It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday vault begins deep freeze

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Cool Idea!!

(sorry)

I suppose any survivors of the planetary disaster that would necessitate the use of this seed vault better have a boat, no?

Yeah, and a key!

And enough food stashed to hold out until they can harvest the first post-disaster crop...

Come to think of it, they oughta put one of these at the South pole too, just in case.

[edit on 18-11-2007 by goosdawg]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I gotta admit I thought this was a great idea until I looked a little deeper into those behind the plan...
We are talking Du pont,the Rockerfellers,the gates foundation....all the usual suspects.
I found an interesting,although somewhat speculative article on the subject "

"Did we miss something here? Their press release stated, ‘so that crop diversity can be conserved for the future.’ What future do the seed bank’s sponsors foresee, that would threaten the global availability of current seeds, almost all of which are already well protected in designated seed banks around the world?

Anytime Bill Gates, the Rockefeller Foundation, Monsanto and Syngenta get together on a common project, it’s worth digging a bit deeper behind the rocks on Spitsbergen. When we do we find some fascinating things.

The first notable point is who is sponsoring the doomsday seed vault. Here joining the Norwegians are, as noted, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation; the US agribusiness giant DuPont/Pioneer Hi-Bred, one of the world’s largest owners of patented genetically-modified (GMO) plant seeds and related agrichemicals; Syngenta, the Swiss-based major GMO seed and agrichemicals company through its Syngenta Foundation; the Rockefeller Foundation, the private group who created the “gene revolution with over $100 million of seed money since the 1970’s; CGIAR, the global network created by the Rockefeller Foundation to promote its ideal of genetic purity through agriculture change. "

www.globalresearch.ca...

So behind the curtain are big bad companies like Monsanto,and when we throw eugenics,GMO and population control into the mix we have quite a different looking project.

The co author of the above article also wrote the book "seeds of destruction."

www.amazon.com...=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1196943682&sr=8-1

Imagine the scenario-the world suffers a cataclysmic event,and the only people left with all of our seeds will be.....you guessed it.
The bad guys...Imagine the power and control these companies would have over us all(even more than they have now)...Which begs the question-What lengths would they go to in order to secure that potential power?
A biological attack perhaps,through GM food to root out all those "undesirables?"
Has it started already I wonder?

[edit on 6-12-2007 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   
A few weeks ago I started a thread on this very topic, which got one reply. I'm glad to see it get some more traction this time around.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I thought then, and still think that there is more here than meets the eye. The people behind this are seldom ones that spend time and money on the future of mankind.

[edit on 6-12-2007 by NGC2736]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

Good call NGC,
from your thread:

"With things being as strange as they are in the world, one has to wonder if the powers that be know something we don't? Is this a part of some plan to save the elite's offspring from a barren world? Why is the location a secret? Who knows the secret? Who has the key to the vault of a green tomorrow?"

If the article in my previous post is anything to go by,you may have been right on the mark with your concerns.
Good intuition on your part.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Silcone Synapse,

I too saw that article yesterday and it really opened my eyes to what the Gates Foundation is doing.

They are literally coverting a good portion of their fortune into power - the idea that a gates will rule alongside the Rockerfellers into the coming singularity.

People often confuse wealth with power - and in many ways yes this is true - but as far as becoming a part of the ruling elite you need more than money you must sell your soul to them and that is what the Gates foundation is really about.

I mean - no one considered Gates a Humanitarium - or even a good person for most of his life - why would his character all of a sudden abruptly change now that he is wealthy?

If anything wealth tends to corrupt - not convert people.

And it is clear by his truly dreadful partnership that he is looking towards the future - a future where the tiny Elite have a FULL monoply on the Worlds food and Water supply.

While I will still do more research into this vault project - and it's axis of evil - it is clear that my optimistic projections were wildy off base.

It is no suprise that the devil does the most damage in the guise of an angel - and if this article is even remotely accurate (which I know many of it's claims are) - then it is clear that these dark plans have been disguised in plain sight as Philothropic and Humanitarin projects for some time...

It's makes me believe that even the most benign of projects - such as the One Laptop per Child initiative - deserve closer inspection perhaps then we normally give them...

I swear if we could really keep the Internet as free as it is today - we could eventually shine a light on all these cockroaches and make them squirm with fear...

Let us do what we can to expose these evil men while we still have the tools to do so - we are change indeed...

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I just read the article on this yesterday and it is very strange. The people involved as, pointed out, the amount of money being spent
And the security they have.
It can't be good; this is not for the betterment of mankind but more likely a plot to limit mankind due to future cataclysms. These people have always been one step ahead of everybody else even when you catch them at something it's really too late. They're on to other mischief.

[edit on 6-12-2007 by polanksi]

[edit on 6-12-2007 by polanksi]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by polanksi

Did you ever doubt that they were up to no good? These type of people didn't get rich by being nice.

