It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Dept. Inspector-General bows out of Blackwater probe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   

State Dept. Inspector-General bows out of Blackwater probe

www.cnn.com

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The State Department's inspector-general announced Wednesday he would recuse himself from decisions involving security contractor Blackwater, after admitting his brother serves as an adviser to the company.

Howard Krongard already was under scrutiny by the House Oversight and Government Affairs Committee, led by California Democrat Henry Waxman.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.washingtonpost.com
ap.google.com
news.bbc.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
F.B.I. Says Guards (Blackwater) Killed 14 Iraqis Without Cause

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Krongard first denied that his brother was an advisor to Blackwater, but changed his tune after evidence was presented at the Wednesday hearing.

"I had not been aware of that, and I want to state on the record right now that I hereby recuse myself from any matters having to do with Blackwater."

Was he hiding the truth? Do you believe that the man in charge of investigating Blackwater at the State Dept had no idea his brother had ties to the company?

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Another fatcat caught with his finger in the pie. This whole Blackwater mess stinks of corruption, with the State Department giving them instant immunity before there was even a beginning to the investigation. Now we can see how this was going to get swept under the rug, because the Inspector General's family is tied to Blackwater. In a just world, this guy should be disbarred and any decision he ever made concerning Blackwater should be examined with a fine toothed comb. Think that will happen..?

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

Corruption in the US has become the norm, rather than the exception. At all levels of government, from local through federal, more and more stories are breaking about just how corrupt our government really is. It's sickening to watch this country be destroyed by self-serving madmen, while the hard working people who make up the majority of this country are fed lies and made to despise each other to keep them from banding together against the wealthy minority in power.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
What bothers me is the fact that it seems to be alright to explain apparant lies away with a simple I wasn't aware, which seems to be an all too often and accepted way of dealing with exposed discrepencies in statements made by our elected and appointed in Washington.

I guess since it all depends on what the definition of is is.

Not blaming the former President, but integrity seems to have left the nation's capital in leaps and bounds.

It is not right to lie to the citizens of the United States, If they lie to us, who else do they lie to?

No wonder my country has a credibility problem around the world.

Has there ever been a time more ripe for the silent majority to start becoming the vocal majority?

In my lifetime I haven't seen one.

To put it simply.............The staus quo MUST GO!

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I can't believe he said he "phoned his brother" and found out he was present at a meeting the day before. Thus confirming what he had so strenuously (and nervously) denied. Right. Only thought to phone him then?

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

after admitting his brother serves as an adviser to the company

Geez, makes you wonder how many times other politicians have dropped charges to save face in front of their cronies and business partners.

Sad...

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Great post, i cant wait to see how deep this rabbit hole goes.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Wow. Do they even look for conflics of interest any more? Somehow the average citizen won't care....I'm stumped.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
thats how you get the contracts
no connections no contracts.
Billy beer anyone?

reply to post by LordBaskettIV

top topics

join