I recall it had slight wings but no tail wings, but I may have missed that detail in my shock of what I saw. It was black with no markings.

The vehicle came to a dead stop at the angle it descended at, then I observed it had a nose cone like the concord, which the readjusted to straight, then the vehicle changed direction to a 45 degree angle and then from a dead stop went N.E. in the direction of Nellis or Area 51. This is less than a mile from Sunrise Mountain where the flight path was.

When the vehicle started in that direction it omitted a near silent fluttering sound and accelerated speed rapidly and was out of my site.

I have never seen anything like this in drawings, It was very odd. The size was difficult to gauge, but it could not have been greater than 20 feet, and may have been smaller, my depth perception is in question from paying attention to other aspects.

[Edited on 1-2-2004 by palehorse]

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
You probaly saw an exotic aircraft toy outta nellis nice to bad you didnt getta pic.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I am amazed that no one in this community has heard of anything like this, not even a reference or rumor of anything that fits the description. I do wish I had a camera at the time, it would have been footage that would not have been forgotten.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I found this before i read ur post..ur description sounds alot like this.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
That does sound like it, but it was thinner, had a adjustable nose cone, did not have a tail, and it came to a dead stop, like what you see in the night sky, the moving lights that move a large space in no time come to a dead stop with a slow down, then move fast over a large space again, in a different direction.

This took only about 3-5 seconds to obtain a speed that was lightning fast and out of site. I suspect it was manned, only because of where it dropped out of the sky and how close it was to the ground. It would have only allowed a single pilot, due to the thinness of the vehicle.

After looking at that picture, I recall the wings would have been almost non existant, a very narrow profile, I actually now wonder if it had wings at all, they may have retracted into the body after the decent, I thought I saw them when it was decending, but not when it resumed flight.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Ive lived in Vegas for over 20 years. And while I am not calling palehorse's story a fabrication, I find it hard to believe they would make something so top secret visible over the Las Vegas Valley.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I do not know what it was, top secret or not. I told you when I saw it, where exactly I saw it (if you lived there then you are familiar with the exact area I am referring to) and the circumstances that preceded what I saw.

If you lived there, especially in the N.E. quadrent, you are aware it is not uncommon for the military to paint the sky with trails, at least when I lived there back in the early 90's, and you surely witnessed things consistant to that.

I have no understanding of why they(?) do anything they do, and if I knew why/what this was, I would not seek to find out.

This is not a fabrication, but the fact of the trails blocking out the sky, except for the point of entry at the very edge of the corner of the valley it would not be seen, and at sunset when there is a great amount of glare in the sky, which diminishes site except for the specific area of exposure, and the low altitude barely above the few homes where exposure existed limits compramise to a minimum.

Why it was done? I do not know, but I am sure they had a reason, I just want to know what I saw.

[Edited on 2/5/2004 by palehorse]

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 01:17 AM
link   
You'd be very amazed at how the New Generation of Cruise Missiles behave. I know troops who have seen them do an almost damn perfect 90 Degree Turn Overhead. Some people saw them do this right over their apartment buildings in Iraq. I am talking about 30 feet above the ground, and following the terrain. The missiles the U.S. possesses in general are so precise, that an Al-Jazeera station Manager in Baghdad witnessed one travelling down the hallway of his building and come right through his door, land in the room, and detonate. It may very well have been a Cruise Missile, though other possibilities cannot be ruled out. I'm just giving you some information, in order for you to better decide upon what you may have seen.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
palehorse, thank you for sharing this experience with us. I wish I could offer an explanation, but I've never witnessed such a thing before. The cloud cover, on the other hand, I've seen many times. Obviously, you encountered some sort of military exercise so it makes sense that they'd cloud the sky prior to the 'missile' sighting. If the public only knew the facts. ::shakin' my head::

top topics

join