It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SuperBowl Commercials = SUCK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I am tired of SuperBowl commericals trying to be funny. For some reason they throw in the talking animal, the cheezy fake CGI, top it off with an old cliche and voila you have pure gold for the great unwashed.

Here are some of the worst offenders:
WTF is up with beer commericals!? It is not life or death if someone is about to waste a beer.

Pepsi sucks ass, stop showing people chugging it like they are on the verge of an orgasim driking it.

Do I have to be a funtionally retarded 12 year old with severe ADHD to wet my pants when I see these commercials in pure laughter like everyone else? Do commercials have to have 60 different camera angles in a 30 second commerical!? try counting then in an average commercial. I think I can hold my attention for more than a half second!

Near all of these commericals will be one or more of the following:
NOT FUNNY
FAKE
IDIOTIC
UNORIGINAL
over the top in all of the above
played every 5 minutes for the next 9 months
only your little sister and mother thinks is funny
highly uneffective
abusing a "trendy" cliche from last year
the lame "trendy" in general

feel free to add more.

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I can go both ways on this really. I think that companies try to hard to make their commercials funny/interesting because it's the "Big Game". And the pressure is usually on for the makers of the commercials. Everyone expects them to be good. The spot costs so much, so they try to make it memorable, but they usually fail. But I have seen a few good ones, like the Office Linebacker and they usually have commercials for cool new movies. I think that if companies made good commercials all year round, they wouldn't have to put them up during the superbowl and spend all their $$$. But that's just what I think.

new topics

join