It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear device will detonate

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
you have no idea how big of a nuke they can use or how exactly they'll use it, but you still said it would be better to LET IT EXPLODE which would for sure kill everyone so don't risk the "complete distruction of every computer in the city" - you think that won't happen if it goes off?

what specific details do you know about city wide EMP ranges and it's effects?

"just a bomb"

[Edited on 31-1-2004 by Morrison]

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morrison
you have no idea how big of a nuke they can use or how exactly they'll use it, but you still said it would be better to LET IT EXPLODE which would for sure kill everyone so don't risk the "complete distruction of every computer in the city" - you think that won't happen if it goes off?

It's going to be a ground explosion, which cuts down the blast radius dramatically. It in turn would cut down the EMP blast.

I admit that the EMP of the nuke would make the point moot, but I was speaking from the POV that this may happen. If there isn't a nuke going off, then there's no reeason to have an EMP blast. I'm worried about going off half-cocked.

Basically, what I was saying was that setting off the EMP and then not having a nuclear blast could be just as bad as having a nuclear blast.

what specific details do you know about city wide EMP ranges and it's effects?

The same amount as you.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
word it that way next time instead of implying it would be better to let it go instead of disabling it and suffering electrical issues as opposed to everyone being killed because that's exactly what it sounded like

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   

word it that way next time instead of implying it would be better to let it go instead of disabling it and suffering electrical issues as opposed to everyone being killed because that's exactly what it sounded like

By electrical issues, I was alluding to the deaths that result from it, not a lack of TV

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I didn't mean a lack of TV either, but you still don't know 100% what would happen in a situation like that

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Heres a few links I pulled up from my bookmarks since were on the topics of Nuclear Weapons. There are ways to sheild electronics from EMP, unfortunately links to the methods were lost during the last reformat of my machine.

www.areyouprepared.com...
www.fas.org...

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   

I didn't mean a lack of TV either, but you still don't know 100% what would happen in a situation like that

it would cause chaos, that's 100% certainty there

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 01:04 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 01:04 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 01:12 AM
link   
The effects of an EMP can be shielded by a simple Faraday cage. Warships, and many military bases are protected by this. In the event of nuclear war the first strikes would be high altitude nuclear blasts that create an EMP. Without protection a first strike could eliminate our ability to respond.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
An EMP wave can be targeted much like a lazer beam. An EMP does not have to cause wide spread eletrical disruption. They have been conducting tests on EMP weaponary for at least 12 years that (I) know of. The very base of an EMP wave is similar to the freqency wave of a cobalt lazer etc they are using some sort of High Band Microwave transmission adjusted to the natural clock speed of most electronics. Essentially you get a very powerful static shock. There are satellites that are capable of repeating an EMP signal already in orbit. A high power transmission source on the ground fires the modulated (safe) signal to the satellite which in turn (tunes) the signal to the damaging Freq Rate for the EMP to be effective as a countrer weapon, then simply bounces the signal to the disired target and bing-o. High power EMP wave with a focal point of about 1 yard radius.

So no city blocks being wiped out, no great loss of electrical sub systems or transit being affected.

Think this is not real ? A great loop hole in the (no weapons in space debate)

IF the satellite is not the generation of the (weapon) then it can not be termed as a (space weapon) but a transitional means of a ground based weapon to cover a larger area. ie Ballistic Missile is a ground based weapon that uses space as a transitional medium to achieve its target. So therefore such an EMP weapon system using Satellites for relaying the signal to the target is also allowed.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix
An EMP wave can be targeted much like a lazer beam. An EMP does not have to cause wide spread eletrical disruption. They have been conducting tests on EMP weaponary for at least 12 years that (I) know of. The very base of an EMP wave is similar to the freqency wave of a cobalt lazer etc they are using some sort of High Band Microwave transmission adjusted to the natural clock speed of most electronics. Essentially you get a very powerful static shock. There are satellites that are capable of repeating an EMP signal already in orbit. A high power transmission source on the ground fires the modulated (safe) signal to the satellite which in turn (tunes) the signal to the damaging Freq Rate for the EMP to be effective as a countrer weapon, then simply bounces the signal to the disired target and bing-o. High power EMP wave with a focal point of about 1 yard radius.

So no city blocks being wiped out, no great loss of electrical sub systems or transit being affected.

Think this is not real ? A great loop hole in the (no weapons in space debate)

IF the satellite is not the generation of the (weapon) then it can not be termed as a (space weapon) but a transitional means of a ground based weapon to cover a larger area. ie Ballistic Missile is a ground based weapon that uses space as a transitional medium to achieve its target. So therefore such an EMP weapon system using Satellites for relaying the signal to the target is also allowed.

Of course, we would have no idea where the nuke is, so we'd have to zap the entire city

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by 29MV29

My prediction is this: If GWB reelection starts to dwindle and it looks like certain defeat for him, there will be a nuclear detonation of some type WITHIN the continental U.S.

But I hope not....

www.usatoday.com...

Bush's ratings are heading south, to bad all his Illegal friends there can't help him...

