It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scary Ghost Videos from Japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I found this compilation of Japanese ghost videos (some I've never seen before). They show you the full video and then replay it emphasizing the weird part. Unfortunately, there are only voice-overs in Japanese, but you get the message across.

Scary Ghost Videos from Japan - Part 1

I apologize if posted already.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I get the impression that these are created for entertainment purposes, and are only pretending to be real security camera footage, etc. This is primarily because there are so many of them, they have similar themes, as well as "ghost" effects that look like relatively simple editing effects.

Real ghost footage is more rare than real UFO footage, so I find it difficult to believe there's that much high-quality footage available here. What with the popularity of movies like "The Grudge," I suspect there's a market for this creepy horror stuff in Japan that's bigger than you'd expect.

On the other hand, maybe it's all real and great and wonderful proof of ghosts or whatever the heck you want to think they are.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
At some point I was thinking it could all be just an F/X hoax. We all know how fond the japanese are of technology and mystery.

We'll see...

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Hello,

Japanese girls are so hot!!

Even as ghosts....

Don't know what to make of it. Could be real could be fake.

Thanks for posting this it was totally ANIME!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I have to vote "fake" too.

For one thing, the images are WAY too high quality.

"If it looks too good to be true, it is."

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
lol the irony .. we get blurry video footage of aliens/et/ghosts/paranormal and people are crying thats its nothing more then a blurry video and demand hi res proof .. then we get high detailed videos and people cry its to detailed ... come on decide what you want

Its like meeting an alien face to face and say hey that has to be fake he has no beer with him .. Next thing you see him carrying a beer and its "hey this has to be fake he has a beer with him" ....

Not saying this is a real footage just wanted to point out the irony on the boards

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Hmm.

First video: neat trick. Not something especially difficult to do with a little editing software. Don't think it's anything real, though.

Second video: I don't see anything paranormal here... all I see is a girl leaning down with a "what the heck are those girls looking at?" expression on her face.

Third video: Trick of the light, if real at all. Doubt it's anything supernatural, though.

Fourth video: Again, nothing that can't be easily explained. They seem to want to make every girl in a weird place/pose into a ghost.

Fifth video: Obviously a fake. Halloween mask + a little costume design + some special effects. I really doubt a ghost would sit and pose for the camera like that, then calmly get up, brush himself off, and fade out of view.

Sixth video: Can we say shadow? And I'm not sure what it is that's over that guy's shoulder... honestly it looks like either part of a decoration or his ponytail.

Seventh video: That's a trademark Ring/Grudge pose that ghost is in. While creepy (I wouldn't want to walk through that tunnel, myself) it looks like this ghost is all special effects.

Eighth video: OH COME ON. Cheap effects, a subway reflection, and light coming in from a window. The supermarket one is kind of intriguing - I'm not sure what that movement is supposed to be.

WOW there are a lot of these. I'm gonna stop here before I waste even more time. XD

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thill
lol the irony .. we get blurry video footage of aliens/et/ghosts/paranormal and people are crying thats its nothing more then a blurry video and demand hi res proof .. then we get high detailed videos and people cry its to detailed ... come on decide what you want

That's not entirely accurate. Of course we want high-resolution photos and video. But we want high-resolution stuff that also stands up to scrutiny. As it is, we sometimes get such material, but then it falls apart upon investigation because there's nothing else to back it up.

Blurry photos are bad. Higher resolution is good, but even then it doesn't matter without corraboration. I can build an actual inflatable, remote controlled flying saucer and fly it around and take HD video of it, and that's exactly what it would be. You could analyze it pixel by pixel and it would be 100% authentic. But it wouldn't be a real alien flying saucer, though, would it? Good photos are better evidence, but not great proof.

Anyway, these ghost videos are not what I would consider to be "high resolution" anyway. Most are dark and incredibly grainy, I suspect on purpose. They're obviously trying to link them in with the horror stuff of "The Grudge" and "The Ring." They're creepy and fun, but I wouldn't go looking at them as any kind of proof of ghosts or an afterlife.

top topics

join