It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronaut Michael Collins Saw a Building on the Moon

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
... theres a side of the moon we will never see from on earth and its all in darkness.

The "dark side" of the moon is called that because we never see it, not because it's literally in darkness.

When you see the moon in the sky near the sun, it's not dark on the other side.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
China, India, Japan, ESA, South Korea, and NASA. They all have plans for Hi-Res imaging of the surface of the moon. If there is something there they won't be able to keep it secret for long.

very well said. why would NASA do such a thing if sooner or later the rest of the world would know? if that's a hoax like many people say, and even a worldwide conspiracy, it's not worth the risk. imagine some information leak actually proves something, how would the rest of the world see the USA after being so decived? It's logic that NASA would not do such a thing because that would mean the end of the USA.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I have looked at this video on youtube and listened to Jonathan Gray explain that millions of people must of heard the comment made by Michael Collins that he could see a structure on the moon.
If this was the case and many heard it, I cant understand why I cant find any info on it over the net, or there must of been something in the media at the time?
Has anyone a link to this information anywhere?
Cheers all
mrixxx

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
any one else see the similarity to the ` una ronald and the coke bottle ` saga ?

[edit on 11-8-2009 by ignorant_ape]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The true answer is probably even easier than that.

Readers of Carrying the Fire: An Astronaut's Journey will discover that Michael Collins wasn't the bland, technoautomatic character that usually gets selected for astronaut training. He had an anarchic, antiauthoritarian sense of humour. He probably did say he saw a seven-storey building on the moon.

Poor fellow, he wasn't to know that in half a century's time, civilization would have declined so far from the peak attained by him and his colleagues that mediaeval-minded, half-educated, humourless conspiracy theorists would actually believe it was possible to see a building from that distance, and believe him.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
If Collins actually did say something like that, I think it's possible that Collins didn't say "building", but instead said "structure".

The word "structure" is commonly used by geologists and by the Apollo astronauts to describe natural geological formations. Perhaps Collins was relating the size of one of these natural geologic formations and said something like "I can see a structure that is seven stories high".

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I suppose yes it could been a Joke from Michael Collins or whatever, but whatever it was if millions of people listened to it there must be something documented about it somewhere

Just seems very odd there is nothing on it anywhere

Cheers
mrix

[edit on 11-8-2009 by mrixxx]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
People earlier on this thread were questioning why America or Russia would be trying to keep such information secret when pretty soon other developing countries will be able to travel to the moon, see this evidence, and will realise that America and Russia have been lying to us......

Well - perhaps this is why America and Russia have recently been planning to drop bombs on the moon. They claim it is to gain insight into the chemistry and geology of the moon, but maybe it is just to destroy this evidence.

So I suppose the real question is : evidence of WHAT?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Millions

People earlier on this thread were questioning why America or Russia would be trying to keep such information secret when pretty soon other developing countries will be able to travel to the moon, see this evidence, and will realise that America and Russia have been lying to us......

Well - perhaps this is why America and Russia have recently been planning to drop bombs on the moon. They claim it is to gain insight into the chemistry and geology of the moon, but maybe it is just to destroy this evidence.

So I suppose the real question is : evidence of WHAT?

The U.S. and Russia are NOT planning to drop bombs on the Moon -- the U.S. is simply going to crash a probe into the Moon, just like China, India, and Japan has done in the past few months.

If you are going to accuse the U.S. of "bombing" the Moon, than you must also accuse Japan, India, and China of doing the same.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

That is what the satellites are for. They orbit both sides.

Here is an animation that shows the orbit of the moon.

[edit on 8-11-2009 by groingrinder]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Why is it these threads gets Hijacked, does this happen a lot on these forums.

cheers
mrix

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrixxx
Why is it these threads gets Hijacked, does this happen a lot on these forums.

cheers
mrix

Yes -- sorry if I went a bit OT with my reply earlier, but I feel like I must 'deny Ignorance" when someone repeats the myth that the U.S. will be "bombing" the Moon.

They are impacting the moon with a probe, just like has been done many times before by the U.S., Russia, India, China, and Japan.

back on topic....