No matter what a carnivor does, it still wants to rip and tear flesh.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Blimey, I can't believe this thread has revived - although I'm glad it has because it seems to me to be interesting.

I can't remember who said it but the quote is;
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing people he didn't exist"

Not exact I know, but I'm sure you get the point.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
NGC2736

In the past I think they keep things more hidden and I think that more people cared. Now it seems like anything goes(or try to stop us) and nobody is even concious of what is going on. In essence the evil is upon us.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Hi There,

I certainly don't see anything in this as being sinister, but more of a practical prudence in safeguarding for future generations, seeds and seedlings of vital importance to the earth's bio-diversity. To enable survivors of either a natural or man-made cataclysm - such as a asteroid strike or nuclear war, to invest in a start-over.

However, I would ask, how are survivors of a ELE event meant to get to this remote area whence all global infrastructure is smashed beyond repair? Also, with the incremental shifts in world climates and weather systems ongoing, the artic is expected to lose its ice covering during the summer months in the years to come. We already know what to expect in the short to medium term...an exponential growth of intense weather systems detrimental to many areas of the planet where man lives. Thus, kick-starting mass migrations leading (probably) to fractious relations between countries, and eventually leading to war and conflict...not just for fossil fuel resources, but more specifically, fresh water sources. Whether we like to admit it or not, whether or not we acknowledge the severity of the changes to come, our climates are changing, and are doing so in response to our activities adding to the natural warming and cooling trends the planet undergoes every so often. So this 'static' ark for seeds and such does seem a practical and prudent idea, but when the time comes to want to use them may indeed prove impractical.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing people he didn't exist

The greatest trick that a number of religions have got away with, was in convincing many that the devil does exist!

Best wishes

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
A good Idea is a good Idea.
I have grain seeds and water in my cave in polyethylene drums mind you it is not much but If I can't make it to the cave someone will and keep the species alive 2012 or not you still need to be prepared...

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I think this program is a good safety measure against Monsanto's "terminator" seed project, if nothing else. If that crap gets loose, who knows what is going to happen...

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Very interesting that Monsanto are involved in the project then Yarcoffin.
You said "if that crap gets loose who knows what will happen?"
Maybe Monsanto knows...
Sounds pretty scary to me.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
The naive kid in me wonders how they can lock up seeds for the future if there's no-one "in the know" who can find the vault, open it up, and put them to proper use when they're needed? Do you think they'll hand out leaflets to a multitude, hoping some will survive (whatever catastrophe) to do the job? Or will there be another vault, of "safe people", ready on stand-by? More likely?

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
You gottit Widget,
The higher echelons of all the big companies will all be either vaccinated,told what to avoid eating,or securely locked away in their deep bunkers until its same for them to emerge and rule the world-to re populate it with the "master race."

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Bill Gates, a king of monopolists, isn't going to piss away $30+ million on what ifs. If Gates can invent Windows and get you all to use it, he certainly knows it would be in his best interest to wipe out all the debtors and lower levels of humanity before they can become a threat.

Mass extinction is near term.

Micro-managing Common Man: Elites vs. Humanity

Understand this, and understand this well: the global elite only number in the tens of thousands - the multi-billionaire elite, who control the world’s politicians, the world’s militaries, the world’s sciences, and the world’s natural resources – this tiny fraction of humanity cannot control multi-billions of people. It is their stated goal to eliminate 3/4ths of the world’s population. This is why genetics has become a top priority of their science-based funding and a top priority for at least 100 years. This is why they created the environmental crisis, which is their cover story for the FACTS of global chemical genocide.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 7-12-2007 by Regenmacher]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenmacher

Scary concept, and probably true...

Your link wasn't working for me, so I googled the title.

I presume it's from this article by Nancy Levant:

American Chronicle | Micro-managing Common Man: Elites vs. Humanity

Read through the article, and got angry, for more than a few reasons...

Time is running out...

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I definitely believe that this is more sinister than philanthropic. It's designed so no one ever gets in the vault unless they want you to. There are also seed banks all over the world and in the US. This appears to be rather redundant. These particular suspects never do anything without a purpose in mind, even Bill Gates. I know I'm scared.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   

"There are also seed banks all over the world "

It would be interesting to find out who runs most of them...

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I believe it to be a good idea. It is a way of the preservation of plant life before some species are entirely lost due to Doomsday or whatever other reason.

It equates why zoos are also important to save many endangered species. I'm sure there must be a similar vault with eggs/sperm in the deep freeze to preserve animal species.

Does anyone know what the effects of GM Food is doing to the human race or the animals fed such crops? I don't believe it can be stated at this time. Plant agrobacterium which was not supposed to cross over to the plant, animal, and human barrier has been discovered doing so at least 5 years ago. Could this have come about because of GM food?

In my opinion it's a good thing to keep the original seeds safe.

So many people here on ATS seem to live in fear and doom and gloom. If and when it happens how will you stop it if it be man-made or a natural disater?? I believe more of us should live in the now and enjoy what we have.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join