It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Raids "Liberty Dollar" Company Offices - Confiscates All "Ron Paul Dollars"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   

FBI Raids "Liberty Dollar" Company Offices - Confiscates All "Ron Paul Dollars"

votewritein.blogspot.com

I sincerely regret to inform you that about 8:00 this morning a dozen FBI and Secret Service agents raided the Liberty Dollar office in Evansville.

For approximately six hours they took all the gold, all the silver, all the platinum and almost two tons of Ron Paul Dollars that where just delivered last Friday. They also took all the files, all the computers and froze our bank accounts. - Bernard von NotHaus
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
The Liberty Dollar

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
This news hasn't been released by a mainstream news-wire yet...that I could find. If it's not appropriate for the 'breaking' forum, I ask the moderators to please move it. Thank You.

The Liberty Dollar has had it's problems, but this sounds particularly heavy-handed. Disturbing by itself, I just hope it isn't a de-facto assault on presidential candidate Ron Paul.

If you support the movement, and have Liberty currency on order, you may want to make some contacts.

This is all I have on this breaking story at the moment. I'll dig around for more.

votewritein.blogspot.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-11-2007 by OBE1]

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by OBE1

You know, granted I am a pessimist.. but I get the most uncomfortable feeling in this country anymore.. big changes are heading our way. Big indeed.

I consider actions of the government in this fashion as a declaration of war on her people.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Unfortunatly i would have to agree with you. These kind of things are happining more and more. Seems like anything or anyone that may have a chance at altering the agenda of this administration is being wiped off the slate.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Which as history tells us.... is the most obvious precursor to a change in government from one openly accepting of democracy, to one totalitarian.

Honestly..

The only thing missing from the picture is a man or woman who can mesmerize the population with a speech.

Sometime, I am profoundly grateful that Bush has the speaking abilities of a five year old.. imagine for a second that someone who could REALY move a crowd with words, like great political leaders of old, imagine what he could have done with 9/11. He could have inspired the people to slaughter anyone he wished.

The next great public speaker in this country, coupled with the new executive powers granted to the branch by Bush and past presidents will have more power then any President in our history. Thats when I will really start to worry.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Seriously, think about all the 'silver dollar' ads in magazines, internet, etc. The feds are stealing from Ron Paul in a way, this has gone too far.

...from the original link:

This in spite of the fact that Edmond C. Moy, the Director of the Mint, acknowledged in a letter to a US Senator that the paper certificates did not violate Section 486 and were not illegal. But the FBI and Services took all the paper currency too.

People, keep this thread updated, I'm curious as to how the feds are going to talk themselves out this.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Well, the same email was submitted by a cpowell, and posted here on the Gold Anti-Trust Action Committee (GATA) site this morning at 10:15am ET.

After re-reading the lead, something about the times isn't adding-up. Apparently the email was posted on VoteWriteIn.com by founder 'Anthony' at 6:54 AM....I'm assuming this morning. At the top, Anthony says: I just received an email (9:30am EST).

Then, the first paragraph of the email, purportedly written by Liberty Dollar's founder Bernard von NotHaus says: I sincerely regret to inform you that about 8:00 this morning a dozen FBI and Secret Service agents raided the Liberty Dollar office in Evansville. von NotHaus goes on to say that the raid lasted 6 hours?

I can't tell when the Liberty Dollar website was last updated, but the story isn't carried there yet. I'm not getting the picture here...different time zones...different days?

I may have jumped the gun here folks...if so, I apologize for the over-excitement and shoddy research

Will keep digging.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Called Liberty (business hours) & got the answering machine...left message. If he can still access his website, you would think that von NotHaus might have posted a rebuttal by now.

There is an additional comment posted on the blog supposedly substantiating the claim:

Freelander said...

"I called tle law office in Evansville that represents Mr von Not Haus (got info off copy of lawsuit on www.libertydollar.org)and they confirmed that the raid did happen and that things are going to get interesting REAL FAST."

