It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RealTime: Colorado SC Affirms "Egg-as-Person" -- Abortion and Potential Problems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   

RealTime: Colorado SC Affirms "Egg-as-Person" -- Abortion and Potential Problems

www.rhrealitycheck.org

Shall there be an amendment to the Colorado constitution defining the term "person" to include any human being from the moment of fertilization as "person" is used in those provisions of the Colorado constitution relating to inalienable rights, equality of justice, and due process of law?
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Hmm, I suppose this provides a bleak future for abortions in this area. Personally, I feel this is a bit stupid. While I am against abortion (because of my own experience with one), I am very much more-so against more governmental control over "our" bodies.

Also, a commenter on the thread raises a good point.

"This is wonderful -- chemical companies, roadside and agricultural sprayers, lawn-care workers, cell-phone companies, and all sources of pollution and radiation can face charges of assault, battery, or murder for each egg damaged or miscarried after maternal exposure. Also presents great business opportunity for personal egg-monitoring kits, complete with exhibit stickers."

Depending on how loosely worded when all this passes through every stage, the above could indeed be true.

Jasn

www.rhrealitycheck.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join