It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College Republicans Their reasons for not joining the military are interesting.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...
basically it just proves that people that support the war refuse to die for the country.
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 15-11-2007 by jimrat201]

[edit on 15-11-2007 by jimrat201]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Biased and disgustingly so. Fortunately, in the U.S. you don't have to enlist, and aren't required to back up your political beliefs with military service.

At least these people have an opinion and are willing to be active in politics (it appeared that the interviewer was at some sort of convention); that's a lot more than you can say for many Americans.

This video is biased propaganda against war supporters. If you agree with this video then answer this: does being against the war give you an excuse not to serve?

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by avingard
This video is biased propaganda against war supporters. If you agree with this video then answer this: does being against the war give you an excuse not to serve?

Of course it does! What kind of ridiculous question is that?

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Oooookay.

So this young wanna-be propagandist seems to start out by accusing "College Republicans" of being too non-violent to actually enlist in the military in support of the war.

Then, when he is pegged as a "College Propagandist" (just made that up), he is informed that he will not be forced to leave, yet is asked to leave.

He then makes a spectacle of himself. "I'm doing an interpretive dance," he says, goading them on and just begging to be removed.

When he is then informed that he is "now ... being a disturbance", he protests, even as he gives way like the French army at a fireworks display, that he is being dealt with with "violence".

O, how I miss my college days.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
thats generalizing way to much. im republican, so was my father brother and two of my uncles we all went to college and we all joined the amred forces.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by avingard
Biased and disgustingly so. Fortunately, in the U.S. you don't have to enlist, and aren't required to back up your political beliefs with military service.

At least these people have an opinion and are willing to be active in politics (it appeared that the interviewer was at some sort of convention); that's a lot more than you can say for many Americans.

Ahem...its about hippocrate chickenhawks. The bias is in young college republicans touting how important war is, how important it is for other people children must die...

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I agree with Avingard. If you knew me, you wouldn't think so. But this country is great because basically nothing goes unnoticed. I happened to glance at the paper today and President Bush Jr. and Al Gore were meeting to discuss Global Warming. Hey, doesn't Al Gore's kid can serve the military. But he chooses not to, and that's his choice. Perhaps he feels that his greater contribution for his country is being here, abusing prescription medication and breaking the law. Sorry I couldn't help myself.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by newguyhere2

That's a gross non-sequitor and trollery and I didn't mind telling the mods I thought so. Whoever said Al Gore's son believed in the war?

[edit on 26-11-2007 by Jim_Kraken]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim_Kraken

Where did I say Al Gore's son believed in the war? I can only deduct that being the son of a vice president, he must have an opinion on politics. And I don't see him swinging either way. Anyway, congratulations for using "trollery" in a sentence.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I have got to get one of those bumper stickers...

"DRAFT COLLEGE REPUBLICANS"

rotflmao

Buy it here....

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I am sorry, I did not see the memo requiring all college republicans to enlist.

Maybe I missed something while I was on vacation.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

So if you support the military or any given war at all you should, in order not to be a hypocrite, join the army?

I'm against the war, before anyone decides to sling that mud, but this is ridiculous. Your beliefs and your choice to serve in the military are only as connected as you want them to be.

By the standards in that video, why aren't those who are against the war looked down upon for not marching to D.C. to protest? Why aren't democrats or republicans scoffed at for not volunteering to help out their favorite candidates? Why aren't those who believe human's are the cause of global warming morally required to remodel their houses to be carbon neutral?

You can't base the validity of someone's opinion's on their action's, only the quality of their argument. The person in this video is not asking anyone to explain their beliefs or justify their opinions; he's entirely justifying the bashing by wether or not they choose to serve. That's why I say it's biased propaganda.

Action's speak louder than words, but actions don't constitute opinions.

btw, the other people's children will die line isn't valid. Those children have the same right to choose wether or not to serve as the 'chicken hawks'.

[edit on 27-11-2007 by avingard]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I don't think interviewing a few college kids at a convention really proves anything.

Should they serve?

I think so, if they are otherwise qualified.

Should they be allowed to pursue an education now?

Why not?

We need good officers.

Are they cowards?

Maybe?

Are they Republicans?

Who knows?

These videos prove nothing.

[edit on 2007/11/27 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

i couldnt have said it better myself. i always here about these polls that say such and such % of americans feel this way. i for one have never been polled on any of these matters. has anyone else on here?

new topics

top topics

join