It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran wants Western "apology" after IAEA report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Iran wants Western "apology" after IAEA report

www.reuters.com

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran called on its Western foes on Friday to apologize to the Islamic Republic after the release of a U.N. nuclear agency report which Tehran said showed it had been telling the truth about its atomic plans, according to state media.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.iaea.org
ap.google.com
english.farsnews.com
www.undispatch.com

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
and it goes round and round and round

oh for the spin:

The United States, which accuses Iran of seeking to develop nuclear bombs, said Thursday's report showed Tehran still defying the international community and that Washington would proceed with allies to draft broader United Nations sanctions against it.

same link as above

the spin is now incredulous - the UN and the IAEA are now happy other than litterally a few small details , all the USA wants is to suspend enrichment - which as an NPT signatory they can do anyway!

China are butting heads with the USA over this - the US is also threatening china .

www.washingtonpost.com...

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

what do you expect?
the US doesnt give a rats ass about the IAEA findings
unless its in its intrests (even the french have jumped aboard to score brownie points from the US)

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Iran should ask Saddam Hussein his opinion on the matter. The US was real quick to apologize to him when the UN inspectors didn't find anything right? I mean, inspectors didn't find anything... case closed right?

I am sure BuschCo is setting up a press conference soon to formally apologize.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
So far as the subject of apologies owed by the current US administration to the "deciders" of Iran, I think they should all, both sides, just start holding their breath until they get what they want.

Based upon the maturity of the actions of both sides so far, I would say that's the age-appropriate response, don't you?

When they all turn blue and croak, maybe there'll be a chance for some adults to step in and resolve the rank stupidity that's been serving as foreign policy for waaay too long.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   

But the Vienna-based U.N. body also said key questions remained unresolved and that Iran had significantly expanded uranium enrichment, a process to make fuel for power plants that can also provide material for nuclear bombs.

Theres a BUT in there.

Wonder what key questions they are asking about that Iran has yet to answer.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Here's a couple off the top of my head:

1) What are you really doing right now?

and

2) What are you planning on doing, with what you're doing right now, in the future?

And that applies to both sides, IMHO.

Actually, in regards to both sides of this equation, there's a lot of butts...er, buts...in there.

[edit on 16-11-2007 by goosdawg]

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
the UN and the IAEA are now happy other than litterally a few small details

Small details?

But it said Iran did not fully answer questions about the program or allow full access to Iranian personnel. Iran is even less cooperative on its current program, the IAEA reported.

"Since early 2006, the agency has not received the type of information that Iran had previously been providing," the IAEA concluded. "The agency's knowledge about Iran's current nuclear program is diminishing."

www.washingtonpost.com...

That doesn't look too shiny or happy to me.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   

How about, "if you weren't interested in making a nuclear bomb, why did you have blueprints on how to make one?"

Iran Hands Over Copy's of Blueprints for Nuke Warheads

Also, just because they handed these blueprints over, doesn't mean that they don't have copies of them.

[edit on 16/11/07 by Keyhole]

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Have a read of the various news sources - can happily put more as well - each has a subtle spin on the story and twists certain things to seem more important than they are - fox for example nearly ignore the lead of the demand for an apology but goes into great depth over the US demands.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I agree. So who's to say where the truth is in all that? Just depends on who you ask I guess. That's why a safe bet, is to go with the middle. So the Iranians saying they are vindicated is cancelled out by the IAEA saying they aren't.

So in essence, nothing new to see here. Move along, lol.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I cannot make head or tails of the U.N.

It seems like every other day there are conflicting articles. One day its Iran is behaving, the next they are not. I don't get it!!

Who knows what the hell is going on over there in Iran.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan
Who knows what the hell is going on over there in Iran.

Does anyone?

That's why it's so vitally important to keep a level head and aggressively pursue a diplomatic solution to this manufactured "crisis" the warhawks are trying to shove down our throats.

Best estimates: 2015 before Iran can produce, test and deploy their own home-grown nuclear weapons.

There's still time to resolve this spat without letting the "warheads" prevail.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Please please please read the following quote from the IAEA website:

The 35-member Board will consider the report at its next meetings beginning in Vienna 22 November. The report´s circulation is restricted and unless the IAEA Board decides otherwise it cannot be released to the public.

www.iaea.org...

