It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Santas Ho Ho Ho is Offensive to Women

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Yep, that's the extent political correctness has been pushed. In Australia, Santas have been told to use "ha ha ha" instead of the traditional ho ho ho because it is offensive to women, coming too close to the American slang "ho", meaning prostitute.

I know that we live in a fear-based society, but isn't this taking it just a little too far? Or am I wrong? Are there women out there that are offended if a Santa says "ho ho ho" to them? Truly curious.

[edit on 15-11-2007 by jupiter869]

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Is there a news story link so the rest of us can read about it?

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Personally the idea of my child sitting the lap of a potential pervert is far more offensive.Honestly political correctness has gone way overboard.Did someone..or a group of someones complain about the HO HO HO?
My reply would be..if you aren't a ho then why does the word offend you?
Good grief..this world is nuts.
The entire XMAS yes I wrote XMAS season..is just commercial BS.
This year I have renounced the entire holiday.
How long before political correctness states, that the holiday itself is incorrect and the entire tradition changed.
How ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
OH boy, another baseless attack on Christmas
Don't the liberal pukes have anything better to do?
"Ho, ho, ho" has been around for several hundred years - long before the term "ho" was ever employed to mean "prostitute."

I'm so sick and tired of having to be careful not to offend anyone. Some people need to grow a thicker skin and deal with it!

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I call all my friends, bishes and hos , should I not do so during x'mas?

I wouldnt' want to offend the non-ho's

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Umbrax

You can read about the "ho ho ho" here.

My wife pointed this article out to me this morning. I'm still cleaning the soda of the screen. How ridiculous.

This would do one of two things in the US... upset a lot of people (that is if they understood their rights and wanted to protect them) or be laughed off as being just as ridiculous as it really is.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
If someone or some group has the time to pursue changing the world by removing the traditional Santa words, I wish they would have the sense to try to use the time to accomplish a change that could be meaningful to the world or it's people.

Is there an award for useless actions such as this, if so this gets mine.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I think Santa should say what he likes. If he does or doesn't like to say, "Ho!" then that's cool either way. And the article did state that -

news.yahoo.com...

A local spokesman for the US-based Westaff recruitment firm said it was "misleading" to say the company had banned Santa's traditional greeting and it was being left up to the discretion of the individual Santa himself.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
That is a load of.... Anyway that tradition has been used for quite sometime now right? And if a person is dressed like Santa and they say Ho ho ho to a women they shouldn't be offended he's dressed like, he's just doing his job!

By the way did a bunch of women sign a petitiun to ban santas from saying ho ho ho or something?

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
What woman would be offended by that word? If she's not a 'ho' then it shouldn't offend her. If she is a 'ho', then she probably doesn't care anyway.

A lot of words and phrases in the English language sound alike or similar. I can say I'm from "Idaho" but that doesn't mean I'm stating that I'm a 'ho'.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I read this on Yahoo this morning, found it rediculous.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
This is already being discussed here: 'Ho Ho Ho' banned - Offensive to women / frightening to children

Please direct further comments to the thread above.

Thread closed.

top topics

join