It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Raids "Liberty Dollar" Company Offices - Confiscates All "Ron Paul Dollars"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
It's a good thing I'm still surprised by the lechery of the feds. Is there anyway we can peacefully stop these people, it's obvious they want us tied to their slave debt system.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
The Precedent for the Ron Paul Dollar

Argument for legality by Clifford Thies...Mises Institute. I wonder how they intend to deal with the RP Blimp? (shudder)

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Here's a link to a brief video interview with the LD creator. It was carried by the Evansville Courier & Press this passed Friday, November 30. Von NautHaus makes it pretty clear that he believes the timing of the government raid was politically motivated...I concur. The RP campaign continues to downplay the incident...at least publicly.

The video is accompanied by an online poll. Currently, with only 874 respondents...76% believe the Federal gubmn't should return LD's property.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Just got an email from Liberty Dollar today:

December 5, 2007

Dear Liberty Dollar Supporters,

Liberty Dollar Lives! Announcing the Arrest Dollar!

URGENT NOTICE: We are preparing to file the Class Action Lawsuit (CAL) to begin the process to get your property back. PLEASE register for the CAL immediately at: www.libertydollar.org... PLUS, the digital Liberty Dollar (eLD) has been turned on! Now you can check your balance, transfer eLD between accounts and get a digital Liberty Dollar emailed to you so you can be a part of the Class Action Lawsuit. Right now there are over 2500 people on the CAL. We would like to double that to 5,000 names. Please join today.

And in a tremendous show of support for the Class Action Lawsuit, $2000 in eLibertyDollars have been donated towards the CAL. If you need an eLD to qualify for the CAL, just sign up and send in a donation and we will credit an eLibertyDollar to your digital account. PLEASE SIGN UP TODAY… The CAL action is pending. We`are moving aggressively to protect your property that backs up the paper and digital currency.

Now the BIG news. In defiance of the brutal raid that confiscated all of our metals, computers and almost everything, except our free independent spirit… The Liberty Dollar has re-opened and lives with the new "Arrest Dollar"! Thanks to the outpouring of support and the rock solid encouragement from the Regional Currency Offices (RCO), I am proud to be a part of such a staunch organization that refuses to bow to this senseless raid by the FBI and Secret Service that did everything possible to close the voice for Sound Money.

As Jason Hornberger, the President of www.FFF.org commented: "If the government wishes to have a business shut down, the law provides a remedy called an injunction, which is a formal order issued by a judge that requires a person or business to cease and desist from engaging in a certain operation."

We have not received any injunction. Nor a cease and desist order. We have not done anything wrong. We stand on the principle that we are innocent until proven guilty. As free men and women we can do whatever we wish… so long as we do not violate the Law. With 33 years in this industry and no knowledge of any crime plus the advise of legal counsel… I hereby announce the Liberty Dollar lives as "Liberty Dollar Numismatics".

Now, don't get me wrong. We have not dropped our goal of "returning America to value' by providing an "inflation proof" currency. Nor have we become just a "collectable" business. We remain dedicated to our original goals. It is just that we must make-do with what we have and what we can do.

The Liberty Dollar office is now re-opened! Sarah Bledsoe, the trusty manager who was at the Evansville office when I arrived from Hawaii, will continue to man the office. Unfortunately, she will be alone, so if you don't reach her, please leave a message.

The email goes on to describe how they will auction off donated "Liberty Dollars" to fund their legal defense as well as sell the "Arrest Dollars" for defense funding.

It also mentions that checks be made out to Bernard specifically as there is no longer a company bank account.

Also, he mentions that Robert Clarkson of the "Patriot Network" was raided by the same agent who led the raid against himself.

Recently the legendary Robert Clarkson of the Patriot Network has come to our aid. Interestingly, he too was raided by the same Agent Andy and had all his seized material returned. Please visit his incredible site at www.PatriotNetwork.info. And if you really want to get an insight into the government's war against activists click on COINTELPRO in the left column and then use code 4143 to access Part 3 and 4 and learn the truth about the government's "dismantlment" program against organizations like the Liberty Dollar!

