It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPC symbols, loyalty clubs, the NWO and YOU!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Many conspiracy theorists speculate on the origins and possible uses of UPC symbols and the likes of loyalty clubs at retail outlets... not to mention what shady agencies may be collecting all that data.

The purpose is simple: information for targeted communications. Now the "who" behind all that effort is revealed as well: Catalina Marketing (ticker symbol / website ~ POS).

Though Catalina Marketing is not a company that would normally even make the radar of a WallStreet analyst, much less a good conspiracy theory, it is in fact the global leader in providing behavior-based communications on a mass scale, targeted to individuals as individuals. The company was founded on the premise that the combination of access to consumers and insight into their actual purchase behavior would enable more effective, cost-efficient promotions than traditional marketing approaches.

Catalina Marketing accesses consumers� actual purchasing behavior at the Point-of-Sale to understand their preferences and more effectively communicate with them in key areas:
1) in-store- through incentives, loyalty programs, sampling and advertising,
2) at home- using direct mail, personalized to household preferences and
3) online- through interactive web sites with customizable features.

The breadth and depth of Catalina in it's reach to consumers is unpredented crossing industries and even competitor outlets. In the retail industry, Catalina Marketing retrieves about 250 million transactions per week, across more than 21,000 grocery stores. On behalf of its grocery retail clients, the company manages one of the six largest databases in the world, containing the purchase histories of over 100 million household IDs. And Catalina Marketing International reaches more than 45 million shoppers weekly in the United Kingdom, France, Italy and Japan. In the pharmaceutical industry the company prints over one billion condition-specific informational newsletters in over 17,500 pharmacies each year. For manufacturers, this means unparalleled access to consumers and unique insights about their preferences and buying behavior.

Both Catalina's triangle logo (with echoed dolphins at it's center) and business model of Consumers, Retailers and Manufacturers should be familiar to members of ATS. The Illuminati Pyramid is commonly said to have at it's base the very people that both support it and are victimized by it. In this capitalist version of the triangle, the framework is information and communications supported by the arms of Retailers and Manufacturers, all based on the backs of consumers. One could easily slip examples into each arm of this business model, such as Wal-Mart or Kroger serving as retail distribution outlets and the largest of Catalina clients that subscribe to the 'service' (like Phillip Morris) on the manufacturing arm. Of course you and I, the consumers both supply the information about ourselves willingly and consume the returned communications, largely in the form of offered coupons.

But let there be no mistake in the efforts of this self serving cycle. It is not merely tracking and collecting information on behavior; the goal is changing behavior. And it's very successful for the elite manufacturers that puchase category monopolies (like tobacco or cheese), extremely profitable for the the participating retail outlets that both collect the information and distribute the coupons and, for all his involvement, the lowly consumer is only rewarded some meager cents-off for changing to suit the wishes of the most succesful of the capitalist system lords.

So now you know how the 'players' interact and conspire to get their will into the targeted hands of each and every one of us... and how we willingly, even eagerly, go along. The fact is for all our bashing of MicroSoft or Wal-Mart, we love monopolies. We can't get enough of them. In reality, we almost can't not support them... by DESIGN.

So if you ever wondered what they do with all that information, the answer is they use it against you... specifically. And if you ever wondered where all that data goes, the answer is hiding in plain sight in St. Petersburg, Forida.

[edit on 9-8-2004 by RANT]

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I used to work for this company (Catalina) as well as a large tobacco manufacturer prior to that, not to mention consult for a span of industries from telecommunications to baked beans so I'm not exactly guessing at the pervasiveness of the reach of the "monopolies elite."

There's a reason I hate Wal-Mart ( www.abovetopsecret.com... ), and you should too.

[Edited on 1-2-2004 by RANT]

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I like the pyramid on their roof!

Mark of the illumaniti, they passed!

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
I like the pyramid on their roof!

Mark of the illumaniti, they passed!

Good catch THE NEO! They are subtle though.

What's most intriguing is the core shift or expansion of Total Information Awareness efforts into a whole new area, that of changing behaviors!

We've known (since they told us) that Total Information Awareness programs, like the government's TIA has a scope of intelligence which includes:

Biometric signatures of humans
Face
Fingerprints
Gait
Iris
Speech recognition

and Transactional Spying (tied to the individual)
Financial
Education
Travel
Medical
Veterinary
County Entry
Place/Event Entry
Transportation
Housing
Critical Resources
Government Communications

What Catalina Marketing offers in a monopoly setting (much like Neilson does for Television and Arbitron does for Radio) is BEHAVIORAL TRACKING at both the individual level and in groups, plus the subtle means of CHANGING BEHAVIORS.

Notice next time you get your coupon after a grocery purchase, are the Illuminati trying to tell you something on the back of your receipt? Are you using the wrong brand of cheese? Or smoking the wrong brand of cigarette? Do the messages follow you no matter which retail outlet you visit anywhere in the world? Do the messages CHANGE once you change to the will of the Illuminati?

The answer to all is yes. For no longer are they satiated simply to track your purchases and movements, but NOW THEY SEEK TO CHANGE YOUR BEHAVIOR!!!

Note: Not my graphics!
The pyramid communication is THEIR sales pitch to monopolies elite.
TARGETING CHANGE WITH BEHAVIOR-BASED MARKETING!!!

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Wow, thats a great post Rant, I wasn't aware of Catalina. That picture above is disturbing to say the least.
I don't much care for the idea of being tracked like that.

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I would like to throw some info in here also, sadly
no one was interested elsewhere

www.abovetopsecret.com...

or

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm
I would like to throw some info in here also, sadly
no one was interested elsewhere

or

Good tie-ins. That sundial does bring up Illuminati (as well as Alien Majik type) connotations. But most poignant is that UN unviversal computer code translator! There's another article floating around here about Bill Gate's billion dollar commitment to the UN to get third world nations on-line with the least likely of people ON THE INTERNET. The premise would be to send messages, but of course tracking identification and receiving messages (universally translated) is implied.
(I'll post the links to your thread)

But of course THE first universal computer language is already in place: UPC or Universal Product Codes. That's the barcode on every product manufactured that allows them to see what you buy, what else you buy, where you buy it, and what to market or PUSH you to buy next.

There is a hierarchy to the pyramid, after all.

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Good tie-ins. That sundial does bring up Illuminati (as well as Alien Majik type) connotations. But most poignant is that UN unviversal computer code translator! There's another article floating around here about Bill Gate's billion dollar commitment to the UN to get third world nations on-line with the least likely of people ON THE INTERNET. The premise would be to send messages, but of course tracking identification and receiving messages (universally translated) is implied.
(I'll post the links to your thread)

Thanks, my hope was that other people would recognize what this Universal Programming Language could do....if you control what the translation is, people could only read what you wanted them to read.
If you could control the information media, you could control the people

new topics

top topics

join