Kerry's standing has strengthened not only against his Democratic rivals but also against Bush. For the first time, he clearly defeats the president in a head-to-head matchup, 53% to 46%. By 63% to 24%, those surveyed say Kerry would be a good president.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Last year the United States Congress Alocated Money for the development of a new type of nbb which is a development of a nuclear bunker buster. I can assure you it will be tested this year sometime around summer or before in the united states the state it will be tested in will be nevada. As far as the planned attacks for the use of a dirty bomb or a attack on a power plant I do know from years back there are 3 power plants that were and still are to the best of my knowledge still targets. One is Indian Point Nuclear Reactor. The reason that one is a target is the reactor is almost 60 years old. Last year you can find infomation that the general accounting office recived a memorandom from the people around that power plant to have it decommissioned. The N.E.C. Also called the Nuclear Energy Commission would not allow last year the power plant to be decomissioned. The 2nt is The Long Island Nuclear Power Plants off the Mahatten Island Near N.Y. City. The reason this was picked for a target was if a radiation event was caused there the city is surrounded by water which gives good pretext to run a military test for the people as far a police state. Also it would allow for a test to see how people would deal with being isloated in large numbers. The 3rd is Down In Phoniex Arizona. The power plants down there are a target for reasons due to wind currents. If the radiation event was large enough then it could spread across several states allowing for a larger pretext for a larger military practice of model state emergency war powers dealing with the forced lock down of citizens across several states. As far as I know dealing with memos I have seen come out over the years dealing with attacks on power plants this does not just include nuclear it also includes hydro. One of the power plants I have seen named in the past is hover dam. As well as Fort Peck.

There has also been some news dealing with the possiblity of a airline attack again there are several plans that I am aware of that have been talked about in the news over the last 2 years one of them was the possiblty of a airliner being used to crash into a power plant these plans dealt mainly with nuclear power plants. But wouldnt rule out hydro either. The other plans as far as the airliners would be at least in the u.s. would be to fly a airliner over a u.s. city and shoot it down with a ground fired missle as it is getting ready to land. I should point out that this has alot of liklyhood John Carmen who is a whistleblower is aware of a recent border customs case that involes a man I call missles. Missles problem was he found out that middle eastern men were comming across the southern boarder with sholder fired missles from russia primarly.

When he went to go put out a warrent for the men to be arrested the b.a.t.f. did show up but the also arrested missles at the same time. When he complained about being arrested he was told to shut his mouth or he would lose his job. He complained and lost his job last november. I am not currently aware of where the missles are but I do know as of last they were being held in a storehouse in new mexico and some of them made there way into montana.

Johns website is www.customscorruption.com...
for updates on missles case.

That is all for now.

Falcon

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica

It's not an "electrical problem". It's the complete destruction of every computer in the city. That'll wreak havoc on hospitals, water supply (my biggest concern), communications, etc... We saw what happened with the Northeast Blackout, and that was a simple power grid failure. An EMP would screw up much more than the grid.

i was part of that blackout, in detroit, michigan. we were just about the last to get power back out of everywhere... granted we still had communications (over radio) and hospitals. but we didn't have water, or traffic lights, or phones (for the first two days). the news was reporting no higher rate of deaths or crime. in fact, i think crime in the area actually went down a bit that week... if anything it brought my community a lot closer together.

Originally posted by falcon
There has also been some news dealing with the possiblity of a airline attack again there are several plans that I am aware of that have been talked about in the news over the last 2 years one of them was the possiblty of a airliner being used to crash into a power plant these plans dealt mainly with nuclear power plants.

the reactors were designed to take a nuclear warhead detonating right on top of them, i'm sure they could take an airliner. if anything, the best way to knock out power would be to fly a light plane of sorts into the transformer wires... and that could be done at ANY power plant.

but that's all just my two cents.

DoD

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven

I was just thinking about it, and one of the best defenses against a nuclear weapon could be the very afterefect it produces (EMP). Say a nuclear weapon was discoevered and the timer was counting down, instead of trying to disarm it and possible cause a premature detonation, wouldnt a emp weapon work better to shut down all the electrical circuts of the bomb before it can detonate?

an emp device uses a nuclear blast do from the wave so u would set off bothe nukes causing more destruction

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by falcon

Falcon,

I came across your comments purely by coincidence. I am glad you quoted my web site as I can use the publicity.

I seem to remember possibly making some remarks, but it has been a while.

I remember former KBG Col. Stanislav Lunev talking about some suit case "nukes" that may have already gotten into this country just after the fall of Communist Russia and the Berlin Wall.

His book, Through The Eyes of the Enemy" is a must read.

Do WE know each other? If not, we should talk some time.

My website is NOT up to date as it should and I have had a bit of a problem getting someone to do web mastering. Just a few updates and that's it for awhile.

I have been gone from March 16,2007 to about March 20, 2010 as I was "set up" and went to prison for a "Conspiracy" I did NOT commit. The U.S. Attorney used a "convicted" Illegal alien form Mexico who was an informant and needed a GREEN CARD. That's what this country has lowered itself to. The U.S. Attorney will solicit the LIES of a smuggler to get a "badge" at any cost.

The U.S. Attorney's have told me before that THEY will do anything to protect the agency.

When the head of our Justice Department LIES to do whatever it takes to "silence" the Truth form "Whistle-blowers", then it is time to make some changes.

Please contact me via email:[email protected].

Or snail mail: John Carman, P.O. Box 577, La Mesa, Ca. 91944

top topics

<< 1   >>

join