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Another email from Liberty Dollar 12/14/2007

Friday, December 14, 2007

Dear Liberty Dollar Supporters:

Dark Moment for Liberty Dollar

I am shocked to inform you that we have learned that the FBI is moving aggressively to forfeit "their" seizure for auction immediately!

If that does not shock and alarm you, you are truly asleep! If there has ever been a time to support the Liberty Dollar with an Arrest Dollar and a donation… it is now!

Due to higher than anticipated demand for the Arrest Dollar, a printable order from as been created to simplify the process. It is available HERE.

This is so shocking that it makes one wonder what is going on. Unfortunately, the draconian raid/seizure/forfeiture by this government is SOP - Standard Operating Procedures! In fact, the more you learn, the worse it is. Once raided, the victim need not be arrested or even charged with a crime before his/her property can be forfeited and auctioned. This is so common that the police often refer to the seized property as "their" property. After all, like any common thief, they stole it… its "theirs"! Or so they would have you think!

Wait! It is not quite that simple with the Liberty Dollar. You see, I considered this dirty, stinking government trick when I designed and developed the Warehouse Receipt (WR) program. And although I didn't think they would really be this bad or simply ignorant… there is no doubt now. For that reason I am not the signatory on the Warehouse Receipt. Nor could I sign the WR because I am not the Warehouse Official. I don't even work for the warehouse. Remember the warehouse is totally independent and the official issuer of the warehouse receipt. NORFED, Liberty Services, myself, everybody who uses them are simply distributors of the receipts.

But the worst news is "economic persecution". Now we have to fight for your property… with nothing because they took everything in the raid. If we hadn't received some donations to get a new computer, we wouldn't even be able to send out this cry for help. This is very serious!

The Search/Seizure Warrants were for property at specific addresses. The property they seized at Sunshine backed the legal, signed Warehouse Receipts. That property was, and still is, owned by the bearers of the warehouse receipts and the digital Liberty Dollar holders. That is your property that they are trying to steal!

So in all fairness, I don't think Agent Andy and the FBI who raided the warehouse at Sunshine Mint know what they are doing. Yes, they can certainly be more damaging than a village idiot, but they may not know much more. It is obvious that they don't understand how a warehouse receipt program works. Except for my personal account at Sunshine, none of the confiscated material at Sunshine Mint was my property. It was YOURS!

Now! Are you going to let the US government steal your property?!
Click HERE to sign up for the Class Action Lawsuit.

You did nothing illegal! You heard about the new "inflation proof" currency and decided to check it out on line at www.LibertyDollar.org. You did your own "due diligence". You read quotes by the government that the Liberty Dollar was legal and that it was not counterfeit. Many of you even called the Fulfillment Office to check out the new currency. Then you made an informed decision to exchange some of your depreciating US dollars for some appreciating gold and silver based Liberty Dollars in specie, paper warehouse receipts and digital form.

Owning gold and silver in any form is not illegal! Over 500,000 individual legal binding warehouse receipts have been issued over the past ten years. Over 25,000+ individuals have visited our site and gotten Liberty Dollars. Neither you nor I are guilty.

Nor did you violate Title 18, Section 486 either. Even US Mint Director Edmond C. Moy acknowledged in a letter to a US Senator that the paper warehouse receipts were not illegal. Section 486 only concerns "use" in metal form. You were not even using the gold and silver. Your property, your metal was stored in the warehouse. You are not guilty. You are a victim!

The gold and silver seized from the issuing warehouse was not the property of the Liberty Services, Liberty Dollar, myself, or even the warehouse... it remains the property of the bearer warehouse receipt holders. It is YOUR property. To date 3,086 people have signed up to be a party to the Lawsuit and GET THEIR PROPERTY BACK.

I ask again: Are you going to let the US government steal your property?!

