It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taser video shows RCMP shocked immigrant within 25 seconds of their arrival

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789

www.thestar.com...

Assistant-deputy chief coroner Jeff Dolan said an autopsy showed there was no trauma, disease or any other obvious cause of death. Officials are still waiting for the results of toxicology tests and microscopic examinations.

This man didn't have heart trouble. The coroner's autopsy states this.

Read some of the links I just provided, they tell you what happened before the police arrived.

Which begs the question: Was there something in his system that reacted violently to the electricshock?

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
What is going on in Ireland, is destined to happen here someday.
There is a limit to the amount of abuses that the populace will tolerate, and when that tipping point occurs, things will happen.
That is why they have the martial law efforts in place, because they want
us to get to the point of rebellion.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Originally posted by goosdawg
Or writhing around on the floor in pain from the high-voltage being shot through your body?

High voltage actually isnt that painful....its the current, you could have several thousand volts at less than a pico amp and not feel thing...

Meh, you say potatoes, I say spuds!!

An electric shock can occur upon contact of a human's body with any source of voltage high enough to cause sufficient current flow through the muscles or hair.
Source | Wikipedia | Electric shock

Anyway, I think you get my point...

Lethality of a shock

The voltage necessary for electrocution depends on the current flowing through the body and the duration of the current flow. Using Ohm's law, Voltage = Current x Resistance, we see that the current drawn depends on the resistance of the body. The resistance of our skin varies from person to person and fluctuates between different times of day. In general, dry skin isn't a very good conductor having a resistance of around 10,000 Ω, while skin dampened by tap water or sweat has a resistance of around 1,000 Ω.

The capability of a conducting material to carry a current depends on its cross section, which is why males typically have a higher lethal current than females (10 amperes vs 9 amperes) due to a larger amount of tissue. However, death can occur from currents as low as 0.1 to 0.3 amps.

Yeah, I know, it's wiki, but it's relevant.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg
Meh, you say potatoes, I say spuds!!

An electric shock can occur upon contact of a human's body with any source of voltage high enough to cause sufficient current flow through the muscles or hair.

Anyway, I think you get my point...

If only my electronics teacher was so easy going

Lethality of a shock

The voltage necessary for electrocution depends on the current flowing through the body and the duration of the current flow. Using Ohm's law, Voltage = Current x Resistance, we see that the current drawn depends on the resistance of the body. The resistance of our skin varies from person to person and fluctuates between different times of day. In general, dry skin isn't a very good conductor having a resistance of around 10,000 Ω, while skin dampened by tap water or sweat has a resistance of around 1,000 Ω.

The capability of a conducting material to carry a current depends on its cross section, which is why males typically have a higher lethal current than females (10 amperes vs 9 amperes) due to a larger amount of tissue. However, death can occur from currents as low as 0.1 to 0.3 amps.

Yeah, I know, it's wiki, but it's relevant.

You misjuged my level of "small" , I work below the nano barrier of ohms, which can be annoying...

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Which begs the question: Was there something in his system that reacted violently to the electricshock?

yes, his nervous system, apparently. tasers kill.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Finally I got to see the video of this poor desperate man on the news. Sad very sad that he had to die, yet another death to the safety of the new and improved tasers.

What a shame.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
www.news1130.com...

All the reports say the same thing, that this man had no drugs or alcohol in his system. I can't find a link to the actual report.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Wasn't this guy seperated from his family or had he not lost them at the airport? What a tragedy, I will hold off calling anyone murderers until there is a ful investigations.

Cops are gettig trigger happy nowadays with these tazers are they not. Some guy in the UK was tazerred while he was in a coma by the police. Although he had his medical tag around his neck. they did not even bother to look... They tazed him.

That guy now sufferes from P.Stress/Depression as a result. Now those officers involved were not charge, the CPS decided not to charge them.. The IPC is investigating to see if any diciplinary procedures are to be taken. But just goes to show maybe more cops/police officers needs more training on using tazers before they are equiped with them.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 03:50 AM
link   
A frightening aspect of this incident is in the way Corporal Dale Carr, Canadian police spokesman, attempts to explain the events on the video:

But it's only one piece of evidence and it's one persons view. It's through the viewfinder of one individual.

Source 1:45

I never knew video could have an opinion

A simple combination of compassion and common sense would have saved this mans life.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I noticed it took the one officer 4 attempts to collapse his paton. were they in touch with dispatch through any of that? im not trying to make a conspiracy out of this, but that is not usuall RCMP behavior, the whole thing seems a little sureal. Did someone tell the cops he was a potential terrorist or something? i dont understand the violent engagement, RCMP go through good training programs, it not like this was the VPD, otherwise i would completely undertstand, those guys are gangsters with badges.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by shanti23

Yeah, one very damning piece of evidence, IMHO.

Originally posted by shanti23
A simple combination of compassion and common sense would have saved this mans life.

Absolutely true, but I'm afraid those qualities, today, are in very short supply.

And now, as a result, a mother's lost her son, and "the bacon" will have a lot of explaining to do...

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
THE Taser company is now saying that the weapon had nothing to do with this man's death.

www.canada.com...

I have searched for results from tests in the 18 deaths related to taser incidents in Canada since 2003 and haven't any mention of the taser not being at fault. There was mention of it not being the only factor but nothing stating outright that it had nothing to do with the deaths.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Hot media! "The Current" out of CBC... it'll be online poddy today sometime... Sirius 137 right now. Real news. I'll be damned. Cops will want to hear this. Holy-moley. Andrew Dennis. Listen to the whole thing. You decide.

Vic

[edit on 30-1-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Sign now the official petition to Ban Tasers at petitions.number10.gov.uk...

There are already 435 Taser related deaths in North America (full list here: Taser News)
Amnesty international recommends a suspension on all use of tasers until a rigorous, independent and impartial inquiry into their use & effects is carried out. (Amnesty International)

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreb13
He was tasered 25 seconds after police arrived but before that, he smashed a computer and threw a table to the ground and tried to destroy other stuff.

link to video

[edit on 15-11-2007 by dreb13]

yup...and i guess all people that break stuff should be tazed and if they die...oh well...tough luck. in fact police should immediately taze anyone not instantly obeying their commands, that would show the regular people who is boss, and if the police get lucky they might kill off a few more of these people that they are so fearful of. ELECTROCUTE NOW & AND TALK LATER. besides you know how hard it is for cops to wrestle people and put handcuffs on them. it's just too much F'ING work and cops don't need that.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join