It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the perps pop the Pope?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   
In April '08 Pope Benedict XVI will visit God's country. He's going to stop in Washington and New York, while staying clear of gay old Catholic Boston.

www.time.com...

I'm no fan of the Pope, although I have to give the guy credit for calling a spade a spade as far as Muslim extremism goes, but this visit raises concerns in my mind. I wanted to raise these questions with the deep thinkers on the forum.

If the Pope were popped in the US by some "Iranian student" in April '08 would that be enough to get the ball rolling on an invasion of Iran, or a Serbian style shellacking of Iran's infrastructure by the US Air Force?

I'm thinking of this in straight political terms although I know there are "endtimes" scenarios that the Pope's death would play into.

Could the assassination of the Pope be spun in such a way as to advance the neocon agenda of the Bush administration to the point where it could be a pretext for another major wave of military action in the mideast?

[edit on 15-11-2007 by ipsedixit]

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
The pope is a religious figure. If he was murdered, there would be a trial for those that commited such a crime. The pope holds no allegiance to the US, why would the US, a supposedly Christian nation, go to war over the murder of a religious figurehead?

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by InSpiteOf

The pope is a religious figure.

Granted.

If he was murdered, there would be a trial for those that commited such a crime.

On the contrary. In my scenario that person would be deceased also.

. . .why would the US, a supposedly Christian nation, go to war over the murder of a religious figurehead?

That's my question. Could a case be made? Could people be manipulated to do it? Is there a reason that could be trotted out? Is there a scenario involving the Pope that would do it? What if both the Pope and Dubya . . . ? I dare not say it.

[edit on 15-11-2007 by ipsedixit]

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
On the contrary. In my scenario that person would be deceased also.

Ahh I see, it does change the scenario, but i still dont see using a religious figure as a catalyst.

That's my question. Could a case be made? Could people be manipulated to do it? Is there a reason that could be trotted out? Is there a scenario involving the Pope that would do it? What if both the Pope and Dubya . . . ? I dare not say it.

Well for starters, there would have to be some serious outcry from the public, and I dont see that happenning because, not everyone is Catholic.

I honestly think making case for war based on what one person did to a religious figurehead would be a tough stretch. Considering the current political climate, if any US administration made the claim that the Iranian Government ordered or had a hand in the assassination, I think (and hope) it would be scrutinized to hell and back by anyone and everyone.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I hope you are right. Part of the reason I brought this thread up was that I don't want the neocon agenda to move forward and I was hoping to jinx their plans if they were thinking along these lines.

Long life to His Holiness and peace to all everywhere.

top topics

join