As bad as all that is, the precious metals industry should be very concerned because if the government can confiscate our gold and silver, they can confiscate theirs. Any raid and liquidation of a private, independent gold and silver warehouse sets an extremely dangerous precedent by this damn government. Where is ICTA - Industry Council for Tangible Assets when we need them?

Now hear this! The government is moving aggressively right now to steal your property!! Please join the Lawsuit to recover the wrongful seizure of your property. If you have not signed up for the Wrongful Seizure Lawsuit (Class Action Lawsuit) do it NOW. It is the only way to get your property back. Please take action immediately! Click HERE to sign up!

The email goes on to mention the class action suit for all Liberty Dollar owners who have essentially lost the silver and gold backing up their certificates, a couple of commentaries about the federal reserve and to thank those who have donated to their legal defense.

Whatever Liberty Dollar products I own are coinage so at the very least they are worth their weight of the silver/gold they are physically minted in but I do have some gold related mining companies in my portfolio as well as some bullion holdings so the likelihood of the fed repeating it's gold confiscation of years past does concern me a bit.

I like how the government can just take things from you. Really, it's great. This is America, right? Maybe I got off at the wrong station a while back.

apc

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Looks like there's a few Ron Paul 1oz. silver liberties that have made it to eBay. One just sold for $102. Spot for silver is $13.81. Quite the demand.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
You can now buy Ron Paul liberty dollar chocolates

ronpaulchocolate.com...

[edit on 15-12-2007 by juicebox]

apc

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Looks like Ron Paul had something to say back on Dec 13th...

www.house.gov...
The two sections this bill repeals, 18 USC 486 and 489, are so broadly written as to effectively restrict any form of private coinage from competing with the products of the United States Mint. Allowing such statutes to remain in force as a catch-all provision merely encourages prosecutorial abuse. One particular egregious recent example is that of the Liberty Dollar, in which federal agents seized millions of dollars worth of private currency held by a private mint on behalf of thousands of people across the country.

I encourage reading the full statement. Could explain some recent media events.

It would also be retroactive. Full text of the bill here, thomas.loc.gov....

Please write your representatives and urge them to support H. R. 4683.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Ron Paul on the Federal Reserve System...the Gold Standard, and market rigging...with a brief reference to the Liberty Dollar.

Liberty Dollar: "Sure, that should be legal"

Gold market: "...now, our central banks around the world collude, and they, over the last ten - twenty years have been dumping Gold to keep Gold down..."

I find the man electable on these two insights alone.

Video clip

apc

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Have you received any mailings? Only recent news I've found is this article. Pretty much the same as a previous WND report, latest release on libertydollar.org.

They've reopened under a new company name, Liberty Numismatics.

>
heh that article was published today... cool.

[edit on 18-2-2008 by apc]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by juicebox
You can now buy Ron Paul liberty dollar chocolates

ronpaulchocolate.com...

[edit on 15-12-2007 by juicebox]

US Mint Calls Liberty Dollar "Delicious!"

ROFL, How much time before these are raided, confiscated, and then consumed by the feds?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
So what's the status of the case now? Did the Fed Gov't auction off all the stolen equipment / gold / silver? What is the status of the class action suit? Any news?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
UPDATE

With the dollar's demise front page news , and our creditors in Beijing threatening to tighten the thumb-screws...the official , coordinated attack on everything Gold is no coincidence.

A year and a half after the initial "raid".....

Feds arrest Liberty Dollar founder and three associates
Submitted by cpowell on Fri, 2009-06-05 11:49. Section: Daily Dispatches
7:45a ET Friday, June 5, 2009

Dear Friend of GATA and Gold:

Liberty Dollar founder Bernard von NotHaus reports today that he and three associates in the Liberty Dollar operation were arrested by federal agents this week as the U.S. government began to prosecute them criminally for issuing the gold and silver Liberty Dollar currency. Fortunately the arrests were civilized and now the issue may be determined in court with some degree of due process of law and some chance of restoration of limited government. You can find von NotHaus' account of the arrests at the Liberty Dollar Internet site here:

Text

Related: FBI Arrests Bernard, Kevin, Sarah & Rachelle

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join