It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Photo of Earth at night- (Weird sights at the Pole?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Hi everyone,
Yesterday Spacecraft Rosetta, flew close by Earth for a gravity assist maneuver to catapult it towards the Comet 67/P Churyumov-Gerasimenko. (The spacecraft will be studying this comet in the near future.)

Anyway, while near us yesterday it took photos of the night side of the Earth.

Here is the link for the photo:

www.spaceweather.com...

What I found interesting about the photo is what is seen at the pole. Yes, there were Northern lights last night, however, if I am not mistaken I see an indentation at the top of the pole. I know there is speculation that the Pole is actually a hole/gateway to the center of the Earth. Could this be more evidence for this? You be the judge....Let me know what you all think...

PS. If someone can, please post the picture on this thread. I am still learning how to do that...

[edit on 15-11-2007 by wrangell76]

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Just wanted to give the image a shot for ya'.
I have heard alot about the fabled inner earth deal at the pole. I find it very interesting a story indeed. Thanks for the post.
Vance

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by vance

Hi Vance,
Thanks for posting the photo...Much appreciated!
I find the story of the entrance at the North Pole very interesting myself. Makes you wonder what is really going on....

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by wrangell76

That light (?) near the north pole may be the same thing that can be seen around the Earth, the light coming from the Sun passing through lower ground and being blocked by the higher ground and maybe refracting in the clouds.

And if there is a hole in the north pole, how do they keep the water from falling?

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
And if there is a hole in the north pole, how do they keep the water from falling?

Hmm....I have never thought of that.

Not that I really thought about it because I don't adhere to the 'hole' theory but that is a interesting point.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   
because of the planets tilt the light is just stretching over the pole, the ice is refracting the light from the other side to give a glow

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Silly kids, everyone knows the earth is flat and theres a 10 foot wall of ice at the edges.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
i figured it was just light reflecting off the clouds and or ice

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Its either light reflecting off of clouds... or Northnern Lights

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Well in my mind there are two possibilities:

1. This is a black and white image, I imagine it could be the Auroraborealis.

2. Light refracted around the curvature of the earth, by way of high-albedo surfaces like ice, glaciers, or snow.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
its called the van allen belt

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   
TextText Blue

I have a Van Halen belt.. am I a bogan or what

new topics

top topics

join