It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia abandons key Cold War arms treaty.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Russia abandons key Cold War arms treaty.

news.yahoo.com

MOSCOW (AFP) - The Russian senate voted Friday to suspend compliance with a key Cold War treaty limiting conventional military forces across Europe, drawing renewed Western criticism.

The unanimous vote in the upper house Federation Council followed last week's decision in the lower house of parliament, the State Duma, to freeze Moscow's participation in the Conventional Forces in Europe (CFE) treaty from December 12.

The 1990 CFE treaty places strict limitations on the deployment of tanks and other military hardware across Europe.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Is Russia going to send its conventional forces back into Europe? Especially Eastern Europe that Russia had control of. This definitely looks like a new Cold War.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
If you was President of a nation with a shrinking population and basically a zero birth rate, you would be paranoid right?

My advice, ignore Russia.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Your country didn't exactly followed your advice when Putin sent a couple of Bear bombers to your airspace. Sent a couple of RAF Typhoons to intercept them. Could have just let the bombers go in because Russia is toothless. Just paranoid. Showing off.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Your country didn't exactly followed your advice when Putin sent a couple of Bear bombers to your airspace.

Last time I checked, I didn't have any form of power within the UK. Maybe that's why my advice wasn't taken

top topics

join