It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Robbers Killed by Homeowner. Third robber charged with murder?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Three young black men break into a white man's home in rural Northern California.

first line of the article...they bring race into it first line...

how about" 3 young men broke into a mans rural home"

sounds good to me.....these are the reasons 'it' still exists....that and certain outspoken individuals will defend at all costs, even when wrong

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
This year Texas governor Perry signed the "castle doctrine" law.

Defending one's home no longer requires "retreat" from the criminal and prevents the criminals from filing civil lawsuits in response. It also switched the 'traveler" provision from pretty much undefined to "assumed" in the law dealing with carrying concealed handguns in vehicles.

There are still plenty of people who believe that breaking into someone's house just is not to be allowed. There are many home invasions that result in home owner deaths and serious injuries. I prefer not to waiting to find out what the crooks intentions are during it.

Don't break into someone's house...simple.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Hughes' mother, San Francisco schoolteacher Judy Hughes, said she believes the group didn't intend to rob the family, just buy marijuana. She called the case against her son a "legal lynching."

So, her boy and his friends broke into this guys house to buy some weed? Why did they need it at 4 am? Why did they need a baseball bat? Why did they give the step son brain damage from a baseball bat attack?

I feel for this mother, but her emotions are in the way of her judgement. Its too bad those kids lost their lives, but if this home owner did nothing, he could have lost his own kids lives, and possibly his life aswell.

I wish we had self defence laws here in Canada.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Double thumbs up to the homeowner!

This is EXACTLY the way it should be! For Pete's sake... they severely beat the guy's son to the point that he lives in a semi-vegetative state and cannot feed himself and threatened the family. The only difference between me and this guy is that I would've killed all 3 of them!!!

**Friendly notice to all of you criminal scum of the earth** You set so much as one cell of your being in my home uninvited and will fill you so full of hot lead injection that they will need a towmotor to get your worthless *ss out of my house!!! You've been warned, there will be no other warning

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheoOne
Nice job, homeowner.

GG.

Don't know why other one is charged with murder, though.

[edit on 15-11-2007 by TheoOne]

Just to throw in my two cents... since the group was involved in the home invasion, logically there was planning and organization behind their plan. As such the remaining survivor that was a part of the planning process is accussed of MURDER because it is technically their fault the other two thieves are dead.

from my understanding of the law its a way to force people involved in violent theft attempts to have to face as many charges as possible.

The Charges WILL stick, and the remaining thief will be tried and PROSECUTED for murder. Now the question is what degree will he actually be charged with. I believe in Cali the standard is to go for 2nd degree as it wasn't a preplanned murder, but there was planning in the process of the robbery which in turn leads to a form of premeditated (but unexpected) murder.

maybe to pull this circle of thought back on track, as there was planning involved in the home invasion, and people died in the home invasion; the surviving home invaders should be tried for the deaths that occurred.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by InSpiteOf

Unfortnately, many times (such as this case) these mothers are a big reason this cr@p continues.....they are way too many times defending the criminal actions of their kids and pulling the race card at the same time.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Robbers, Mossberg. Mossberg, robbers. Now that you have been properly introduced...

And the mother, "they were just trying to buy some pot" is such b.s. They beat a kid into brain damage with a baseball bat!!!! Your son is a P.O.S., get over it. Keep the blame where it belongs. If he didn't break in, no one would be dead!

The family should sue her for defamation implying they "Lynched" the crooks. KUDOS to the homeowner.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
yeah, i LOL at breaking into to get grass or money for grass too.

kids were little punks....i got my sat night special within arms reach of me right now...always do when i am sitting here on the couch.

a gun in just about every room..

you want to chance it, come on it

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

It just really is too bad that these boys took it apon themselves to act so stupidly. Now two of them are dead and 4 families are ruined. No one won in this situation.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This is the law it is correct if you rob a house and your buddy falls on a piece of wood and punctures a major artery you will be charged with murder. If you commit a crime and cause a series of events to kill someone in any way, diabetes attack, asthma, heart attack. You can be charged with murder.

This is commen in car chases when police die in accidents or by hitting other cars killing a bystander pedestrian etc.

you will be charged with murder for each death for causing this series of events to lead to the persons death.

