It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are so many Masons on ATS?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I want to "gentle down" my approach to the Masons.

I have on simple question that I can't explain to myself logically without
thinking conspiracy.

and a subquestion

This forum is about conspiracies. Almost all conspiracies theories lead to some
form of secret society, or secrets of society. But when one mentions the Masons
the thread is moved to Secret Societies Forum of which many of the Mods are
Masons.

Almost every thread in the Secret Societies forum is specifically about Masons.
Is this just chance?

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I just want to remind us what Kinglizard says

ATS Secret Societies Posting Guidelines - ALL MEMBERS READ

The purpose of the Secret Societies Forum is to discuss the conspiratorial nature of organizations that have in the past or currently are shielding their activities from the public at large. The means that they use to accomplish this and the purpose of their secrecy is the very essence of what is to be discussed within the confines of the Secret Societies Forum. Such discussion is regarding a conspiracy and is exactly what ATS is for.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by stompk
Is this just chance?

We have a great advertising agency.

Seriously though, I'd posit that quite simply, most people aren't aware of any other 'secret' societies coupled with the vilification that Masonry receives at the hands of religious types of certain persuasions.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   
How about the most simple explanation:

I joined masonry because I am interested in knowledge and deep discussion.
I joined ATS because I am interested in knowledge and deep discussion.

Same motivation.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by stompk

Just as a follow-up to your OP, I'd also say that the reason there seems to be so many Masons on the SS forum is just that the anti-Mason nutters come and go whilst the Masons stay on to engage, point out either shortcomings or out-and-out falsehoods in nutter posts and provide accurate inside information (within limitations that is).

I think I can fairly say that nobody with a reasoned axe to grind about Masonry has been sandbagged.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   
A mason in real life can never be a mason. A mason on ATS can be total mason. Let me show you my apron, kiss my G-nostic avatar.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   
FreeMason Facts?

Are the facts on the link I posted, facts?

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Everytime I try to discuss a conspiracy about Masons, I get attacked.

[edit on 15-11-2007 by stompk]

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I've been here since before I was a Mason. I came here for the "Ancient & Lost Civilizations" and "Aliens & UFO's" forums originally.... I would actually enjoy this "Secret Societies" forum a lot better if the same anti-Mason stuff wasn't rehashed over and over... seriously, we have the SAME type of posts regurgitated here for about 4 years.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   
There must be some element of truth then.

Keepers of mysteries.

Haven't shown me nothing but organized intimidation.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Keepers of mysteries.

stompk,

i think that you are at crossroads and you've been offered multiple times why not just join the masons and find out for yourself

i am new but have been reading alot into the mason posts and i must say I admire your dedication to the topic but some of your points are even more far-fetched than some of the ufo stuff in ATS

i think just like you and me and anybody else, anybody who is a mason can join and choose to stay
, while the anti-masons like the post above choose to post, opiniate themselves and dissapear

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   

FreeMason Facts?

Some of the 'facts' are true. Some are given out of context. The conclusions are wrong.

[edit on 15/11/2007 by Saurus]

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Could you please specify the conclusion. I saw none made.

also;

are the "Three Amigos" Masonic?

[edit on 15-11-2007 by stompk]

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
An example:

True:
Freemasonry has no worship services because it is not a church per se, but rather a fraternal organization. Masonic gatherings are more like club meetings, which may involve a number of issues such as Masonic-sponsored community projects, current events, or Lodge business.

Incorrect (implies something which is incorrect):
Yet Masonry has all the trappings and nomenclature of a deeply religious organization...

[edit on 15/11/2007 by Saurus]

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by stompk

I want to "gentle down" my approach to the Masons.

I have on simple question that I can't explain to myself logically without

I am wondering if you thought that our lodges tell certain members to go to ATS and discuss with anti-Masons? Its a personal choice, no conspiracy.

Some come for many different topics. When I joined I was looking at 9/11 conpiracies, Masons took a lot of flak from some of the crap I read so I checked them out. Instead of sitting in a chair and deomonizing an entire group of men I joined them to see first hand. As you can see then, when I joined ATS I was not a Mason. I am now. I know of a few other Masons who are the same way as I in this matter.

This forum is about conspiracies. Almost all conspiracies theories lead to some

Because Freemasonry is a SS, if your thread is about us it is moved to SS where we can easily dispel all the crazy myths you guys come up with.

Without Masonry the SS forum would parish and wouldn't be needed, it is a way for ATS to keep certain topics divided into subgroups for easy navigation. Not every thread is about Masons, but any thread about Masons finds its way here.

As far as I can tell that is a somewhat adequate summary of Masonry. Albeit very short. The way it was written is obviously a little biased, I would get your information from somewhere else though.

Everytime I try to discuss a conspiracy about Masons, I get attacked.

No you don't. Only when you attack Freemasonry do you get attacked in return. We see the same thing over and over and over again, surly you understand where we come from on this.

Keepers of mysteries.

Who is intimidating you friend? I have seen no one do such a thing but rather answer your questions, and yet you are the one still mocking?

are the "Three Amigos" Masonic?

If they are, which I seriously doubt, they have never made that known.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   

The more a man becomes individual, the more he can become a bearer of love. Where blood links men together they love because they are led by the blood to what they should love. When man is granted individuality, when he tends and nurtures the divine spark within him, then the impulses of love, the waves of love, must pass from man to man in freedom of the heart.

Could you agree with this statement made by Rudolf Steiner in the book "The Apocalypse of St. John (Lectures on the book of Revelation)?

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
To be honest, it's badly written - I coudn't make much sense as to what the auther meant.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The statement, or the book?

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The statement. (I haven't read the book)

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I´ll share a secret with you.

A few months ago we sat together after a lodge meeting. One of us produced a print-out during dinner to read it to the group. It was from an anti-masonic website. While we dined and drank wine he was reading it to us, and we constantly burst out in laughter. According to that paper we were in drug-trafficking, child-prostitution, arms-dealing and involved in several plots to take over the world. We all had a hearty laugh because it was difficult to imagine any of us in those positions. I brought up the subject of one of my favourite websites...ATS...and guess what? I was not the only one in the round who enjoys ATS. So we discussed conspiracy-theories for awhile and also the ever lingering question "Why do people think we are involved in all this stuff?". We still dont have an answer but some of us are very amused by it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join