It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

voyager mission coverup of moon miranda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   
in jan 1986 3 days before the chalenger blew up some unedited images of miranda were published by the ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER. all i can say is they made a believer out of me! i tryed to get some copies of those pix from the microfish at the santa ana library some months later but, the images had mysteriously been changed to the ones you find on nasa web sites today! what a shame! they were unbelievable!

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockets red glare
in jan 1986 3 days before the chalenger blew up some unedited images of miranda were published by the ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER. all i can say is they made a believer out of me! i tryed to get some copies of those pix from the microfish at the santa ana library some months later but, the images had mysteriously been changed to the ones you find on nasa web sites today! what a shame! they were unbelievable!

It's interesting

May i ask what you noticed, in order to search somewhere for it?
Maybe someone managed to save some of those images, but if i don't know what exactly to search for, it's too difficult for me

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by rockets red glare

Miranda is unusual moon. Clearly it has been formed by the collision of two satellites or more as it's surface is a right mish mash of pieces. A truley fascinating place. I have seen many pictures of it from the Voyager 2 encounter, a good friend of mine was at JPL reporting for the BBC at the time.

I must say though, I never saw anything 'artifical' in these pictures however.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
...could be something there... Miranda the 11th moon of Uranus.... saw a handful of website w/ a conspiracy about the Voyager craft, too numerous to post a "good one" at this point, haven't read about this prior.... I do speculate something artificial about it though, w/ the Iapetus, Phoebe and Dione moons claim of being "artificial" -- the surface of this moon is odd and these photos could be doctored as well.... a couple of the older 'space' heads around here could probably lead to good links...

[edit on 16-11-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Hi. I have searched, big time. Those images are gone forever most likly. I went down the hill to the image labrary at JPL and they did not have them in any of the volumes on their shelves. I did get 2 tough looking guys following me for awhile though. The OCR paper doesn't go back that far but, it wouldn't matter if it did because the images they printed on 1-25-86 were changed when the paper imaged for the microfish machines.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by anhinga

The pictures you show there are the images that happened later. after the challenger exploded. The challenger tradgity was the perfect vehicle for the cover up, it overshadowed every other story at the time. I will tell what the pictures were' Have you seen any images down into the giant canyon? I am sure that no one has unless they senn the OC register on 1-25-86 or work in NASA. the Terraces you see in your posted images are much more off center and airbrushed. Not so with the original images shown in the OCR. And they were very sharp.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by anhinga

The thing that looks like a dome in the center of the terraces in your image has benn airbrushed along with most of that are of miranda. when you zoom in on your image the dome seems to look more like a depression, not so! It is a dome! in fact there are 5 of them! the first is in the center. There are 4 tunnle structures like plus sign leading out of the center to to the other domes but, the domes are tipped on edge like a wind speed meter (half speres). In the OCR pictures light was flying out like an exaust vent , only massive!! IN your images the light from those is still showing somewhat-count them!

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 02:49 AM
link   

I've excluded by the searches all the results coming directly from NASA,
exclusive of this video:
JPL VIDEOTAPE MASTER LIBRARY
Productions and Source footage from November 12, 1971 through May 18,2007.
Miranda the movie - Flight Over Miranda
(crappy quality quicktime video)
www.solarviews.com...

Doc:
www.jpl.nasa.gov...

www.etsimo.uniovi.es...
www6.uniovi.es...
www6.uniovi.es...
www6.uniovi.es...
www6.uniovi.es...
www6.uniovi.es...
www6.uniovi.es...
www6.uniovi.es...
www6.uniovi.es...

Results of search on shared directories:

asterope.bajaobs.hu...
asterope.bajaobs.hu...
www.lkcss.edu.hk...
www.astro.psu.edu...
ftp.icm.edu.pl...
ftp.icm.edu.pl...
pax82.net...
www.atmion.hu...
www.atmion.hu...
www.atmion.hu...
www.atmion.hu...
www.planetary.or.jp...
indi-info.pref.gifu.jp...
www.kepu.net.cn...
www.sai.msu.su...
nauka.relis.ru...
www.space.vsi.ru...

Recovered:

/2d7vd3 removed on 2002
Original link
www.phy.bg.ac.yu...

/24u8pw removed on 2002
Original link
www.solarviews.org...

Good luck!

