It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Police Taze Man in Coma.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 04:10 AM
link   

UK Police Taze Man in Coma.

news.bbc.co.uk

A man who had gone into a diabetic coma on a bus in Leeds was shot twice with a Taser gun by police who feared he may have been a security threat.

Nicholas Gaubert has described how the incident happened in July 2005, just a week before the fatal shooting of Brazilian man Jean Charles de Menezes.

Mr Gaubert, 34, said he was suffering severe post-traumatic stress as a result of the shooting.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
mostlywater.org
www.dailymail.co.uk

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 04:10 AM
link   
The police tazed him because he was "unresponsive."
How is someone a security threat when they are unconscious?
This happened at a time when the police were on high alert,but still-quite a bad mistake,and yet another illustration of Tazers being used before brain cells.

These types of incidents are only going to accelerate in the UK as more of our police(even police without firearms training) are allowed to carry the Tazer.
Deaths will also occur from the use of this "non lethal" weapon.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 04:22 AM
link   
*queues excuses as to why cops were justified in tazing this guy*

i mean, how dare him not respond when he is in a coma

[edit on 16-11-2007 by Boondock78]

edit*

Mr Gaubert said he was on his way to meet friends when he suffered a hypoglycaemic fit on the bus which left him slumped on his seat clutching his rucksack.

Armed police were called to the bus depot in Headingley and when he failed to respond to their challenges he was shot with the Taser.

He said as this was happening, another officer was pointing a real gun at his head.

He was restrained and eventually came round in the police van.

He said it was only then that the officers realised it was a medical emergency, despite him wearing a medical tag round his neck to warn of his condition, and took him to hospital.

Mr Gaubert said he was told the police believed he looked "Egyptian".

best not get sick these days....seems everyone is a threat to these creampuffs lately

[edit on 16-11-2007 by Boondock78]

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 04:22 AM
link   
The stupidity of that would be really funny until you realise just how scary it is to give lethal weapons to people who arent very bright.

Its sad that their 1st thought is hes a threat when hes unconscious rather than "hes in trouble, lets help him."

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer

Its sad that their 1st thought is hes a threat when hes unconscious rather than "hes in trouble, lets help him."

change of the times i guess. back in the day the cop would actually try to help ya....these days they just want to light you up...friggin disgusting

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 04:45 AM
link   
It's obviously not just a problem with the Police, the Bus Driver or passengers must have called the police rather than medical services. Paranoia all around.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Its crazy-we get cops in the UK who get tazed on TV to demonstrate the safety of the devices..except they only get half a second shot from 1 tazer.

They should try being sat on by 3 fat cops,then get say,three 6 second bursts...that would be a more accurate demonstration of how these things are used in the field.

And,not only people who are in a coma get tased in the UK..Now it seems the cops think it acceptable to use these weapons on children as well.

Children...

"Police have been given the go-ahead to use Taser stun guns against children.

The relaxing of restrictions on the use of the weapons comes despite warnings that they could trigger a heart attack in youngsters. "

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Now that is sick.
I wonder how many dead kids it will take the cops to re think their use of tasers?

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I was tazed. They shot me with the old school type that has little cables that lead back to the tazer and they have little harpoon-like barbs that stick you. Hurt like a b**ch! the cop thought my friends and I wer gang bangers his buddies tackled my friends and the cop that tazed me said he thought I was going for a weapon. total lie! I was kneeling down with my hands behind my head when he zapped me. I think he just wanted to try out his new toy.
nothing like a little stereo profiling to ruin your day.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Annoys me that although this guy was wearing a medical tag around his neck. Why the hell did they not even check him for id or anything?? Gets me also why none off these officers were charged at all.

Surely no one is above the law, just as with the shooting of the brazillian, the police get away with too much these days. And no it is not a witch hunt. These officers were neglegent in the prodedures they carried out, with reagrds to this inidividual. Wonder who's backside they kissed in the C.P.S. so they would be chagred over this.

Lets hope some of those officers involved are diciplined or even sacked. If not if I was this guy, take out a civil law suit against the Police Officers involved.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Already being discussed: Terror police shot man in coma

Why do people always look over my threads? They consistently die a quick death.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Sorry watch the rocks,
I didn't see your thread.
Close this one please mods.

new topics

top topics

join