It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the Egyptians have electric lighting?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if Egyptians knew what "electricity" was.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
perhaps it was turned into jewellery... or.... just because it isn't found lying in "situ" doesn't mean it wasn't there at one time...

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by merka
I thought the battery was debunked to be more in the vicinity of 1900 AD: Its a Ford sparkplug.

Electric batteries 2,000 years ago? Shocking but true! True Tech of the advanced kind requires some kind of power, usually electricity, or at least a control panel that uses electricity. Think of the amazing array of device that we use today.
Electric Batteries were in use more than 2,000 years ago says one Dr. Wilhelm Koenig, a German archaeologist employed by the Iraq Museum in Baghdad, how discovered one in 1938 while conducting a dig at Khujut.

These BC vintage batteries made by the Parthians, who dominated the baghdad region between 250 BC & 224 AD.. Very simple to create.

And you can find alot of information about this with a couple easy searches.
Its shocking still to this day people think it was Tom Ed. who created the lightbulb.. Perhaps as we know it.. But this stuff has been around for a long time..
Even Telsa was forgotten for his great research..
You never hear much talk about Telsa.. Which always makes me wonder why..

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 06:17 AM
link   
you'd get a better power supply by sticking two electrodes in a lemon
and the supposed baghdad batteries only function if you make adaptions to them which the people who made them didn't do
everyone else thinks they were fruit jars.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerkinana walsky
everyone else thinks they were fruit jars.

By thinking what everyone else thinks, you will only arrive at old conclusions and learn nothing new. This is why true science encourages speculation rather than stifling it.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   
science encourages hypothesis built on empirical data which leads to testable theories

suggest you go now and build a baghdad battery and then give me a call when you find out it doesn't work
I will then send you the modifications to turn your fruit jar into an electric cell that holds less current than a lemon with two electrodes in it and which doesnt last as long

see I know how to do this because I know how batteries work
you don't know how to do this because like the Parthians you have no idea

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5
You never hear much talk about Telsa.. Which always makes me wonder why..

Why do so many people on here say this? Like it's supposed to validate their claim.

I knew who Tesla was when I was teenager and that was more then a decade before the internet. All of my friends knew who Tesla was back then too. Heck, I even went to a Tesla coil demonstration when I was 9. There was a terrible power ballad metal band named after him in the 90's years and years after I had ever heard of him. There were numerous movies thoughout the 70s and 80s about time travel drawing on the crazy claims of the Philidelphia Experiment that all had to mention Tesla.

I am going to start hitting every thread that makes this claim and calling BS on it. It's starting any discussion off with a misrepresentation. It's like you guy's all heard this from the first person that told you about him.

"Hey, lemme tell you about a guy they are trying to hide. It's wicked Conspiracy stuff... The feds took all this guys papers after he mysteriously died, and nobody has heard of him since..." Bullstuff! Everybody has heard of him, we all know he tried to make free energy and death rays and cloning devices and all that. We've all seen the movies!

Whew, ack. Getting off the soap box now.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by whargoul

Deviating even more from the topic of my own post, you are quite right. He is not nearly so obscure than his obsessive fans (myself VERY much included) make out, so much as he was underappreciated. You say the words 'great inventor' and most people'll think 'Edison'. The two spent years in an epic battle; Tesla ultimately won, but preceeded to die poor, alone, and without even a tv episode of Arthur being made about him. This blows majorly because created so much more than Edison ever did. Whodathunk that remote controlled toys were invented in the 1880's?

Um, so yes, I concur.

p.s., I just searched extensively on this site for anything else related to this topic, and found absolutely nothing.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Then Tony

It's up to you to correct this, pedition the ATS guys to start a site for the great man - or just start threads in what ever the appropriate area might be.

The flag has been past

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Hello Everyone; I call my self NullFlux8ight

I have just fallen onto your website. I find it interesting that I'm working on an electrical generator that uses magnetite as its' electrolyte. I find it unusual that no one has concidered that Magnetite is abundantly available where-ever sand, which is made up of Quartz, Magnetite and other agragates) are found.
By humble request to join you all I would like to think that I'm in the wright direction in my persute, since this is the first time I've ever heard of that there's a possiblity the Egyptians harnessed light.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by I-on-beam
Here is a pictorial of two men together each holding one, plus the ole bonus glif of saucers, planes and helicopters.

Other Views

2 years ago it crossed my mind, while visiting an underwater world, when I saw the moray and it high voltage producing, how could they have used this kind of energy?
when you look at the first pic, you can see moray/snake/eel in an amphora,
and this "rope" connected beneath

so the funny thing is that a Henry Moray was onto this radiant energy
www.free-energy.ws...

but of course it just only a thought ...

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mandible

Originally posted by I-on-beam
Here is a pictorial of two men together each holding one, plus the ole bonus glif of saucers, planes and helicopters.