Even though Jonathan Gray said that millions of people heard Michael Collins taking about buildings on the Moon, it's funny how none of those millions of people seem to be backing up Gray's assertion. You would think that if millions of people DID here that, they would remember.

I was only 4 years old during Apollo 11 (although I DO remember it watching it with my family), but my father was very, very into the Apollo missions. Even if my father didn't hear that broadcast himself, if millions other of people would have heard Collins say that, my father would have remembered. There is no way that would just be "shrugged off".

As I said in an earlier post, I think Collins could have just as easily have used the benign word "structure" (which is a term for natural geologic formations often used by other Apollo astronauts), and some of the people listening (such as Mr. Gray) could have been confused, mistakenly associating "structure" with something man-made.

[edit on 8/11/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
With all the probes being sent to the moon over the next few years I'm sure the truth will be known soon.

China, India, Japan, ESA, South Korea, and NASA. They all have plans for Hi-Res imaging of the surface of the moon. If there is something there they won't be able to keep it secret for long.

Just my opinion, I don't think anything is there.

Until Venezula or North Korea, or any other rogue state send a probe, I don't think we will know the truth. Other than China, all listed nations are strong allies to the US fundamentally.

Additionally, China has great interest in the United States, and cooperates with them as far as information release goes. So none of the stated nations would have any reason to release such information if the US told them they were not allowed to.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I remember the transmission and Michael Collins definitely said "building" and not structure.

Anyway, of late, some scientific researchers have been taking a closer look at what is really on the lunar surface and what has been discovered would probably make your hair stand on end.

Here is a question I have to ask.

Why do NASA always seem to feel there is a need to cover up the real truth and keep it from members of the public that are genuinely interested in scientific exploration?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by arianna
I remember the transmission and Michael Collins definitely said "building" and not structure.

Are you corroborating the OP's original post, or are you a sock puppet for him?

A bigger question -- Collins was only alone for about a day, Armstrong and Aldrin were also with him before and after. If he saw something strange, wouldn't he have told THEM when they got back on board and all of them could have looked at it? The 'Columbia' passed over the same locations on the moon every two hours, and there never were any clouds to block the view of the surface, you know?

edit on 25-10-2011 by JimOberg because: add

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I thought everybody knew by now that he spotted the famous Lunar Bed & Breakfast known for the great food but no atmosphere. NASA employees get a huge discount there that's why NASA doesn't like it publicized, and airbrush it out of photos.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Millions of people saw the molten metal pouring out of the gutters of the WTC on 911, but no one seems to remember it. So forgetting important information shown on tv is not impossible or even that strange.

If there are buildings on the moon, it is much more likely that humans or even human predecessors built them than aliens. It would certainly put to rest the theory that we are the first technological civilization to arise on Earth.

It is much more likely to have been built by a sentient race of dinosaurs than aliens. Aliens would have just built on Earth. There would be no reason to build on the moon. Especially the far side. You could not even observe the planet from there and there would be no need to hide from primitive humans or animals.

I would love to know if such a thing exists, and am appalled that we have better pics of Mars than our own moon. But until a private mission is launched with full transparency we will never know.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I'm going to tentatively conclude from Arianna's lack of response that the post under that name is bogus, and that nobody else recalls hearing that comment.

And there's evidence of a negative, regarding the claim.

I was listening myself, along with a team of grad students at the Tech Institute at Northwestern U in Evanston, Illinois, where NASA had sent me to get a graduate degree in orbital mechanics. We had set up a special 'command post' in the faculty lounge with TV sets tuned to all three networks, and the post was manned round the clock. We were LOOKING to hear bizarre stuff.

Nobody ever mentioned, or logged, any such comment.

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by arianna

Are you corroborating the OP's original post, or are you a sock puppet for him?

A bigger question -- Collins was only alone for about a day, Armstrong and Aldrin were also with him before and after. If he saw something strange, wouldn't he have told THEM when they got back on board and all of them could have looked at it? The 'Columbia' passed over the same locations on the moon every two hours, and there never were any clouds to block the view of the surface, you know?

edit on 25-10-2011 by JimOberg because: add

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
how did collins get by the van allen belt ?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
how did collins get by the van allen belt ?
:

The same way the Russian turtle did.

He took a turn into reality-world.

If you can't find the way yourself, look harder.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join