It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronaut Michael Collins Saw a Building on the Moon

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I was listening to a Jonathan Gray interview on youtube and at the link below at about the 5:00 mark (note you can now move the play pointer ahead of the buffer bar in youtube) he mentioned that during a live transmission of the Apollo 11 mission in 1969, Michael Collins said he saw a building on the moon approximately 7 stories tall as he orbited the moon. Jonathan Gray says millions of people heard it, but after that NASA edited out the 11 minutes that contained that part. This adds yet another piece of evidence to the buildings NASA has airbrushed or smudged out in their photos.

The question is, did anybody record it and digitize it and put it on the web anywhere? Or is there even just a text transcript of it on the web?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
i found some apollo tansmissions here. There's a few hours worth.

www.live365.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
With all the probes being sent to the moon over the next few years I'm sure the truth will be known soon.

China, India, Japan, ESA, South Korea, and NASA. They all have plans for Hi-Res imaging of the surface of the moon. If there is something there they won't be able to keep it secret for long.

Just my opinion, I don't think anything is there.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Why do we keep hearing about all these transmissions from the moon where artifacts have been mentioned, or alien ships mentioned second hand? Everyone refers to these so called transmissions, but I have yet to hear one myself, or hear from anyone that actually claims to have heard them.

Hogwash if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
Why do we keep hearing about all these transmissions from the moon where artifacts have been mentioned, or alien ships mentioned second hand? Everyone refers to these so called transmissions, but I have yet to hear one myself, or hear from anyone that actually claims to have heard them.
Hogwash if you ask me.

I've never heard about transmissions of artifacts on the moon. This is the only mention I've heard of one and as Jonathan Gray said, it was heard by millions of people. I always wonder why people have short memories and these things seem to get lost to history.

As for transmissions of astronauts seeing UFOs, there's lots of that and plenty that is first hand. For example here's a short Youtube video of some actual transmissions where UFO's (also termed Boggies by NASA) are mentioned. Note that Apollo 12 had one following them since "yesterday", because in the 2nd video lower down Apollo 11 was also followed. Maurice Chatelin (spelling?) of NASA said FIRST HAND that all Gemini and Apollo flights were followed by UFOs.

www.youtube.com...

And here's Buzz Aldrin talking about the UFO that accompanied Apollo 11 part of the way to the moon. Following is a video about NASA smudging out structures on the moon. So NO, it's not all hogwash.

s127.photobucket.com...

video.google.com...

jra

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elhardt
Michael Collins said he saw a building on the moon approximately 7 stories tall as he orbited the moon.

How does one see a 7 story building from over 100km in altitude? I find that very hard to believe.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jra
How does one see a 7 story building from over 100km in altitude? I find that very hard to believe.

That was one of my first thoughts when I first heard that interview. I didn't think the orbiter was low enough, but I wasn't sure. Nor should somebody be able to estimate the number of stories either. But it could also be a mistake by Jonathan Gray as to 7 story part. Maybe Collins just saw something of unknown size that looked like a building. Or maybe he saw it through a camera while taking zoomed in photos or film. I find it hard to believe that Jonathan Gray is just flat out lying though since his books aren't involved with structures on the Moon, so he's not pushing that agenda.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Elhardt

Has anyone contacted this Jonathan Gray and asked him where he obtained his information? Maybe he has a recording?

It is as easy for a rumor to get started on the internet as it is in real life, maybe easier. Until there is some small proof, then this is just that, IMO.

I personally would really enjoy hearing that it's true.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Has anyone contacted this Jonathan Gray and asked him where he obtained his information? Maybe he has a recording?

It is as easy for a rumor to get started on the internet as it is in real life, maybe easier. Until there is some small proof, then this is just that, IMO.

Perhaps you haven't followed this thread from the start nor listed to the Youtube video starting at the 5:00 mark. Jonathan Gray heard it himself in 1969 during a live lunar transmission while in Australia. He said millions of other people also heard it. So he's a first hand witness so there's not much room for a rumor to start. He said that later NASA edited that 10 minute portion out of their permanent recording. Therefore unless some private citizen recorded the original live broadcast in 1969 or wrote down what was said, we wouldn't know for sure. That's why I started this thread to see if such a recording might have been made. I haven't gotten to the link another user provided above yet, though I doubt will yield anything.