Other Views

2 years ago it crossed my mind, while visiting an underwater world, when I saw the moray and it high voltage producing, how could they have used this kind of energy?
when you look at the first pic, you can see moray/snake/eel in an amphora,
and this "rope" connected beneath

so the funny thing is that a Henry Moray was onto this radiant energy
www.free-energy.ws...

but of course it just only a thought ...

Moray eels possess no electrical abilities.

Could you please produce evidence of electric eels in Egypt?

Harte

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Some of these threads should only be allowed one reply then closed.

OP: Did the Egyptians have electric lighting?

1st Post: NO

CLOSED

Mod Note: Please stay on Topic – Review This Link.

[edit on Tue Jan 6 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FatherLukeDuke

Hey Father (I always think of Father Ted when viewing your name)

Close the thread? Oh no, keep valuable examples of fringe thought from prying eyes? No let them run or the fringe will be up in arms about censorsip and suppressing the truth......of course it would be good to keep the same types of threads from running over and over again. But the monitoring of that is a nightmare.

Electricity in Egypt. The Egyptians were probably aware of static electricity and probably atributed it to magic.----the gods could be blamed for the violent thunderstorms that rarely charge across the delta region too.

Making electricity and using it? No evidence whatsoever....

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by FatherLukeDuke
Some of these threads should only be allowed one reply then closed.

OP: Did the Egyptians have electric lighting?

1st Post: NO

CLOSED

Padre,

Don't be such a stranger.

You're needed here.

Harte

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Yeah Harte and I are geting rather senior in the NWO (knowledge suppression unit) I think the NWO will soon make Harte the Education Minister or Waziristan and I'll get a new posting as a Prison of War Commandant in Tahiti.

More the merrier, a small packet with all the benefits and salary information will be left under your drivers seat along with your secret decoder ring and handbook, "World knowledge suppression for dummies".

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

here ur electric fish
en.wikipedia.org...
I am sorry I live "too far" now from ancient time, so how should i know about the fish they had or imported ?

but i found some egypt myth and saw that science like to use old names
asteroid apophis
www.guardian.co.uk...

but may be :

At night, she lures men down to the the water in pairs, by appearing as a beautiful young woman. One man is hypnotized by her, while the other tries to bring the other man back from his trance. Usually, the man succeeds in breaking her spell, and the two run away. She’s believed to be a kind of genie, and despite the dual belief that she devours and drowns men, no instance of a a man dying by her hand has yet been recorded.

www.apophis.net...

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on Tue Jan 6 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
@ Hanslune, thanks for replying to my previous post, you make a good point about the the time frame of the battery not matching up with the timeframe of the "light bulb" glyphs. That show I seen on Discovery recreated these large "Egyptian Light Bulbs" and powered them off of "Baghdad Batteries", which implys that electricty was possible, but they were "cherry picking" technologies to force a result. Most of my searches for ancient electricty turn up the same results with the same few pics. However I tried a different approach and search "ever-burning-lamps" and I found some intersting stuff. I'm not convinced the ancients had light bulbs but I also dislike whenever people say "they surely experienced static electricity and must have thought it was the work of gods", as if there were no atheists back then. What did the atheists think it was? (just kidding) but this is definetly not "Debunked 100 %" the search continues...peace yall

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Mandible

Well dang I was wrong again. No eels in egypt but further upstream...we have electric catfish.

The electric catfish of the Congo and Nile basins emits weaker discharges than does the eel and has a discharging mechanism slightly different from that of the eel. Its electric shock organ consists of a membrane of nerve endings that extends over the entire back.

These little buggers live in the upper Nile, not sure if they enter the main channel. As far as I can determine they are not large enough to shock a man.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

reply to post by Harte

here ur electric fish
en.wikipedia.org...

Thanks, Mandible.

Your link lists all species of freshwater electric fish. Of course, eels are fish, and the article mentions two families of electric fish that are ocean-going (Morays live in salt water, I believe - most do, I'm sure.)

This is a table of all known electric fish species within fresh water. There are two groups of marine fishes, the electric rays (Torpediniformes: Narcinidae and Torpedinidae) and the stargazers (Perciformes: Uranoscopidae) capable of generating strong electric pulses.

Neither of these families contain the Moray Eel..

However, don't think that I don't appreciate the fact that you actually researched the situation. We need more of that around here!

I am sorry I live "too far" now from ancient time, so how should i know about the fish they had or imported ?

Me too.

But I didn't make the claim that Morays were electric.

Also, since you speculated that the Egyptians might have used electric eels as an energy source, I was wondering if you knew of any in the Nile.

AFAIK, all electric eels are freshwater.

And, it would be very difficult to use the electricity from eels to power anything. Eels emit the electricity when they feel like it, and they cannot emit it at a constant rate for extended periods.

However, again, thanks for at least trying to look it up!

Harte

[edit on 1/7/2009 by Harte]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join