It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worlds biggest sundial? Why.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 06:59 AM
link   

news.bbc.co.uk...

Some big pyramid... just what we need... forget the health service.... forget public transport.... what we really need is the worlds biggest sun dial....

Who thought of this? I bet you easy money he wears an apron.

[Edited on 1-2-2004 by EightAce]

[Edited on 1-2-2004 by EightAce]

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   
"It is going to help regenerate the region - it is a Phoenix rising from the ashes"
-Richard Swain

Almost seems to take on a different symbolism with those words thrown in. "...will also give details of the earth's rotation.", what don't we already know about the rotation? Impressive as it is, the rejuvination ofinterest in Egyption design and the contruction of buildings in such large size, brings my attention to Babylons past, as well as it's many reincarnations.

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 07:19 AM
link   
They have their own web site

www.solarpyramid.co.uk...

Maybe they are waiting on something

Dynamic shadows will be cast across a 60 metre long eliptical base marked out to depict complex and accurate astronomical and chronological information.

Am I "reaching" here, or does this look familiar?

[Edited on 1-2-2004 by NetStorm]

[Edited on 1-2-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
maybe we need a giant sundial because sometime in the near future, all our technology will fail and we will have to resort to sundials to keep time again.

seriously no, I have no clue, but I do wonder why we need such a thing?

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Whether you question the motives of the designers or not, it does make you think a little about other megalithic structures around the world.

Were any of them built to attract tourism and trade for their region?

I believe that one of the Ancient Wonders, the Colossus of Rhodes, was built for similar reasoning, wasn't it?

new topics

top topics

join