[edit on 18/11/2007 by internos]

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 03:10 AM
link   

I have all those images. you can't find the images I have been disscusing. there was only one place to see them. The OCR on the day of 1-25-86. thats my point. some one wrote that it is clear that miranda had been smashed. and the reassebled with these odd formations. Bunk! that was the story nasa gave to national geographic for their 8-86 issue and that lame story has been repeated so often it's taken as fact. You don't hit an object like a moon and it reasembles with a giant squar etched into to like some square racetrak and all the sides of your race track rounded off, wich is one of the features. you will only find the two corners of that square in any curent image. the other facinating feature "the terraces are also squared the same way but, with one difference, the sides curvve in slightly. that is a distance saver. If you were to build a structure of that size you would have to cosider time and effort with respect to distace because of the curve of the globe! for instance, if you were to fly from LA tokyo you wouldn't fly directly, you would take into acount the curve of the earth, the bulge. and compensate for it. It would strainten out the line and save dinstance and fuel. It is also an engineering fact. the Thing is, is that im not trying to convince you of anything. I just wondered if there were others who had seen those images in the orange county register! I would love to talk to them. My brother was telling me that the formations he seen down in the canyon reminded him of some sort of a base like in a sci fi movie. I don't remember noticing that, but it has been over 20 years! thank you for takinf the time to look up all those links for me! i will look at them, you never know what you might find!

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockets red glare

the Thing is, is that im not trying to convince you of anything. I just wondered if there were others who had seen those images in the orange county register! I would love to talk to them. My brother was telling me that the formations he seen down in the canyon reminded him of some sort of a base like in a sci fi movie. I don't remember noticing that, but it has been over 20 years! thank you for takinf the time to look up all those links for me! i will look at them, you never know what you might find!

You're welcome. You know, some years ago a friend o' mine narrated to me almost the same story, with some leak differences: this is a valid reason to believe that your account is genuine, IMHO.
It's really odd, because many details are much similar: i've sent an email to him, maybe he has some news.
Don't give up because this case is worthy of further investigations, imho.
Anyway, if i'll find something new, i'll post it here.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 03:33 AM
link   

thank you very much! i would truely welcome a dissussion with someone else who saw those 1st mirada images. The story with the 1st photos was mostly of scientists and repoerters saying things like 'WHAT **&#@& ! is that! I often watch the scince channle and nova and they always refer to how boring the Uranus fly by was, it just infuriates me. The cover up was so well done. since then Nasa has sent missions back to jupiter , saturn, mars, now pluto and they talk about a follow up mission to neptune. What they never say and may be more telling is a follow mission to Uranus. It is a mini solar sytem in itself too like Saturn and Jupiter, a ring system and many moons. I believe there is an effort to get people to completely forgrt Uranus. Ignore it and keep it quiet! out of site - out of mind as the saying goes!

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Also take a close look at the structures on the moon Ubriel! Zoom on the structures @ 12
o and the square "crater @ 2:00. The more I look at them the less natural they seem! There are some strange landforms in front of the structure on what I can best desribe as the N. pole of this moon.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 05:04 AM
link   
The surface of Miranda sure looks like surface mining:

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Yes, it does resemble surface mining.

And the stain on my bathroom wall resembles Abe Lincoln have "relations" with the virgin Mary.

Doesn't mean that it is, though.

There is a lot about planet formation, along with many, many factors of planet erosion, collisions, etc, that we do not yet know. But, to jump to absurd conclusions based on the fact that we don't know these things, yet, is jumping the gun. But I do understand how it is easier for a lot of people to fall into some of this foolishness....it's fun, easy, and beats trying to understand reality...that's too much work for some people...and boring to boot.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 05:19 AM
link   

May I ask why you're suddenly asking this after 21 years, knowing that you cannot prove your assertion and we have only your word that such a story/photos appeared in a provincial newspaper?

Also, how good is your memory to be so sure those pictures you haven't seen for 21 years were so very different? It might even be something as simple as poor copy printing by the newspaper?

(As a sceptic, one has to ask such questions
)

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
At the least, those pictures are a stake through the heart of mainstream planet science and astronomy, and proof of electric discharges between planetary bodies.

No asteroid collision could ever create formations like that.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Riposte
At the least, those pictures are a stake through the heart of mainstream planet science and astronomy, and proof of electric discharges between planetary bodies.

No asteroid collision could ever create formations like that.

Correct. The formations in question were developed from internal upwelling when the body had accreted while generating ACTIVE geological functions, countless millenia ago. It has since then grown cold and silent.

I see nothing unusual on Miranda, and never have.

I need more compelling evidence that can stand up against accepted and scientifically verified, geological observations.

new topics

top topics

join