Adding to a previous post about seeing a building from the orbiters height, I should point out that there are plenty of photos of the moon that show much smaller things. So I have to assume if he was too high, it must have been spotted through a camera. Also to add to my links above, I should have also posted the following picture. It's another of NASA's smudging out of a structure on the moon. But if you zoom in you can see they let a little bit show through because they did a bit of a sloppy job at it.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

well that is all good... but the moon has a face that faces us always as it revolves around the earth... theres a side of the moon we will never see from on earth and its all in darkness.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The Apollo astronauts all had some training in geology. In geology the term "structure" is commonly used instead of the more lay term "formation". I've seen several cases where, from the Apollo transcripts, the word structure gets mysteriously changed to "building" by the "investigator". This could be one of those cases.

[edit on 1/12/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder

China, India, Japan, ESA, South Korea, and NASA. They all have plans for Hi-Res imaging of the surface of the moon. If there is something there they won't be able to keep it secret for long.

Yeah right.

They are all going to be a part of the Know which of course we are not a part of.

NASA and the Russians have hid their nasty little secrets long enough and now some other governments will find things out and they will turn to the US and the Russians for an example of how to handle such information and they will be told or possibly bought off to be quiet.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

you don't no how right you are...

www.youtube.com...

Ricky, says that he remembers being shown that in sometime around 2015 there will be an arrival. I have actually spooked to him before, and he did say that he is not sure about the exact date, he now thinks it could be before 2015.

Anyway he says that he remembers being shown that it was plainly obvious that there where structures on the moon!

start at 1:15

"anyway i don't know what country,but humans (!??), i don't know if its America, china, or japan what ever what ever, we find evidence of alien life.

We visually see it ,and its unquestionably gonna be there. We first discover this, these structures and unman made..alien structures, we are gonna find them on the moon...someone is going to the moon and someone is gonna find these structures, craft...anyway that's how we discover alien life

[edit on 12-1-2009 by ATSGUY]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
NASA and the Russians have hid their nasty little secrets long enough and now some other governments will find things out and they will turn to the US and the Russians for an example of how to handle such information and they will be told or possibly bought off to be quiet.

Or maybe NASA hasn't been hiding anything and neither will India, Japan, or anyone else who orbits a probe.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sensfan

you really never know, you know what im saying.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Correct thread title;

Johnathan Gray says Michael Collins Saw a Structure on the Moon

First two words are all you need to know.

SECOND HAND INFORMATION HAS NO VALIDITY

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

...he mentioned that during a live transmission of the Apollo 11 mission in 1969, Michael Collins said he saw a building on the moon approximately 7 stories tall as he orbited the moon. Jonathan Gray says millions of people heard it...

I don't know... I mean, I understand that Gray is saying he heard the transmission and Collins' statement about a building on the Moon, and that we're calling that a first hand account. But I think in the case of something so unbelievable, at least one of those other "millions of people" should recall it? I don't see anyone stepping up, do you?

It's hard for me to sit here and believe this guy heard what he thinks he heard. I think a lot of "pro-lifers" here on ATS really want to believe and thus it becomes easier to accept these stories that just don't add up.

...but after that NASA edited out the 11 minutes that contained that part. This adds yet another piece of evidence to the buildings NASA has airbrushed or smudged out in their photos.

So basically, there's 11 minutes of transmission that was erased which is used as evidence for lunar buildings that nobody has ever seen. Sounds like a leap of faith to me.

The question is, did anybody record it and digitize it and put it on the web anywhere? Or is there even just a text transcript of it on the web?

I could write up a text transcript of my wife telling me she wants to have a 3-way but that doesn't make it true. Sorry. I've had a bad day.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
You know, all the fascination that moon has held (before we went to the moon) seems to be returning once again in the same way. We have all these astronauts coming forward and saying they saw something: a ship, a building, a body, something. To quote that one line that can be seen on the X-files poster "I want to believe!"

Just that something (I guess my internal instincts or something) is telling me that maybe something is up their (Aside from the stuff we have left behind) but all my history of astronomy seems to be counter-attacking the "X-files" notion of something being on the moon, but one thing I will admit it is a pretty mysterious object and hope at least a lighting flash of truth will come about soon.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Yes but its going to take a lot to prove to the public what actually is up there if anything. I mean if Nasa or anyone said they were going to the moon and would video everything live, there'd be a full conspiracy about it. And to be fair, these days it wouldnt be hard to fake!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Can we e-mail Gray for more details,or some kind of conformation. Does he know anyone who also heard it, and can back him up?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join