It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taser video shows RCMP shocked immigrant within 25 seconds of their arrival

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Taser video shows RCMP shocked immigrant within 25 seconds of their arrival

www.cbc.ca

An eyewitness's video recording of a man dying after being stunned with a Taser by police on Oct. 14 at Vancouver International Airport has been released to the public.

About 25 seconds after police enter the secure area where he is, there is a loud crack that sounds like a Taser shot, followed by Dziekanski screaming and convulsing as he stumbles and falls to the floor.

One officer is heard to say, "Hit him again. Hit him again," and there is another loud cracking sound.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ctv.ca
www.news.com.au

[edit on 15-11-2007 by GAOTU789]

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   
*** Graphic Video****
WOW. This is the video of the death of the man at Vancouver airport last month. It clearly shows them tasering the guy several times.

They RCMP tried to keep this video from being public. The video contradicts some of the statements that they made about this incident. The man that shot the video had to go through the courts to retrieve it from the Mounties.

I was going to add some relevant threads but there are so many here on this subject.

www.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-11-2007 by GAOTU789]

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   
He was tasered 25 seconds after police arrived but before that, he smashed a computer and threw a table to the ground and tried to destroy other stuff.

link to video

[edit on 15-11-2007 by dreb13]

apc

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Because someone who breaks stuff deserves to die...

I can't tell if it's a good thing or a bad thing that the Canadians are as retarded as us Americans. I'm leaning towards bad.

How much blood will have to be shed before the police stop murdering civilians?

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by dreb13

And he spoke no English and received no help from anyone in the ten hours since his arrival at the airport.

A stranger in a strange land, this incident was the culmination of his very first flight.

He was scared and isolated, and the cops tried to cover-up their actions.

They even fought the release of this video, because they knew what was on it.

He wasn't on drugs or alcohol.

This is a travesty.

My heart goes out to this poor man's mother.

BBC | Americas | Canadian stun gun death on video

Edit to add: I can't bring myself to watch this video, it's description in the articles above says it all.

[edit on 15-11-2007 by goosdawg]

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   
PIGS!!!!!!
This makes me sick to my stomach!

So, you give these PIGS a "non-lethal" weapon to use in EXTREME circumstances and these PIGS are now using it as their first line of contact with anyone and everyone - from 72 year old grandmothers to 5 year old children at school.

They didn't even try to give him any medical assistance, like CPR. They killed him in cold blood and left him there dead on the ground. This is MURDER, plain and simple. MURDER! These fascist goons should be arrested and tried for murder and sent to the gulag to rot away their miserable, pathetic existence!

Welcome to the police state - where assault by the PIGS is fully sanctioned and accepted and your life is worth NOTHING! May they all rot in hell!

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

wow kozmo... don't hold back... tell us how you really feel.

Seriously though, that is scary. Didn't I read somewhere on another thread that a lot of tazering goes on at Vancouver airport? I would think twice about flying into that place.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   
WOW Even Canadian cops are being pigs and deserve no sympathy from anyone anymore. This guy did not deserve to be tased at all imo and they should have gotten a translator. I would join any movement and do whatever I could to get these tasers banned from police use. The RCMP think their a bunch of cowboys to and I hope the mother wins a multi million judgement against them. I am almost at the point where I think society would be better off without these pigs.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Everyone needs to arm themselves with a video cam.

And keep it handy at all times.

If Big Brother can CCTV us, then we need to CCTV back, to protect ourselves, and our fellow man.

[edit on 15-11-2007 by goosdawg]

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I believe I heard the commentator say the man had been held in the security area for over ten hours! I'd be agitated as well. I'm sure the man was getting frustrated for having to sit there for that long as well as the fact that nobody (other than another civilian) was attempting to talk to him. Also the fact he couldn't speak english.
I think any rational HUMAN BEING with any sense of compassion would understand the man's frustration.
But, Kosmo hit it on the head, these "people" aren't human beings... they are PIGS who get enjoyment out of exerting their power over a defensless person. Hell, the one guy was yelling "hit him again!" while he was on the ground, convulsing, with four of the pigs on top of him (one with his knee on his neck)!
What happened to our society? When did we jump from trying to talk to each other straight to shooting and killing a person? It's obvious we are now all terrorists/criminals in the eyes of the PIGS... has anyone seen what Britain is making people do to go into/out of the country?
Sad thing is none of these PIGS will even be reprimanded, let alone spend a second in jail.
Therefore, I agree with you Kosmo 100%... I hope they all rot in hell.

[edit on 15-11-2007 by mecheng]

apc

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I'm pretty dispassionate towards... well everything and everyone. But even I see that this is unacceptable. I don't really care about his 10 hours dealing with air port crap, his not speaking English nor being a newly arrived immigrant.

I see a fairly simple logic. If this man was not physically threatening the life others, potentially lethal force was not justified.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc
I see a fairly simple logic. If this man was not physically threatening the life others, potentially lethal force was not justified.

POTENTIALLY? Please apc... perhaps you could explain your "logic". What did this man do that he deserved to die? Potentially... gimme a break!

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
i JUST watched this on cnn.

funny thing, before the tough cops got there, some lady was there trying to talk him down...she used italian and sign language trying to cam him...she said she NEVER fet threatened and, she also said she heard the cops talking about tazing him before they even got there.

so yeah, he broke a chair and yelled....you get 4 lawmen there that end up tazing him twice...then, they get him on the ground...

medics are on duty but they don't get there for 12 minutes....guess they didn't feel the need to call.

now, dude is dead....guess he should not have broke a chair

i like hoe average people, ladies and such are not threatened and will attempt to talk them down, but the law gets there and 25 seconds later the lightning comes out.....

buncha doodoo

apc

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
mecheng,

I think you're confused... I agree with your point of view.

Yes... potentially. Many argue that tasers can not kill. Obviously, they can.

If a suspect is not threatening the lives of others, they do not deserve to have their own life threatened.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
apc... I see. I misunderstood. Sorry bout that (i'm a bit pissed right now).

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Just as a suggestion to those who are readying thier pitchforks and video cameras for the "Up and coming" police state , I think maybe....just maybe...... we could hold out for all the facts to arise before we make a judgement?

Or shall I look for the drum for us to hold a drum head trial on?

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by devilwasp

We won't need the pitchforks if we're armed with video cameras...and lawyers.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by devilwasp

they tazed him
no cpr
he's dead

what else to know

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Is it just me or did the police at the 8:20 part start bashing the guy in the head with his baton. I don't know if he died from a taser, but it could have been those deadly hits.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78

they tazed him
no cpr
he's dead

what else to know

Just like the Jean Charles de Menezes incident you mean where a man was shot 7 times in the head?

You want to go do a drum head trial go ahead....just give me enough time to move out of your country and to someplace where investigations are carried out instead of a witch hunt.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join