It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING:Traffic delays follow city alert! Belfast and Dublin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   

BREAKING:Traffic delays follow city alert! Belfast and Dublin

news.bbc.co.uk

A security alert has led to severe traffic delays in south Belfast.

Army technical officers were called to the scene after the alarm was raised in the Boucher Road area of the city at about 1115 GMT.

It is understood that a suspect package was discovered at Boucher Plaza. A number of premises have been evacuated
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk
www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Dissidents: We will shoot more police
Explosion at Poppy Day ceremony

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   
This is worrying again, after police shootings, it seems that dissidents may be starting a return to a bombing campaign.

From other reports, a warning was given in advance (a typical tactic of republicans, IRA* use to give warnings all the time)

*Likely to be the Real IRA (the dissident group)

I'm hearing there has been an incident in Dublin

Army dismantles pipebomb in Fairview

The army bomb disposal team has dismantled one 'viable pipebomb' at Fairview Park in north Dublin.

It is currently working on two other suspect devices, making a total of three devices discovered at the location this morning.

The devices were discovered by a man out walking his dog at around 8am.

www.rte.ie...

What the HELL is going on?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-11-2007 by infinite]

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   
This is now breaking too...

Parties under paramiltary threat

Members of both the SDLP and Sinn Fein have been threatened by separate paramilitary organisations.

It is believed the threat to the SDLP comes from a breakaway group of the Ulster Defence Association.

An SDLP spokesman said police had warned them elements within the south-east Antrim area were planning an attack on a member of the party.

news.bbc.co.uk...

OMG! What the hell is going on today?

Northern Ireland news is coming on within afew minutes, i'll be able to find out more. Sadly, Skynews (aka British FOXNews) is too busy discussing pointless crap (again)

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Oh hell. I'm sure I'm not the only one who remembers that awful phrase:

"Christmas bombing campaign"

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by timeless test
Oh hell. I'm sure I'm not the only one who remembers that awful phrase:

"Christmas bombing campaign"

Yeah, I'm older enough to remember that.

According to reports, a bomb was placed under a van (potential carbomb). Remote explosion has been carried out. Area is still closed off.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   

picture from the area

Police are looking for one or more device.

[edit on 16-11-2007 by infinite]

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Hmm I thought it was all calm on the Emerald Isle.

What is the name of the (protestant?) paramilitary group? .. I know all about the IRA but I was unaware of any current operating protestant paramilitary groups in Ireland.

Also, would the bombs in Dublin appear to be IRA or another group?

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Hmm I thought it was all calm on the Emerald Isle.

What is the name of the (protestant?) paramilitary group? .. I know all about the IRA but I was unaware of any current operating protestant paramilitary groups in Ireland.

UDA

Also, would the bombs in Dublin appear to be IRA or another group?

It might not be related, but it's odd to have a security alert in Northern Ireland and in the Republic of Ireland at the same time.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
i wonder if the pipe bombs in dublin might have been a dump, three pipe bombs in a park in november aren't going to do much more than scare the junkies.

i suspect they were meant for use by some gang or other but either hadn't been collected or had been forgotten.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
i wonder if the pipe bombs in dublin might have been a dump, three pipe bombs in a park in november aren't going to do much more than scare the junkies.

i suspect they were meant for use by some gang or other but either hadn't been collected or had been forgotten.

could be.

Dubin does have a huge gang problem (former IRA members have gone into the Irish gangs after the peace process)

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
i believe they are also in the habit of selling their services, and it's not as if the paramiliteries were ever much more than a drugs gang themselves, either way, despite the decommishoning
there's quite a bit of ordinance and knowledge floating aroud ireland for a price.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
i believe they are also in the habit of selling their services

Yeah I know,

I heard former members are evening making bombs for a price.

new topics

top topics

join