Is the law.Basically.

Hope this clears things up.

[edit on 16-11-2007 by Bushwacked]

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
if you are a party to a felony action on another person or place that results either in directly or indirectly the death of another person you can be charged with the death of that person. You must be in a reasonable vicinity of the crime though. As simply being the car driver while your "friends" went into the bank and shot someone the driver may plead he had no prior knowledge.

However if the driver was in the bank with the shooters prior to the guns being drawn and lets say the security guard shots and kills the two gunman, is also killed himself along with an innocent bystander and a bank employee then the surviving "felony participant" whether he had a gun or not could be charged with the deaths of 5 people.

Also lets say only 1 person was wounded no one was killed but they could not remove the bullet from the wounded person... then 5 years later the person dies from "complications" associated to the lodged bullet in their body.

Then the original "felony participants" who may have initially been charged and sentenced with felony bank robbery and assault with a deadly weapon could be re-charged now 5 years later with murder, use of force with a deadly weapon in the act of a Federal Felony of Bank Robbery. And the kicker is that lets say the original sentencing was to serve 5 to 10 years +1 for assault and they could be at the end of their 5 year incarceration and the person they wounded dies. Now they could be automatically re-sentenced to life in prison without parole.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Love it
Got my mossy all geared up for some uninvited guests. Sporting a 590A 12 Guage with Federal 00 loaded up front to Breneke mangum slugs just to finish the job. I always have my Sig P229 .40 loaded with Federal Hydroshocks +P within reach too. As you can see, I'm just waiting for the party to start. When it comes to B&E, I'm shooting first, then yelling "stop or I'll shoot" and then calling the cops.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The mother of that thug should get a grip on reality. Those robbers did NOT go to that house at 4 am to but weed: No doubt they got a tip, whether true or not, that the guy had some weed. They thought they would go terrorize them and steal everything of value, including the weed, and light up a big blunt and laugh while getting away with all that>

Those vicious brutes beat a kid so badly with a baseball bat that he cannot feed himlself!! That guys kid will never be normal again, beaten so badly that his life is ruined, forever. All because some young thugs are too lazy to work and buy what they want. Too lazy and too immoral to leave the innocent alone in their beds late at night. These animals got exactly what they deserved, and the one that lived should be taken out and ...never mind.

I believe in the system and will not lower myself to the level of these thugs. Give them( him ) a fair trial with good attorneys and if found guilty lock him up forever. He was a part of the cause..he was a part of the plan..he holds reponsibility for what happened. If the thugs had not entered the house and brutally assaulted some innocent kid, the resulting deaths would not have occurred. Thats the legal basis: once you light the fuse, merely throwing the dynamite away from you does not alleviate you from what happens when it blows up.

The surviving thug is lucky to be alive: had that been MY sone laying there beaten almost to death and permanently damaged, I could NOT have restrained myself from finishing the remaining one off. I would NOT have let him live..taking a chance that he might get out again someday and do another heinous act that destroys lives. Better to send him to Judgement now rather than after he has had a chance to do worse. It is like stamping out a filthy cockroach..a disease carrier..a threat to all healthy people. When you kill a rat in a barn , nop one gripes. But exterminate a human vermin and the hand wrining do gooders step up with paltitudes and outrage. I say people with no souls, no consciences, are no better than any other species that holds nothing but a chance at harm for the rest of us.

Why should predators be classified differently? ALL predators, whether it be of little children or of the sleeping innocents beaten like animals, deserve to be taken away forever from society. They cannot pay for what they have done, and they cannot be redeemed sufficiently to erase the memory of their infamy. These guys who did this did not care ONE BIT if the people there lived or died: I say give them the same consideration they give others, but AFTER a trial and conviction. No kangaroo courts. We do not benefit from justice that is unsure or unfair. If these guys get a fair trial according to the laws of the State they committed their outrages in, then due process has been done and they should have no complaints about the results.

