It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The reason for the universe to exist..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
..IS to support & create life.

We look at ourselves as a mistake..and we are doubtful that life elsewhere among the billions of galaxys even exists. But I have been thinking deeply on this..the universe is SET UP for the purpose of life..why should there even be these round sphere's we called Planets? Why should they even have atmospheres or chemicals that can form 'life'.
The very fact that these systems are in place that it may give rise to life in many forms means that we should not be surprised we are here, or that others are out there too. If you see what Im getting at?

From the creation of stars to galaxys it all boils down to systems that can create & maintain conscious life thru out the universe(s) otherwise it would be completely & utterly empty, devoid of anything at all..

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The universe is an amazing, overwhelming subject that I think about every day (usually every hour)...

So by your post are you saying it was created with conscious thought or is it a happy accident?

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I think the 'system' be it by conscious decision (which I would favor) or something else..the end result is a machine (the universe) which naturally sets about to manufacture planets & components which ultimately lead to life as the end result. These Biospheres exist for that purpose (some fail and some are successful) there is no reason for this system of creation (from stars to planets)
to even exist, to even lead to the merest possibility of life..yet they do it seems.
So along those lines I conclude that its impossibly arrogant to imagine we are alone and that just because we cannot fathom how an alien would arrive here breaking the rules of speed we have identified, doesn't mean they have not found a way to circumvent those rules (which we do have theory's about how it could be done) given differences in evolution & time between 2 seperate races. Its a pity the skeptics cant see past the end of their noses on that large scale matter.

Originally posted by mr-lizard
The universe is an amazing, overwhelming subject that I think about every day (usually every hour)...

So by your post are you saying it was created with conscious thought or is it a happy accident?

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jainatorres

You should check out existentialism. One of the main premises is that we humans put structure to our world, when we really don't understand this world, and really it could be here for any reason. The reasons we make up, when one really thinks about, are insufficient/not certain to be correct.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Yea thats a good idea!
Well no matter what structure we assign to our world, the events of star & planet creation go on as they have since the begining and the fact we are here talking about to me suggests that the 'system' is working. And we haven't proved it for real yet (officially
when we find a single microbe on mars or Europe or wherever..we'll be closer to understanding that we are here for a reason, along with the others out there!

Originally posted by Raoul Duke
reply to post by jainatorres

You should check out existentialism. One of the main premises is that we humans put structure to our world, when we really don't understand this world, and really it could be here for any reason. The reasons we make up, when one really thinks about, are insufficient/not certain to be correct.

new topics

top topics

join