It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill on sanctions against Russian cos. submitted to U.S. Congress

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Bill on sanctions against Russian cos. submitted to U.S. Congress

en.rian.ru

WASHINGTON, November 14 (RIA Novosti) - A bill demanding sanctions against Russian companies and organizations supplying armaments to Iran and Syria has been submitted to the U.S. House of Representatives.

Five congressmen said the companies violate U.S. laws banning arms deliveries to Tehran and Damascus.

Russia has said all its arms deliveries to the two Mideast nations are in line with international laws, but U.S. authorities have repeatedly called on Russia to stop arms deliveries to countries Washington considers a threat.

President Vladimir Putin said in October that Russia will not allow other countries to put restrictions on its arms exports.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Well, the situation with Russia seem to be heating up a little. This is yet another thing that shows us again that Cold War II has already begun.

en.rian.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Duby78

Yes the situation does seem to be heating up a little bit. I won't go so far as to say cold war two just yet. The reference say the sanctions are against companies and organisations, not the government. That's something I guess. Although be it the weapons systems that were sold do sound to be top notch missile systems.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Can't see that being too successful, not unless Europe wants it's gas supply turned off . Or that bill only affects American companies dealing with them ?

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Gun Totin Gerbil

Gerbil
a U.S. bill does mean that is affects U.S. only.
My views on this at this time are undecided.
I remember the cold war, and I think the U.S. and Soviet Republics make much better friends the enemies.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
ah ok , the European christmas turkeys are still safe then . Be interesting to see if they call for sanctions against chinese companies should they supply arms to Iran .

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Gun Totin Gerbil

Gerbil,
I think you hit a very big point there, something I would like to see happen, but I doubt it will any time soon.

new topics

top topics

join