It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Santas told not to use 'ho, ho, ho' for fear of offending

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Santas told not to use 'ho, ho, ho' for fear of offending

www.upi.com

SYDNEY, Nov. 15 (UPI) -- Santas in Australia have been discouraged from saying their traditional catch phrase, "ho, ho, ho," because some feel it could scare children and offend women.

One would-be Santa told The Daily Telegraph he quit after he was told not to use "ho, ho, ho" because it could be mistaken for the U.S. slang for prostitute.
(visit the link for the full news article)

full story here

[edit on 15/11/2007 by budski]

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Now this really IS PC gone mad.
If it was april 1st I'd have thought it was a joke!
But apperently not.

Heard the one about 3 women who took santa to court for calling them Ho's?

Ridiculous

www.upi.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Just when people think the level of PC craziness has plumbed the very depths of idiocy, along comes another little gem to prove us wrong

The real kicker here is that many of the slack jawed window lickers who come up with these ideas are on the payroll of local authorities, so WE pay their over inflated wages to sit and think of wonderful new schemes

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
There is a regular ATS thread on this too but I lost it somewhere.

This paragraph is odd to me.

Santas in Australia have been discouraged from saying their traditional catch phrase, "ho, ho, ho," because some feel it could scare children and offend women

So who exactly told this collective of Santas that they should say Ha Ha Ha?

BTW you can mail Santa at Santa Clause, North Pole, Canada, HOH OHO

BTWW He ain't changin his postal code.

BTWWW THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS SANTA!

Edit to add:

Real Australian news you are missing, "PM denies vote buying after grants audit."

Courtesy of your friendly neighborhood someone-is-ruining-Christmas distraction.
They don;t stop 'till the 26th of December folks. The war on Christmas garbage happens every year. I wonder when the first news story for "Holiday Tree" will pop up.

[edit on 15/11/2007 by Umbrax]

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
BTWWW THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS SANTA!

Now that a bit of a sweeping statement to be making. I take it you can back this up with some hard evidence?

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
Now that a bit of a sweeping statement to be making. I take it you can back this up with some hard evidence?

OMG Absence of evidence does not mean evidence of Absence!

Seriously though this is now my third Christmas on ATS and this media trick is getting old. Every year it is the same thing. I feel sad reading so many ATSers getting red in the face over news stories that can't even cover the five Ws.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Indeed.

And this is the reason I was making my argument against gay jokes becoming illegal. It never ceases to amaze me the level of stupidity some are willing to sink to for sake of political correctness.

I'm actually surprised this didn't start a decade ago after a Saturday Night Live news skit in which they said, "If you are out this christmas and you hear someone saying HO HO HO, be sure it's really santa and not just a pimp trying to boost business".

Lunacy.

Jasn

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Well, the good news is that according to the article it's just one employment firm that's doing this... hopefully they'll simply be laughed at and realize how ridiculous this is.

The firm recruits people to act the part. The people who do business with them (for example shopping malls and stores) should politely say thanks but no thanks.

top topics

join