So can anyone show me a single link that has this latest report available to review? How can anyone here make any comments if they didn't read this report? Any comments on the report may be biased and as far as I can tell it should be illegal since the board has not approved its release to the public.

I really hope this ends any ideas that members have until they read the report. You are only reading reports from the countries that are involved but they are not telling you everything. Until I read the report i'm not going to say anything else since I don't know the latest facts. I am going to deny ignorace since you can't make a decision if you don't know all the facts.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg
Does anyone?

Yes, the U.S. and Britain

solution to this manufactured "crisis"

Its not manufactured.

Iran IS attempting to build a nuclear bomb.

Best estimates: 2015 before Iran can produce, test and deploy their own home-grown nuclear weapons.

I think its more like 1 year to 18 months.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

Your grandma has blueprints for nukes.

You can find this stuff on the internet.

Not only that...

A test was done by our government in the 60's to see whether or not foreign governments could figure out how to make nukes without any blueprints. They gathered up a handful of graduate students, and paid them to do their best to come up with plans for a nuke.

The only information they were allowed to use was information available publicly in libraries.

After a few months, they came back with a device, that according to top US nuclear physicists, would work.

Do you think nuclear weapons are secret?

THEY'RE NOT.

All it takes is a little knowledge of physics which is very accessible, a little time, and a little money. Then you've got your answers.

So, is it a surprise that Iran might know how when today an undergraduate with a laptop could come up with something workable in a few days?

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Does anyone? (know what's really going on over there)

Yes, the U.S. and Britain

You forgot Israel..

And I doubt it.

Even if they do know what's really "going on" over there, they're only telling us "common" folks what they want us to believe, to further their agenda.

Its not manufactured.

The "crisis" is manufactured, Cheney's itchin' to fulfill his master's decree before the term runs out.

It gets more complicated to cloak their agenda from the "common" folk once Hitlery's in charge. (She's part of too, you know.)

Iran IS attempting to build a nuclear bomb.

Pakistan's a bigger worry IMHO, they already have nukes.

I think its more like 1 year to 18 months.

One year to 18 months until they maybe have enough material for one device.

As someone else on another thread mentioned recently, that doesn't include the time it'll take to test the device to see if it'll even work, which involves actually setting if off.

Now they have to spend another one year to 18 months spinning up enough material to make a second device, since they used up the first batch already, testing their design.

Meanwhile the cat's out of the bag, the world would now know for certain, they intend to possess nukes.

And then the US can reclaim the "moral" authority to lead a multilateral condemnation of their plans, move our "toys" out of harm's way in the Gulf, and "allow" the Israelis to spank 'em hard, if need be, backed by the mighty military hammer of the US and the rest of the world, and the knowledge that they are now, truly, fighting for their lives.

This push to bomb Iran, "right now" or soon, is a manufactured boondoggle by the PTB, IMHO.

[edit on 16-11-2007 by goosdawg]

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Nobody on this site knows all the facts, and that is a fact.

Base all your replies on the facts that you know about.

We don't know anything about the latest IAEA report since none of us have read it.

If you think you have any clue as to what is going on in the gov't of the US, Iran, or anyone else you better have a very high security clearance or you are just making things up based on the limited info you know. That info may also be part of a psyop operation.

I am only saying this to try and stop anyone from getting so emotional that they forget about the info they read, and all the info they can't read. I am only saying this to calm people down before they go crazy.

There is a saying that I tell my friends, "worry about the things you can change or influence, not the ones you can't". I'm saying that you should be concerned, but keep it on a level that doesn't spread fear or false ideas to those who are very easy to influence.

I hope my point was made since I want everyone on this site to think logically and base those thoughts on the facts. The facts that people are trying to talk about on this thread are not released yet, so base whatever you say on what is known rather then what isn't.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Bloody good post! I especially liked this part:

Originally posted by NJ Mooch
There is a saying that I tell my friends, "worry about the things you can change or influence, not the ones you can't". I'm saying that you should be concerned, but keep it on a level that doesn't spread fear or false ideas to those who are very easy to influence.

So true. We've got the mainstream media to do that (spreading fear and false ideas). We don't need it here on ATS.

Now, on with the show

new topics

top topics

join