November 15, 2007 9:42 AM

I'll try and contact the law firm.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Im not up on my Liberty Dollar times, so can someone please explain exactly what a Liberty Dollar is and what its connection to Ron Paul is?

Im lost.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by OBE1

OBE1 -- great work on this thread, keep up the good work.... oh, and InSpiteOf, here's the FAQ page about the LD:

www.libertydollar.org...

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Yes, The Liberty Dollar is absolutely 100% legal, lawful, and Constitutional! Legal opinions have been obtained by prominent attorneys that validate that the Liberty Dollar complies with all US laws and the Uniform Commercial Code.

Legally, The Liberty Dollar is a warehouse receipt that guarantees that whoever is holding the currency has ownership of the silver stored in the insured warehouse. The $10 Certificate is backed by one Troy ounce of pure .999 fine silver, the $5 by a half-ounce and $1 by a tenth-ounce. The $500.00 gold certificate is backed by one ounce of pure .9999 fine gold.

Sounds like the FED just had a illegal raid.

[edit on 15-11-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Has anyone ever bought any of these liberty dollars? I am curious if there has been problems when people tried to turn them into silver or gold?

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by anhinga

Ahh i see, its an alternative currency backed by something concrete. But what did it have to do with Ron Paul? Was there just a print of Ron Paul on some of them, or does he specifically endorse it?

apc

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Technically Liberties can not be used as currency, only as a means of barter, which is legal.

Yeah they made a coin with Ron Paul's mug on it.

I hope this is widely publicized. The Liberties are used in many small towns as the dollar weakens. They could be compared to Disney Dollars.

Will they be raiding Disney World next?

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by apc

Thank you for the futher clarification. Its an interesting story, Ill have to keep my eye on it.

Good parrallel to Disney by the way.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I don't think Ron Paul endorsed it and I strongly suspect that the Liberty dollars are a scam. As far as I know, only the Federal Reserve can issue legal tender.

I'd be careful about believing anything you read on that website. If their offices were raided it was probably for good reason, and if they weren't raided, the guy's just done a runner with a lot of people's money.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I got this same email this morning. I've got a bunch of Liberty Dollar products and have used them with some measurable success.

The government has been waging this undeclared war on "we the people" for quite sometime now. At least since 1913. Good thing for them "we the people" are too distracted and divided with idiotic causes and politicking and innumerable pointless pastimes to put up any kind of defense.

It seems that whole right we have to replace a tyrannical government has been made null and void by too many people trying to "define" what a tyrannical government is.

I'd say we're already waaay beyond basic tyranny. It's total enslavement enforced by men with prisons and guns.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
www.usmint.gov...

The National Organization for the Repeal of the Federal Reserve Act and the Internal Revenue Code (NORFED) is producing and marketing gold and silver medallions that NORFED calls "Liberty Dollars." The United States Mint and the United States Department of Justice have received inquiries regarding the legality of these so-called "Liberty Dollar" medallions. The United States Mint urges consumers who are considering the purchase or use of these items to be aware that they are not genuine United States Mint bullion coins and they are not legal tender. These medallions are privately produced products and are not backed by, nor affiliated in any way with, the United States Government. Moreover, prosecutors with the Department of Justice have determined that the use of these gold and silver NORFED "Liberty Dollar" medallions as circulating money is a Federal crime.

Its possible somehow that this office was selling these Liberty dollars as if it was genuine currency, hence why the Secret Service was involved in this. Possibly involved with a scam.

DCP

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Nathabeanz

Who's administration?? Bush is done in a year. Whoever wins really doesn't have an effect on Bush's agenda or are you talking about the agenda of the Democratic controlled congress?

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Funny, I haven't read a blog yet that questions the validity of this report (the time discrepancies)...mostly just a wave of anti-Paul rhetoric...Crackpot pied-piper with a cadre of lunatic-fringe supporters...type of thing.

Evidently I can't access the law firms info without filling-out the petition...not gunna go there...one rumor floating around is that the site was hacked this morning.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join