It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Sanctuary in Canada

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
They volunteered...the recruiters didn't lie to them.

That’s quite an assertion. Have personal first hand knowledge of how they were recruited do we? Please do tell! Recruiters are infamous for saying whatever it takes to get someone to sign. I’m sure all of the NG that are overseas are not the least bit surprised to be serving tour after tour, being stop-lossed and the like. The USA gov has shown zero morality in the treatment of our heroic troops, whether in their recruitment, deployment, or treatment once wounded. It’s the war mongers that should be going to prison, not some hapless soldier who’s realized that murdering innocents for a meager living aint what they signed up for.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by resistor

well said

in fact there have been a number of investigations into recruiters lieing on government documents to enlist.... criminals, for instance...

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by resistor

As a matter of fact I do have personal experiance with recruiters...when I was nought but a younker, I attempted to join the USMC, unfortunately I couldn't pass the silly physical, too deaf, too blind in a combination. Later I tried the USAF, unfortunately the same deal. Close but no cigar. Being an Air Force brat I've been surrounded by military all my life. So I was reasonably sure of what to expect...

I personally wasn't lied to. The recruiters told me straight up what to expect. Wasn't none of it to terribly pleasant for an 18 year old to contemplate quite frankly, but I'd have done it any way.

I doubt very strongly these guys were completely bamboozled, and/or hoodwinked. As I said, keep 'em...

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
To add to the post...

The ones who are treating the returning soldiers so vilely, and it is vile, are not soldiers themselves, they are civilian-type bureaucrats who, in all likelihood, have never served a day in their life. The US gov't. namely Mr. Bush as commander in chief need to address this immediately. Mr. Bush could put an end to it instantly, if he acted as commander in chief. Quit pardoning turkey's and start protecting our returning servicemen and women.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join