It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone got some information?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I have a very open mind and have researched many different spiritual exercises such as OBEs, meditation, pyrokenisis and all the other ones, astral projection, energy balls etc. All the instructions i have found mention things like visualise divine light and imagine energy coming from your hands. I can't do this if i don't know what these things are or what they look like. Has anyone got some guides i can understand, either from personal experiences (I would prefer, providing they are actually possibly) or from something you've read? Any help would be much appreciated.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
They look however you want them to look. its not what they look like thats important its what they symbolize for you that matters

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
www.astraldynamics.com...

Check out Robert Bruces work. It is no nonsense and pretty easy to use. You might also look into "The Gateway Experience". Google it and you can find more info. I would start with things that are a little more "tried and true" before looking into things like Pyrokenesis. You may also want to look into Lucid Dreaming. It is very similar to AP and it can be done by anyone, with enough effort and desire.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Woah I think that's something I should check out. It looks mostly free, so why not?

Oh hey OP, have you ever heard of PSIPOG?

those two sites should help you a bit... plus I'll tell y'all a bit about my own personal experiences with all things Psi....

Basically, it's real simple and I'm lucky I discovered this aspect so early.... but you have have to design your very own method in order for it to work.... and in order to do that, you just need to read, read, read, and practice practice practice bits and pieces that feel right to you. Using your intuition to wade through all the new age bullpoop out there is the most important part.

First two things ya gotta do is a lotta meditation, no visualizing anything, just letting go of your mind completely, turning off your thoughts, not focusing on ANYTHING. A lotta meditation practices tell you to focus on an idea or visualize this or that, but at first that won't do you any good. You first gotta train yourself to let go, and then the rest will come to you.

After you've gotten somewhere in meditation, such as you stumble upon those higher states of being, THEN it's important to work on the visualizations. This is where I'm at right now, and PSIPOG's website really helped me out with exactly WHAT to visualize. Go check it out, I think they got a pretty general program that will work for most people if they try enough. And it's all free, baby.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by indierockalien

Yeah, Bruce has some good info. He also has a book called "mastering astral projection in 90 days". It is basically a 90 day workbook, that if you stick to you will have pretty good results. (Unfortunately, my life is just too busy atm to stick to it properly)

I think you hit the nail on the head though with your post. It is all about baby steps. All of this stuff is related, meditation, AP, LD's, OBE's. It all starts with mental focus and willpower. If you can focus those things and properly apply them, all of this will be achievable.

Personally, I have found that meditation is incredibly difficult to start when you lead a busy life. I am really struggling with it at the moment.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The reason you can't learn meditation with visuals is because if you're anything like me, you're gunna spend more time on concentrating how to visualize some fruity new age imagery, and so your mind will be churning, and you don't want that. You want your mind to be silent and more or less on standby.... and you'll feel it when you start to break through. You'll see lots of pretty lights and swirly things, your body will start to vibrate til it almost feels numb, and then you can literally feel your consciousness separating from the body.... and it feels like the most exhilarating roller coaster ride you've ever been on, so if it gets a little uncomfortable, try not to panic.

I take a no nonsense "normal dude" approach to meditation. It's not some mystical thing. It's just a skill we've forgotten almost completely. Just find a quiet comfy spot, close your eyes, breathe deeply, and stop thinking. This is the first step towards activating psi abilities... being patient and dilligent with your meditation, don't get sidetracked by the new age crystal worshippers (crystals are very powerful, I don't think but a select few really know how and which crystals to use), and the connection will come to you, as long as you reach out for it. That is why you meditate, to reach out and feel the vibes.

You can't learn to use the vibes until you've had exposure to 'em.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   

yeah..... do you ever wonder if the busy life we lead has been designed for just that purpose? To distract us from our true nature.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by indierockalien

yeah..... do you ever wonder if the busy life we lead has been designed for just that purpose? To distract us from our true nature.

I honestly wonder that all the time. All the time.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
www.psipog.net...
This site should help you .. they have lots of articles and lots of them are not written so much in "divine speak" . I suggest you look up the ones written by "Peebrain" . The site was created by a umm sceptic that wanted to experiment on his own and see what can be done .

[edit on 16-11-2007 by Thill]

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Hey Thill, I already reccommended that!!! WHY???? Why do you lust to steal my manly man thunder?

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by indierockalien

umm errr wth.. sorry mate.. for some unknown reason when i checked the thread there were only 2 posts made the op's and another one .. now i see that for some reason i havent seen the other posts .. sorry again :/

PS: it was either a glitch or my impression of typing the post for 1 min was actually alot longer

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sc2300

The best (quickest) way for you to understand what it is your trying to deal with, is to FEEL it, USE it etc. (You may never be abel to see it personaly, but some claim to be able to). The fastest appraoch to this would be to go to a reiki master practitioner and ask for a session or, better yet, ask to be taught. This will be a good introduction into the energy your seeking to munipulate. (Not that I believe someone can conjur up a fire ball).

When I have more time, remind me to give you a simple little exersice to do (right then and there, no props needed) - then you'l at least begin to feel and understand the energy. Maybe we can decide on a time and I'll send to you, let you feel it in that way as well.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
no need to apologize. I was being kinda overly dramatic on purpose

I've done that a few times before... but weird. I think there prolly was a glitch. I just got a weird glitch and the page looked all weird.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I can't meditate very well. My mind wont shut the hell up. the more i try to stop thinking the worse it gets. i think this is maybe why i can't get to sleep easily.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sc2300

If you have a hard time meditating you can always try trancing with music . I found out that (at elast for me) listening to trance music helps me shut mi mind off . just sit back and listen to the music dont try not to think , if some thoughts come to you just be passive to them , let them flow in and out..

After some time when you learn how to be passive to thoughts and your mind gets the idea of "Shut the hell up " you can try meditating in the same way but without the music .. Ie try to concentrate on your breathing .

Edit: While trancing just concentrate on the music , try to find a repeating pattern in the song and just concentrate on it .. or just concentrate on the whole piece this will keep your mind (or at least should) occupied.

[edit on 16-11-2007 by Thill]

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I used to have the same problem. Just keep on keeping on, man. When your mind won't shut up, you have to TELL it to shut up. Kinda like training a wiley dog. It won't learn to sit and stay pvernight.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
the problem with telling you mind to shut up is that well from what i saw when people try hard to not think they start thinking about not thinking which umm dosent help at all if you get my point

I found the best way is to just find something to occupy your mind with at the beginning , ie concentrate on something , be it a candle flame (meditating with open eyes is kind of wierd but some people like it) , concentrating on your breathing , concentrate on music (dont know if you can meditate with music but trancing is also good

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by indierockalien

That and many other ways have been used to weaken people for centuries. but be careful about opening a can of worms your mind might not be ready to deal with yet

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I don't understand how to do it either. But it might e because I'm so young.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
oh good so im not the only one that uses Psipog

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join