If Mammy believes that those boys were out buying weed, then she is living in denial and she should be disregarded as a source of info on this case. All she knows is that her ' baby ' is behind bars facing big trouble and she cannot IMAGINE how such a NICE buy could get caught up in such goings on!! Please...we all sympathize with the grief of a Mom but to try and minimize her kids involvement and plave the blame on the victims is typical but stupid. Ignore it. That guy will never see daylight again and thats the end of him.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
People should learn...you do the crime ..accept the implications however bad that is!!.. Getting done for Murder is a bit bad tough!!

But I suppose if you look at it ...that this incidend may have never happened was it not for his presence...then I suppose you can twist the law to make this guy guilty as charged he culpable!!

Just a thought!!

six

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Does anyone want to take any bets that the DA will back off of those charges once the NAACP and friends show up in town crying? I only hope that the DA has a back bone and tells them where to stick the card that is way over used.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
If you are participating in a crime and someone dies (even though you didn't do it) you get charged with murder.

The logic is that you chose to do the crime. As a result of this crime, someone died. If you had not done the crime, no one would be dead.

Everyone who is participating in the criminal activity gets the full charge.

Say you agreed to drive a getaway car for a bank robbery. One of the robbers gets excited and accidently shots and kills an innocent bystander.

You guessed it, you'd be charged with murder. Most likely you'd get a reduced sentance since you wern't even in the bank but if you hadn't been the getaway driver, you wouldn't be charged with anything.

This young upstanding citizen choose to participate in a home invasion robbery where they beat someone with a baseball bat. That person is now in an institution. The homeowner got his gun and started shooting. I think that is a reasonable response to this level of violence. Two of the other criminals were killed. The third gets charged with murder. I say hang em high as a warning to other would be home invasion robbers.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I don't know for sure if this pertains to this thread or even if it has been posted yet, I am just breezing through some news items taking a break from archiving.

FNC just aired the 911 call of the guy asking the cops to get there quickly and he said he was not going to let these thieves get away with the bag of goods they had, the 911 operator tried to get the caller to just observe but this guy confronted them and said something like "You move, I shoot!" there was a pause, then 3 sounds of the shotgun being discharged.

Just FYI, FNC plans on updating the story in the next half hour so, you might be able to catch the call again, if you haven't heard it yet.

Going back to the archives.....

UPDATE: To my post, My report is of another killing of robbers which happened in Texas, Sorry for the misinformation, who would think that this would happen twice in the same news day?

[edit on 11/16/2007 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
It really makes me feel good to notice more and more people are defending themselves from these criminals. I live in Memphis TN and I have noticed that happening more and more often around here.

For example a few months back I hear a few shots ring out (which is sadly common here in Memphis) hear some people yelling so I call the cops and the apartment security. Turns out two jackasses break into this guys apartment and he defended himself as he should. One dead the other currently paralyzed, needless to say a couple of days after the fact I had to shake the gentleman's hand for not laying down and becoming a victim.

Hopefully this kind of thing will deter some of these break-ins/home invasions.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyewitness86
The mother of that thug should get a grip on reality. Those robbers did NOT go to that house at 4 am to but weed: No doubt they got a tip, whether true or not, that the guy had some weed.

Just wanted to add some clarity:

Brown and other NAACP officials are asking why the homeowner is walking free. Tests showed Edmonds had marijuana and prescription medication in his system the night of the shooting. Edmonds had a prescription for both the pot and the medication to treat depression.

Proponents of the NAACP and Brown ask why he's free? Ill tell you why, he saw his stepson in a bloody mess and he defended his kids, his life, and his home. [sarcasm]He tested positive for medications he was legally allowed to take, oooooohhhh lock his ass up for life! [/sarcasm] Im all for equality in the justice system, but this seems like a pretty clean cut case of self defense to me.

And you know what, just as you Eyewitness and pretty much everyone else has said, if it were me, I would have done what was necessary. I doubt anyone of those people crying for the homeowner to be put in jail would do differently.

[edit on 16-11-2007 by InSpiteOf]

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I personally don't see the charge as harsh at all. It's pretty obvious that they went into that house with intentions of robbing and hurting people.

Let him be judged by people in a different county if he think it'll help him. He knows what he did, he knows what the result was, and he has to live with that.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join